New Top Ten at season's end

Oak Ridge has beaten Farragut by a combined score of 115-7 over the past 12 months in 3 games. I wouldn't place them in the top 50.

Ole Dad

So since FHS beat the owls 68-23 over two games that would mean Ooltewah would be in the top 60. :thumb:

Wow where does that put the teams the owls beat like Oak Ridge, DB and Cookeville?

Come Old Dad your talking out of both sides of your two faced mouth. So the Ads only loose to one 5A program and you say they don't deserve to be in the top 50. What kid of stink bait are you steppin-in?

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, D-II is second rate. That is why the Super Seven has teams who play challenging schedules and consistently beat good programs. That is why over the past several years I can remember the 5A champ losing to teams that didn't win the D2-AAA title. That is why the 5A, no doubt a good team, lost to BA. a team who was manhandled by MUS 28-0. CBHS beat the 4A runner-up Melrose. The only other team to do that was Maryville. Father Ryan, perhaps the worst team in D2-AAA, beat Franklin 27-13, who had two narrow losses by a combined 3 points to Ravenwood and a 9-7 loss to Brentwood (not BA). Only two D2-AAA teams lost TN public schools, Briarcrest and McCallie. Briarcrest's lost was against Melrose 14-0. McCallie lost to Alcoa 45-35 and Powell 27-24. Briarcrest didn't make the playoffs, and McCallie lost in the first round. MBA beat Trinity, a powerhouse in Kentucky. D2-AAA is just as solid if not more than D1. The D2 schools would love to compete and show that not only can we compete, but we can beat the top D1 schools. We did not choose to be split up. Also, these programs were solid when they competed against D1 schools before the split, and they are just as good if not better now, and as evident by MBA playing Byrnes and Trinity, they are not afraid to play anyone. If you want to play us, tell Ronnie Carter to end the split. We would love to lose they travel expenses, regain the time lost in the classroom due to travel, and not have to travel 7 hours for regular season "region" games. MUS and CBHS, as well as other D2-AAA schools, have the ability to beat any D1 school.

Don't blame Ronnie Carter - I see other private schools like David Lipscomb playing in Division I. Division II is by private school choice to cherry pick athletes or not with financial aid athletic scholarships. It’s an old story and I don’t feel sorry for BA or MBA having to travel. They could go to another high school. Example: TC Jennings (Ravenwood QB) left BA at the end of the eighth grade. He went into the ninth grade at Ravenwood H.S. when the school was open 3-1/2 years ago and without a football team. What did it get him? DI-5A Championship Ring! What did he loose out for not staying at BA? No DII-3A Championship Ring.

How is a private school different from a school with open enrollment? They pick their athletes. I know Melrose has open enrollment and recruits within the inner city, and it is why they are always good. Private schools have to give financial aid in order let in kids who would not have an opportunity to go there. Also, there are a lot more non-athletes than athletes on financial aid. The schools want kids who want to be there, and in order to do that they have to do so.

Don't blame Ronnie Carter - I see other private schools like David Lipscomb playing in Division I. Division II is by private school choice to cherry pick athletes or not with financial aid athletic scholarships. It’s an old story and I don’t feel sorry for BA or MBA having to travel. They could go to another high school. Example: TC Jennings (Ravenwood QB) left BA at the end of the eighth grade. He went into the ninth grade at Ravenwood H.S. when the school was open 3-1/2 years ago and without a football team. What did it get him? DI-5A Championship Ring! What did he loose out for not staying at BA? No DII-3A Championship Ring.

He may have a ring but he cannot claim to have been on a better team than BA, having lost a head to head match up.

The new top ten should be agreeable here. Let's see who argues about it even though it is pointless right now.

1. Ravenwood

2. Oak Ridge

3. Riverdale

4. Cookeville

5. Ridgeway

6. Franklin

7. Brentwood

8. Germantown

9. Ooltewah

10. Dobyns Bennet

Anybody agree?

Any top ten that does not include Farragut is totally bogus. Also, there is no way that Ooltewah, or Franklin should be ranked ahead of Farragut. I mean after all Farragut demolished Ooltewah twice last year and Franklin had something like 4 or 5 losses. Farragut deserves to be ranked somewhere between 6-8 in any after the season top 10 poll.

Hardly an upset, BA took it to Ravenwood just like most people expected.

I must not attended the same game. I remember a rain soak thunderstorm game at BA Field that was delayed for 1-1/2 hour in the middle of the game. Game ended very late with BA the winner. 20-14

Ravenwood got better as the season progress as most good coach teams do. I can't say anything else for BA as far as their season went.

Edited by rapbwood

Upsets happen all the time in football.

A program with an all-time winning percentage over 80%, and which is 19-0 all-time versus county rivals going into the game, beats a fellow county rival which is in its first game of only its third year of football, and that is deemed an upset?

I'm speechless on that one.

Edited by rollredroll

Hardly an upset, BA took it to Ravenwood just like most people expected.

Redtwin, please tell me you were NOT at the game. If you were at the game then you would know that BA did not TAKE it to Ravenwood. Ravenwood had 5-6 turnovers (all of which BA capitilized TD's out of) also Ravenwood had 10 penalties. BA did make the plays to beat the Raptors that night. So dont make this sound like it was a lopsided afair.