Region 6-5A 2006

ambiguousrock

I listed his name incorrectly. It says, on the Centennial roster, that Frashad BARLOW was a sophomore this year. It says so on the roster, both on the website and on the one I have.

Alright, its not big of deal but just for the record its wrong, the rosters are wrong. He will be a senior next year, trust me. Try talking to some Centennial folks and see. Alright end of subject.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you're saying there are kids from California that want to move here to play at Ravenwood?................why.............

Maybe they just like the school colors.....maybe they just want to play for a winner...or maybe their parents just want to live in the developments that make up the Ravenwood district...who knows

Let me share a Ravenwood thought.....underclassmen played in every position in nearly every game....the new QB did play in every game on defense and several games at QB....new TB ran the ball in every game but the last one...the only two positions open are a DE & a Guard.....lots of big game experience......and I understand that about a dozen kids from Southern Cal have expressed interest in being Raptors....we don't know what positions they play yet...if this team clicks next year....I think they'll be fun to watch

I dont care who plays qb next yr they will not be near as good as tc jennings and let me tell you he accounted for a lot of wins for you.

Considering that Columbia's only victories were against Spring Hill, Northeast, and Centennial; lost in their last game to an essentially JV squad (Independence), got drilled by 20 or more against everyone else, lost by thirty or more to the top three teams (which looks like a significant gap to try and reach the fourth spot), and had the only D-1 tailback in the region which is one of the reasons why you predicted they would either win the region or at least make the playoffs - yes, I would say that the Lions have a LONG way to go before they compete for the final playoff spot.

frashod barlow is a junior going to be a senior.

i know this because i played against him in freshman ball two years ago. and by two years i mean three seasons.

i think the independence-centennial game should be very close. the word should is being used because the season has just ended.

here's the way i see it. centennial has no quarterback. barlow is a decent back but he can be contained. the defense will still be tough, and drew kelly--freak of nature--will continue to be a force at defensive end. i see it being close.

ravenwood's underclass has never impressed me that much. well i take that back, some of them have, but not as a whole. cleckner is amazing, as is isaiah williams. cory laidlaw never gets a lot of pub but he's a solid running back. mike becker is a so-so passer...awesome scrambler though. experience definitely counts. joe thompson and luke stansfield are both rocks on the line.

ravenwood should be good next year. obviously they won't match this season's success, but it should be interesting.

region 6-5A always has a way of being a lot better than it looks on paper.

I think Chaz Scales matured at lot throughout the season. Imagine being a freshman, and playing against some of the best competition 5A has to offer. Towards the end of the season he was throwing the ball better and making smarter decisions. In two years this kid should be a leader. I know his dad; stand up guy. Chaz has the discipline to be a great quarterback.

Once again, I apologize for listing Barlow as a sophomore. Either way, he and Coffee both have a year of running under their belt.

I think as good as TC Jennings is, and he is veerry good, this theme that "it was all TC", and "if it wasn't for TC......" is overdone and an insult to a TEAM that FLAT GOT IT DONE, from the Coach to the third string. Ravenwood often controlled the line of scrimmage, played great at LB, and was obviously well coached. Teams like that don't fall down too far in one year.

I think as good as TC Jennings is, and he is veerry good, this theme that "it was all TC", and "if it wasn't for TC......" is overdone and an insult to a TEAM that FLAT GOT IT DONE, from the Coach to the third string. Ravenwood often controlled the line of scrimmage, played great at LB, and was obviously well coached. Teams like that don't fall down too far in one year.

I agree that the championship run this year by the Raptors was a total team effort. However, it was an effort by a team of seniors that have been playing varsity for 3 years straight. That is not a normal circumstance. I'm not saying juniors didn't get playing time, but they'll have a tough time adjusting to starting against the best competition in 5A.

I dont care who plays qb next yr they will not be near as good as tc jennings and let me tell you he accounted for a lot of wins for you.

I wouldn't assume that...TC is a terrific QB...granted he made a lot of big plays...he also made a lot of bonehead plays.....he plays best when he's just a little out of control...Becker will be a very different QB...and plays very much in control...runs well...good arm....and a sophmore.....it'll be fun to watch

frashod barlow is a junior going to be a senior.

i know this because i played against him in freshman ball two years ago. and by two years i mean three seasons.

i think the independence-centennial game should be very close. the word should is being used because the season has just ended.

here's the way i see it. centennial has no quarterback. barlow is a decent back but he can be contained. the defense will still be tough, and drew kelly--freak of nature--will continue to be a force at defensive end. i see it being close.

ravenwood's underclass has never impressed me that much. well i take that back, some of them have, but not as a whole. cleckner is amazing, as is isaiah williams. cory laidlaw never gets a lot of pub but he's a solid running back. mike becker is a so-so passer...awesome scrambler though. experience definitely counts. joe thompson and luke stansfield are both rocks on the line.

ravenwood should be good next year. obviously they won't match this season's success, but it should be interesting.

region 6-5A always has a way of being a lot better than it looks on paper.

I agree with most of what you said...they actually have 3 starting OL back...Thompson #68...Snoeyenbos#60...and Witherspoon #74......Luke did see some playing time this past year and will be in the mix either at OL or DL..next year...we'll know after spring how well they click.....

I agree that the championship run this year by the Raptors was a total team effort. However, it was an effort by a team of seniors that have been playing varsity for 3 years straight. That is not a normal circumstance. I'm not saying juniors didn't get playing time, but they'll have a tough time adjusting to starting against the best competition in 5A.

Easy big guy...take a closer look....half of their starting lineup was juniors and 2 10th graders.....and next year will be their 3rd year together