New Top Ten at season's end

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

I beg to differ. I'd say #1 this season was in DII, MUS.

We're not talking about the Memphis City Championships. :o :lol:Sep. 16 at

MUS only beat Baylor by 7. McCallie beat Baylor by 25 points.

The top D-1 2A program spanked McCallie by 10 and thats because Alcoas 2nd string was in. It was 35-19 at the half.

The II in D-II means 2nd rate.

You been drinking ro many margarita's.

Hush before we send the 1A champs over there to knock those Silver Spoons for a loop. :ph34r:

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

wait, wait... DII's second rate? I seem to remember a scrimmage early this year in which... oh yeah, MBA whipped Ravenwood. Who was that other team that beat Ravenwood? Oh yeah, BA. Who won the 5A title? OH YEAH! RAVENWOOD.

Good point, BA got lucky 7-0.

Hush or we will send Maryville and Alcoa over there.

That has no logic either. Riverdale beat MBA 42-0. Oak Ridge shutdown Riverdale 17-0 and Ravenwood beat Oak Ridge.

Yep, it's called football.

Go Tribe!

Let us all agree that this is a Class 5A ranking only, not Class 4, DII, or California South Champions. :rolleyes:

Start your own thread if you want to argue other teams.

And we can't get into so and so beat so and so so so and so is better. Point of reference: We can all agree to put UT's victory over LSU in perspective- and clearly not indicative of the ultimately better team.

wait, wait... DII's second rate? I seem to remember a scrimmage early this year in which... oh yeah, MBA whipped Ravenwood. Who was that other team that beat Ravenwood? Oh yeah, BA. Who won the 5A title? OH YEAH! RAVENWOOD.

Easy big guy....I was at that scrimmage....and it was just that...a scrimmage. Ravenwood uses scrimmages to try different lineups...kinda like most good (sorry..championship) teams do....the lineup at that scrimmage wasn't the regular season lineup....only about half of the starters were playing together. How'd MBA do this year anyway?

MARYVILLE would beat any team in Tennessee. No argue about that.

Maryville #1

Ravenwood #2

Alcoa #3

after that who knows, just my opinion. I just dont see MARYVILLE losing to anyone, A, AA, AAA, AAAAA, or D II

Its OK to be biased toward your hometown teams, maybe even expected, but you lose some credibility when you post the number 3 team as ALCOA, sorry but Maryville proved that the best 2A team could'nt compete with the top 4A team, much less the top 5 5A teams.