Best Bball Week in the NET

Bristol Bubba

This Friday begins the best week of bball in the NET. On Friday South and Science Hill collide to fight for sole possession of #2 in the Big Nine. But the real stuff starts on Monday, with Dobyns Bennet traveling to Bristol to battle the Vikings in a big rivalry game. Tuesday Sullivan South and Central clash in another big rivalry game, Central has something to prove after losing to Science Hill and the Tribe. But the most anticipated game in the Big 9 is the showdown on Friday between the Toppers and the Vikings in Viking Hall. Last time these two faced off the Vikings won the Regional Championship in OT over the Toppers. Who will win, what will the Big 9 look like going into the Classic?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Friday begins the best week of bball in the NET. On Friday South and Science Hill collide to fight for sole possession of #2 in the Big Nine. But the real stuff starts on Monday, with Dobyns Bennet traveling to Bristol to battle the Vikings in a big rivalry game. Tuesday Sullivan South and Central clash in another big rivalry game, Central has something to prove after losing to Science Hill and the Tribe. But the most anticipated game in the Big 9 is the showdown on Friday between the Toppers and the Vikings in Viking Hall. Last time these two faced off the Vikings won the Regional Championship in OT over the Toppers. Who will win, what will the Big 9 look like going into the Classic?

The toppers will beat Ths pretty bad. Although Tennessee High has two returning starters, they still lost 3 or 4 seniors that were very productive to that Viking team that went to state last year. Tyler Harmon is the biggest asset to the Vikings, but he doesnt make the whole team, therefore i see Toppers taking this one by atleast 20 because they only lost a few players and the toppers played everyone last year so they have way more experience.

The toppers will beat Ths pretty bad. Although Tennessee High has two returning starters, they still lost 3 or 4 seniors that were very productive to that Viking team that went to state last year. Tyler Harmon is the biggest asset to the Vikings, but he doesnt make the whole team, therefore i see Toppers taking this one by atleast 20 because they only lost a few players and the toppers played everyone last year so they have way more experience.

:P The only significant lost for the Vikings would by Brian Terrel and MAYBE Evan Dod (spelling).

Keep talking … I’ve just about figured out who you are! My guess is that you were one of the fixtures on THS’s bench last year. You know one of those players that look forward to senior night so they can finally get in the game before the closing seconds of the fourth quarter!!! :D:D am i close????

:) The only significant lost for the Vikings would by Brian Terrel and MAYBE Evan Dod (spelling).

Keep talking … I’ve just about figured out who you are! My guess is that you were one of the fixtures on THS’s bench last year. You know one of those players that look forward to senior night so they can finally get in the game before the closing seconds of the fourth quarter!!! :thumb::) am i close????

Yeah i think you got me since there was only one of those. Just kidding But keep guessing. THS lost 3 STARTERS. Those starters put them in the state tournament. Burns didnt even play the bench, therefore science hill has more experience and will take this game. I wasnt being critical anyway i was just stating facts. DeShaud and Tyler Harmon have to carry the team this year and Harmon is doing a pretty good job from what i have seen against South, but Deshaud still has a lot more to prove. So far he is no better than last year unless he is actually distributing the ball. Maybe Witcher took some notes from the South game and saw how good they were without him because the ball was distributed more.

Edited by USCtrojanman

Yeah i think you got me since there was only one of those. Just kidding But keep guessing. THS lost 3 STARTERS. Those starters put them in the state tournament. Burns didnt even play the bench, therefore science hill has more experience and will take this game. I wasnt being critical anyway i was just stating facts. DeShaud and Tyler Harmon have to carry the team this year and Harmon is doing a pretty good job from what i have seen against South, but Deshaud still has a lot more to prove. So far he is no better than last year unless he is actually distributing the ball. Maybe Witcher took some notes from the South game and saw how good they were without him because the ball was distributed more.

We lost 3 starters, Chris Perrigan, Evan Dodd, and Brian Terrell...Terrell is the one we have had most difficulty replacing...but i think tyler harmon has stepped in and made 10 fold progress, throwing up 27 against south, 30 against east...check my facts but he may be the leading scorer in conference play...he also scored 13 on Wayne Chism of Bolivar, which is not too shabbhy when he is giving up 5 inches...he is playing like a madman, and is showing no signs of being stopped or letting up...

to spell tyler, DeShaud HAS been distributing the ball more, which has opened up new doors to the offense...as we are becoming more unselfish, our offense is growing....when they collapse on goose, we have been kicknig it out and shooting the ball extremely well from the peremiter...Eric Snapp, Tyler Harrison, and DeShaud have all been knocking down threes...

What we are lacking in size is made up with hardwork and determination this summer and this fall, getting in shape and pushing a little more tempo...this isnt last years team, it is completely different, and we are not living in the past, we are looking towards the future...

We lost 3 starters, Chris Perrigan, Evan Dodd, and Brian Terrell...Terrell is the one we have had most difficulty replacing...but i think tyler harmon has stepped in and made 10 fold progress, throwing up 27 against south, 30 against east...check my facts but he may be the leading scorer in conference play...he also scored 13 on Wayne Chism of Bolivar, which is not too shabbhy when he is giving up 5 inches...he is playing like a madman, and is showing no signs of being stopped or letting up...

to spell tyler, DeShaud HAS been distributing the ball more, which has opened up new doors to the offense...as we are becoming more unselfish, our offense is growing....when they collapse on goose, we have been kicknig it out and shooting the ball extremely well from the peremiter...Eric Snapp, Tyler Harrison, and DeShaud have all been knocking down threes...

What we are lacking in size is made up with hardwork and determination this summer and this fall, getting in shape and pushing a little more tempo...this isnt last years team, it is completely different, and we are not living in the past, we are looking towards the future...

Other than Tyler Harmon and DeShaud, who else is a starter? Harmon is lighting it up from what i have heard, but im sure he would have done just as good last year had he gotten the ball more.

Anyone who predicts the Toppers to win by 20 is obviously not aware of the high level of competition in the Big 9. The Toppers are good, and as usual, Vikings v. Toppers will be a fantastic game. But the Vikings are better than you think. Goose Harmon is without a doubt one of the top players in the league, and he and Shaud were both All-Region last year. But THS has a whole cast of experienced players who have been with Witcher for 3&4 years now. So to claim THS has no one with experience is incorrect. The Vikings will have a big week next week, make sure to catch the South-Science Hill score tonight. That will be a good indicator of things to come.

Edited by Bristol Bubba

Anyone who predicts the Toppers to win by 20 is obviously not aware of the high level of competition in the Big 9. The Toppers are good, and as usual, Vikings v. Toppers will be a fantastic game. But the Vikings are better than you think. Goose Harmon is without a doubt one of the top players in the league, and he and Shaud were both All-Region last year. But THS has a whole cast of experienced players who have been with Witcher for 3&4 years now. So to claim THS has no one with experience is incorrect. The Vikings will have a big week next week, make sure to catch the South-Science Hill score tonight. That will be a good indicator of things to come.

I just meant experience in the big games. Like Science Hill has done every year. They have played everyone. Often last year i saw them sub 5 in at a time. Thats all i meant by experience. I' m sure they can all play, but i dont believe they have the experience in that big game to put them over Science Hill. They might want to worry about DB first because from what ive heard that Sensabough kid or however his name is spelled, is putting up numbers.

I saw Science Hill’s coaches at the game that the Vikings played Tuesday night against Daniel Boone so they obviously know they have a tough one coming up next Friday. When Witcher puts in the line up with Carlton Bell and Mike Bunche the Viking press resembles that tenacious press the Hill traditionally use against their opponents. It’s an exciting thing to watch!

I just meant experience in the big games. Like Science Hill has done every year. They have played everyone. Often last year i saw them sub 5 in at a time. Thats all i meant by experience. I' m sure they can all play, but i dont believe they have the experience in that big game to put them over Science Hill. They might want to worry about DB first because from what ive heard that Sensabough kid or however his name is spelled, is putting up numbers.

The Vikings have a seaoned veteran who transferred to play for Witcher in Mike Bunche, and I personally think the championship game in the Bahamas tourney to be a big game. But for me, the Vikings really impressed me at South, when Witcher made an unprecedented move at THS suspending three top players from playing, and with only eight available players come out with a win. Remember this is the same Sullivan South team that was pre-season pick to win the Big 9. Three of these eight are juniors, a sophomore, and besides Goose, the other 3 seniors who played are at the top of their game right now. You are right D-B is not a team to look past, and they are capable of beating the Vikings if they do, but this THS team is just as good as the Elite Eight team they had last year. I hope you can make it to Viking Hall next Friday, it should be a great game.