how bout them cosby eagles

cosbyeagle40

I Cant believe people even think it would be a game.Cosby vs Cocke Co.give me a break.Who in the world would guard Timmy,Dexter,Todd, or even Kelvin.No joke 1 game at Cocke Co and 1 game at Cosby would be great.You know how much MONEY would be made at the gates.Thats what its all about :thumb:.Good win tonite by the way :lol:.Ive never seen 2 schools hate each other so bad,but its sort of fun.Well good luck the rest of the year in the IMAC.We are 2-0 in it lol.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People act like Cosby and Cocke Co are two diff parts of the world.We grew up together and some pick Cosby and some pick Cocke co.Its just that all the Good players pick Cosby or the Ones that Didnt know the right people and didnt get to play down there.I agree its a great school to be in the band or play soccer or some thing of that nature.Put it this way.why go to Cocke Co and lose when You can come to cosby and WIN.20 years down the road people remember a winner not a loser,if they are that good and want a HUGE scholorship go to Oak Hill or some where.But to be part of something special Come to Cosby its a great experience,trust me.

who played for CCHS in 87,97,98,99,00?

who played for Cosby in 87,97,98,99,00? Ask your DAD he will know.

Here's the CCHS/West Box

1 2 3 4

West (57) 13 19 11 14

CCHS (67) 21 14 14 18

Rebounds Turnovers

West – 30 West - 13

CCHS – 35 CCHS – 17

West (57)

Dustin Guthrie 24 (10-19, 2-2)

Darius Ewing 12 (5-12, 2-3)

Dustin Fanney 7 (3-7, 0-1)

Andrew Winstead 4 (2-11, x-x)

Jamere Hogue 4 (2-10, 0-2)

Edgar Gray 3 (1-1, 1-2)

Jeremy Killion 3 (1-8, x-x)

Nick King 0 (0-2, x-x)

3-PT FG GAME 4-19 (21%)

2-PT FG GAME 20-51 (39.2%)

FT GAME 5-10 (50%)

FG GAME 24-70 (34.2%)

3-PT FGS (4) – Guthrie (2), Fanney (1), Killion (1)

CCHS (67)

Nick Glenn 23 (8-12, 4-6) 4 RBS

Joel Pasternak 14 (7-10, 0-2) 6 RBS

Terrence Carmichael 11 (3-9, 4-6) 2 RBS

Travis Kelley 8 (3-10, 1-3) 12 RBS

Blaine Hartsell 7 (2-4, 3-4) 5 RBS

Joe McGaha 3 (1-3, x-x)

Michael Whitehead 0 (0-2, x-x)

Kyle Birdsell 0 (0-1, x-x) 6 RBS

3-PT FG GAME 4-11 (36.4%)

2-PT FG GAME 16-39 (41.1%)

FT GAME 12-21 (57.1%)

FG GAME 20-50 (40%)

3-PT FGS (4) – Glenn (2), McGaha (1), Carmichael (1)

Edited by PTSportsWriter

People act like Cosby and Cocke Co are two diff parts of the world.We grew up together and some pick Cosby and some pick Cocke co.Its just that all the Good players pick Cosby or the Ones that Didnt know the right people and didnt get to play down there.I agree its a great school to be in the band or play soccer or some thing of that nature.Put it this way.why go to Cocke Co and lose when You can come to cosby and WIN.20 years down the road people remember a winner not a loser,if they are that good and want a HUGE scholorship go to Oak Hill or some where.But to be part of something special Come to Cosby its a great experience,trust me.

who played for CCHS in 87,97,98,99,00?

who played for Cosby in 87,97,98,99,00? Ask your DAD he will know.

20 years down the road only people from Cosby will remember the winning seasons because you guys have never won anything else. Getting to play against both teams in the past i can easily say that Cocke County had better players neither team ever beat us and yes it was THE BEARS. I bet even people from newport can remember Sevier County's State Championship season in football and Girls basketball. All this Calleb guy is saying is stop living in the past just because cosby has had a couple of good teams in the past doesn't mean that it will always be that way. Next year Cocke County will be the better team they have too many young guys getting meaningful playing time and not in trash time. cosby is losing one of their best ever players in Blakley and losing key role players and also their leading scorer. Tell me that you #30 is as good as #20 from the CCHS and none of your J.V. players coming up will be able to handle the size of the Kelley kid. Plus you lost the best coach you ever had in Flatford please tell me who was better than him. And the blonde bomber ballhog that is a junior you guys will be better off without him next year Cosby by 15-20 this year next year CCHS by 20-25. Sevier County would beat you both this year and probably next the run is over cosby who coming up for you guys can play no one! talk trash when you are actually on the court helping your team win instead of praying for a blowout to get playing time. Using politics as an excuse for better players getting to play ahead of you is just pathetic by the way, transfer to the weak single A so you can play then and just shut up and don't whine.

20 years down the road only people from Cosby will remember the winning seasons because you guys have never won anything else. Getting to play against both teams in the past i can easily say that Cocke County had better players neither team ever beat us and yes it was THE BEARS. I bet even people from newport can remember Sevier County's State Championship season in football and Girls basketball. All this Calleb guy is saying is stop living in the past just because cosby has had a couple of good teams in the past doesn't mean that it will always be that way. Next year Cocke County will be the better team they have too many young guys getting meaningful playing time and not in trash time. cosby is losing one of their best ever players in Blakley and losing key role players and also their leading scorer. Tell me that you #30 is as good as #20 from the CCHS and none of your J.V. players coming up will be able to handle the size of the Kelley kid. Plus you lost the best coach you ever had in Flatford please tell me who was better than him. And the blonde bomber ballhog that is a junior you guys will be better off without him next year Cosby by 15-20 this year next year CCHS by 20-25. Sevier County would beat you both this year and probably next the run is over cosby who coming up for you guys can play no one! talk trash when you are actually on the court helping your team win instead of praying for a blowout to get playing time. Using politics as an excuse for better players getting to play ahead of you is just pathetic by the way, transfer to the weak single A so you can play then and just shut up and don't whine.

you must be either very young or have a poor memory to say that cosby has had a couple of good seasons. Cosby mens baskeyball has won twenty games plus in every season since the early 80's . when was the last time your mens team won 20 games in one season? you guys in sevier county are like UT 9 out of 10 seasons your girls would beat your guys :thumb: ( I don't really believe that by the way just making a point) I agree Flatford is an outstanding coach who will be missed but with the winning tradition we have in cosby we will continue to be successful for years to come. I also agree that this years team will be hard to match next year but we wont be as bad as you seem to think. our best shooter is a Jr. our best defensive guard is a Jr. and we have three solid post players who are Soph's and a Jr. and several young role players.

what is going to happen when this years freshmen will be seniors. they will fit right in there with greenback and midway and TSD. i just dont see anybody good that plays elementary ball at cosby smoky mt or grassy. Cosby has nobody coming up. the future dont look good for cosby. Spencer Grooms is the probably wont even be playing by then.(he aint no good anyway) Jonathan Manning and Trenton Dunn are decent. Who else? i really cant think of anybody. give them about 10 more years and they will be back on top. oh yeah Cosby has about 20 cake games on their schedule every year. i admit they do play a good team here and there but you know and everybody from Cosby knows that 3/4 of there games they win by 20+

I want all of you Cosby fans to come down and see how good CCHS is playing. they play Pigeon Forge this Monday. the team Cosby cant beat. it is going to be a good game.

Cosby will get some transfers, the tradition alone will draw a player or 2 in. In the past it always seemed that the cosby players made alot of improvements, its just a basketball school and thats what the kids love to do there. In the past if you really loved the game you wanted to play at Cosby so you transfered.

Yes, again CCHS is improving ,next year will be a better year for sure. Maybe now CCHS will be able to keep some of the talent. Sorry caleb1137821 not picking on you but alot of the people that are going to the Cosby games aren't Cosby fans they are just basketball fans, and thats the best place right now to see good basketball.

Edited by jmpshtr101

is 1A basketball really good basketball? it is sad because people do like to see Cosby play more than cocke County. cosbys style of basketball is to jack threes. people like to see that. cchs is more disciplined. Joe McGaha can probably shoot just as good anybody on cosbys team but you dont see him shootin 10 threes a game. i dont see how anybody could enjoy watching cosby beat up on teams like Gibbs Greenback North Greene Midway TSD Grace christian Wasburn.

it is sad but people really do think that is good basketball. i would rather see Cosby get beat 30 by a team that actually plays basketball than see Cosby win by 30 on a team that has no basketball skills.

No way possible Joe can come close to shooting as well anyone in Cosby's starting 5 ,you are assuming i'm someone who doesn't know these players from both schools Joe isn't bad(anyone can play H.O.R.S.E. and shoot well) but he can't even come close to shooting like Dexter , Kelvin ,or even your friend Todd. Again that disipline you speak of has translated to 3 wins as opposed to 13 for cosby, that shows disipline for cosby, like one of the players said they've showed that disipline in beating 2 IMAC teams. I don't care what classification you are in 13-1 is a good record,CCHS had played their share of "scrub teams" and haven't took advantage of it. Cosby has taken advantage in drubbing the "cupcakes they've played therefore a better disiplined team, thats what happens when you have expierenced seniors like cosby. CCHS is young and improving. Don't say its bad basketball it is proven, it has given Cosby about 20 straight years of 20 win seasons. Why can't you just be a fan of the game and enjoy the success of a team that is from the same county? I have heard nothing negative from the cosby players i know about CCHS the only time they've started is when they have been provoked just be happy for your neighbor for being successful. Like in the state tournament the middleton fans and bolivar fans hate each other when they play against each other in the regular season, but at the "boro" many middleton people had bolivar shirts on underneath their middleton shirts so they could stay and cheer for bolivar. Its good to have rivalry but you need to have respect ! Respect others and they will respect you too.

Edited by jmpshtr101

well i guess its my turn to get in on this. i have been reading your commints to see just where this is going. i'll start with the disipline factor. i have never been around or never seen where there has never been a disipline problem in any sports program. some may be major or small but there always there. especially this day and time, and in this county. cocke county vs. cosby WHO CARES!!!!! i'll tell you who care the the ones who are jealous of the team winning and the and the winning team who wants to prove there better,, whomever it is at the time. i would like to see both programs be sucssessful. as for which program will be better down the road who knows. all programs have years they struggle its called rebuilding. the reason cosby has had such a streak is that kids come to cosby to win because they win.. it's not an option to do anything else. if your right about cchs not wanting to lose thats good. that is what evans needs to do. he needs to instill that attitude that winning is the only option so that when they do lose it makes them hungry to get that next team on the court. you say cosby want have a team worth anything with no talent coming in. how do you know there is no talent coming. you did not mention edgmont ( blakley and dexter) parotsville ( rone) and the countless others from the past from those schools as well as del rio bridgeport ect. why does everyone think that you have to just go to schools in the cosby area to play here.

noone wants to lose thats why they either work hard to win or quit. one thing about cosby the ones on the court and field here dont quit. winnings not always about talent, a persons will to win playes a big part in winning. as for who cosby plays come on. yes we play some teams that struggle so does everybody and they play some tough ones as well. cchs had 1200 students cosby 420. wow cchs should have more talent to pick from whats the problem there. come on guys it single A and AAA. when you look at the numbers bigger schools should win, but thats not always the case is it. cosby went and beat cherokkee does that mean they can beat greenville, science hill ect. who knows. has cchs lost to a smaller sschool than them have they beat a larger school. i dont know. ANY GIVEN NIGHT ANY GIVEN TEAM WINS OR LOSES!!!!!!!!!! its all about what your doing to WIN that matters.

You don't know when to shut up do you kid...??? Seems like you have repeated yourself numerous times on the same 'ol topic.... It's time to move on... Until CCHS wins more games than 3 or 4, you aren't going to get any respect from the coacht crowd. The attitude of the Newport community tells the story. I have friends in Newport who have kids that play sports at CCHS. The response I got from more than one of them is that they are always apologizing to their kid(s) for having to play at CCHS, and wished they could get their kid(s) out of there, that the program is going nowhere. A few of them have been lucky enough to transfer somewhere else, either Cosby, or elsewhere, but most of them can't just up and move.

Until the Newport community gets back behind the program both physically and financially, it is going nowhere. Look at the baseball program. 14 kids the last two years, then you lose your coach. The parents have to take time from work to drive the kids to the games cause you can't afford to take a bus. I went to a few CCHS football games this past season. Most of the time the visiting team had more fans than CCHS did. I noticed it was the same for baseball last year when I came over and watched. And from what I have heard, the attendance at the basketball games this season hasn't been too impressive either.

Maybe you should spend your spare time on going through the town of Newport and spreading all the "news of a newly inspired team" to the community and get the fire for CCHS athletics going again like the people of Cosby has done.

good point guest user i understand everything you have said. i am from around here and have seen the cchs athletic program pretty mush die. the athletic programs need some coaches that can reencarnate there programs. i think boys basketball may be doing that. wade wester is a friend of mine and he has the abillity to just do that and i hope he does. i dont know that much about evan's coaching style. i think baseball will struggle unless the kid with no experiance they hired surprises me. now the football program has the opportunity to go out and do the right thing and get a coach thats experianced and GIVE HIM CONTROL.

you want to know hows fault it is. go look around. its the coaches, parents, administration , and communities fault. everyone is at fault because do your coaches go to coaching clinics to get new ideas and stratagies? coaches can make a differance. cosby has around 30 guys working out not including 6 on the basketball team for football. it can be done. i also agree with the fact that alot of athlets are not self-motivated. that is a struggle for coaches but you cant give up on it. i disagree that a good coach could not coach at cchs that is what they need and at the same time are you saying that the ones there are no good.