how bout them cosby eagles

cosbyeagle40

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is 1A basketball really good basketball? it is sad because people do like to see Cosby play more than cocke County. cosbys style of basketball is to jack threes. people like to see that. cchs is more disciplined. Joe McGaha can probably shoot just as good anybody on cosbys team but you dont see him shootin 10 threes a game. i dont see how anybody could enjoy watching cosby beat up on teams like Gibbs Greenback North Greene Midway TSD Grace christian Wasburn.

it is sad but people really do think that is good basketball. i would rather see Cosby get beat 30 by a team that actually plays basketball than see Cosby win by 30 on a team that has no basketball skills.

if somebody really loved basketball they would play for anybody.

It must be a lot of other people besides the ones in Cocke County that think this is good basketball. #1 ranking in the state of TN says it all.

As far as playing weak teams, seems like CCHS had a hard time beating West Greene (only by 5 points), considering West Greene had a 41 game losing streak when CCHS barely beat them. It's pretty bad when a AAA team has to play A teams to get numbers in the win column. Much unlike Cosby who is A and plays AAA teams and win.

So now you are saying that a W is a W, since CCHS is beating a lower classification team, but a W is not a W when Cosby beats TSD. That is a double standard. At least Cosby & TSD are both single A.

Besides, this is a Cosby thread. If you want to keep bragging on your fightin cocks you need to build your own thread. See how many replies you get from the CCHS faithful there, cause I dont see anyone pleading your case here.

as i said a win is a win and a loss is a loss. it doesnt matter if they lost in overtime. all that matters is they lost. cocke county can match up the intensity. the reasons they won their last two games was because they was intense.

you better shut up. i dont wont to prove you wrong like i did last time.

Morristown West will kill cocke county. darius ewing would truck travis Kelley.

Shut up??? Oh we are talking big now aren't we, Caleb Whaley? Prove me wrong on what? So, you beat M'town West...big deal. Travis Kelley scored 10 pts. Big deal. Being 6'4", he should be scoring 20 a game, since he is such the great player as you say he is. CCHS is still at the bottom of the IMAC and you still aren't good enough to play on the team, even if you do say you could have made the team. What, daddy gonna pull some strings for you like your freshman year? All you have done is get on this post and whine & cry about how good Cosby is and how much recognition they are getting.

Maybe you can prove me wrong againg. The winning streak will end tonight. South Greene will run away with the win. Kyle Donahue will beat you by himself.

Congrats to Nick. He is doing well. A talented athlete who doesn't act like a hot shot, or run his mouth like most.

After seeing the polls and seeing who voted - I doubt the #1 ranking will hold up for Cosby.

Those polls really are subject to a lot of crap anyways. Cosby had 60 total points and one first place vote. 2nd place (Culleoka and Temple - who along with Middleton are probably the best teams in A ball) had 56 points, which means that they got voted high on the six ballots that were submitted.

Cosby probably benefited from an "East Tennessee bias" (JC, Kingsport and Morristown) to get the ranking and I'm sure most voters just saw the record - or used the w/l rankings here on CoachT (since the AP advisory suggested we do so) because outside of those three publications the rest were West TN.

Those polls are fun, but I've never put a lot of credence into them.

As for Cocke County, anyone who says they aren't playing with intensity hasn't been around the last two nights.

They'll play with South Greene (They're just one spot above Pigeon Forge in the CoachT Strength+Success ratings), and they'll likely play well against the rest of their IMAC schedule. If they play like they have, everyone of those games (as well as everyone of the games on their schedule) are winnable.

CCHS was just a few plays here and there of knocking off Jefferson County and Cherokee the first time around. CCHS played with Greeneville at their place; until a string of 4 consecutive turnovers let Greeneville pull away.

as i said a win is a win and a loss is a loss. it doesnt matter if they lost in overtime. all that matters is they lost. cocke county can match up the intensity. the reasons they won their last two games was because they was intense.

you better shut up. i dont wont to prove you wrong like i did last time.

Morristown West will kill cocke county. darius ewing would truck travis Kelley.

I haven't seen you prove anyone wrong yet! I've seen you back track and apologize after beeing proved wrong! All you have done is repeat things that doesn't make any sense, anyone can go around posting cliche remarks that doesn't mean you know anything about the game! I'm glad CCHS won but you are taking things too far, telling people to shut up and talking trash. YOU HAVEN'T EARNED THE RIGHT TO TALK TRASH!!

1. MAKE THE TEAM FIRST IF A CCHS PLAYER WANTS TO TALK TRASH FINE, WE DON'T NEED THE STAT KEEPER RUNNING HIS MOUTH!

2. YOUR TEAM IS 4-10 THATS 6 GAMES BEHIND .500 START TALKING WHEN THEY REACH 10-10 WHICH WILL NOT HAPPEN!.

3.GREENDEVILMOM HAS FORGOTTEN MORE ABOUT BASKETBALL THAN YOU WILL EVER LEARN, SHE (i'm pretty sure i know who you are DEVIL) HAS PLAYED AT EVERY LEVEL OTHER THAT THE WNBA AND HAS STUDIED THE GAME !

Nobody had anything negative to say about CCHS they were supporting Cosby you had to get in a Cosby post acting like a immature brat. If you want to support and defend your team thats great. Do it in a Different forum. I've tried to back you a little on the point that CCHS is an improving team but your attitude isn't going to make people notice it , its just gonna get people to log on just to bash you! Grow up you are just jealous and it is so apparent in everyting you post.

P.S. the streak ends tonight!

Why should we make a deal with someone who has apologized and changed his opinion on this forum more than a baby's diaper has to be changed?

Just like jmpshtr101 said... haven't seen you prove anyone wrong yet! I've seen you back track and apologize after beeing proved wrong! All you have done is repeat things that doesn't make any sense, anyone can go around posting cliche remarks, that doesn't mean you know anything about the game!

quote... (caleb) there will be more people at our games...It's pretty bad when the community has to jump on the band wagon after 2 wins in order to support the team. Should be behind them win or lose.

Getting angry??? Na, just stating the truth that you can't seem to handle. Maybe CCHS is getting better, I don't know, have bigger and better teams to watch. But, we will find out come tourney time, which, by the way is at Greeneville, home of the Greene Devils!!! I may feel sorry for having to traveling back and forth and let you sleep out in the garage.

quote..(jmpshtr101) GREENDEVILMOM HAS FORGOTTEN MORE ABOUT BASKETBALL THAN YOU WILL EVER LEARN, SHE HAS PLAYED AT EVERY LEVEL OTHER THAN THE WNBA AND HAS STUDIED THE GAME ! Thank you jmpshtr101..

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM

sounds to me that greenedevil mom is getting a little angry. still upset because you were wrong about the mo west game. and now you are trying to attack me. i havent seen south greene play but it sounds like donahue is all they got. im sorry but it is going to have to be a team effort to beat cocke county right now. cocke county is playing with confidence. there will be more people at our games. it always helps to have a crowd that gets into the ball game. they might not be able to win the imac this year but the next two years are looking better and better.

South Greene is 11-3 on the year

Beat Boone and Sevier County, and barely lost to Greeneville (before GHS got the transfer), and barely beaten Cloudland and Johnson County in their last two games.

The game is winnable for Cocke County, no doubt.

Just because they have Donahue shouldn't be anything to scare them. Cocke County split with South Greene last year with Sauceman and Donahue. Lost in OT @ South Greene and won around a 10-point decision in Newport.

quote...(caleb) i dont expect for cocke county to win out. they played 3 games in a row without pratice.

You just lost what LITTLE credibility you had on this website. Fist you brag about how CCHS is going to beat SG, talking all big cause they had a 2 game winning streak. Then when they lose you make the above comment, and then make excuses for the loss. True winners win games, not make excuses for losing them.

At least Cosby has a post for it's supporters. More then I can say about CCHS. It's pretty bad to have a post on the football side about the hiring of a coach, but none in the basketball side supporting a 2 game winning streak.

All the Cosby fans arent posting probably because they are tired of your crap. Going on and on about nothing relevant.

A 15-1 record says it all for them.

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM