WAY TO GO OAKLAND!

2priceless

oakland wrestles the same 4 teams all year long. What can you expect. Look at the other teams in the county. I myself being a smyrna high graduate/wrestler know that no one in rutherford county, but smyrna is able to actually do something as team in this neck of the woods. So yall pat yourselves on the back for beating siegel, but siegel is getting better. But come on guys are these two teams really something to argue about ? If they wrestled teams like soddy overton brentwood and teams that are actually worth something then maybe yall could pat yourselves on the back.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look Smyrna boy, your school got to add on kids instead of being broken apart by adding the new High school thaT WAS ALREADY IN THE PLANNING STAGES. The SUPERINTENDENT fought TOOTH AND NAIL TO GET THE ADDITIONS TO LAVERGNE AND SMYRNA TO MAKE THEM HAVE 2000 KIDS. This was done by the SMYRNA power that is in the superintendent chair that has a son at SMYRNA. You see all the growth in that area? The Lavergne addition that was JUST completed is to the max already. The new HS was def needed......not additions to the existing HS's there. There is an elementary school there with 22 portables. Look at all the new Middle schools that have been added in that area. To even an outsider, one can see that the superintendent made the WRONG choice, and that was done solely to attempt to make SMYRNA a powerhouse like the previous superintendent did for RIVERDALE. He has granted a ridiculous amount of zone exemptions to your school. DANG....you should be setting the stage to win state in every sport.

We got DEMOLISHED at Oakland when Siegel was built. I won't bore you with the dirty politics but look at the enrollment figures and you will see that OHS is tied for the SMALLEST 5A high school in the state. It is smaller that any HS in Rutherford County, and its so-called OVERFLOW school, Siegel, had MORE students at its opening day than we have had in the last THREE yrs.

SO.....bottom line is that the powers that be did all they could to try to ruin this school....we have the largest free lunch population of any school, and the smallmest enrollment, thus making things like fundraiser increasingly difficult. In fact we have more ESL kids than Siegel, Riverdale, and Blackman COMBINED. Yet when YOUR superintendent was asked to look into leveling this off......he pushes it under the table.

So we lost kids right and left to other campuses oon ZONE exemptions. When anyone tried to come to OHS on a ZONE exemption, they are DENIED. We are being beaten by OTHER area schools with kids that BELONGED to us.

THEREFORE, we have been struggling at OHS to get our ship righted with the LOYAL coaches that we have left and the the LOYAL athletes that we have. Our kids may not have a lot of funding for what we want to do....such as TRAVEL to other schools to compete.....but we have something that is far greater....and that is PRIDE. We haven't lost that. YOU can't take that away from us no matter how hard that you try. We will keep clawing our way back.

So you keep on with your SUPERIOR attitude and try to beat us down. I think you have a wonderful wrestling program at Smyrna with an enthusiastic coach . Don't cheapen your program and what it has accomplished by making fun of ours. You can ask your COACH if I have ever gotten on here and trashed your wrestling program......go ahead and ask him. My old user ID was region4fan. ASK HIM. he knows that I never have.

No matter what you say and try to degrade us....I will stand firm in my support for Oakland High athletics. I am proud of Coach Richie and the wrestlers at Oakland. They are bringing this program back to winning ways. The bottom line is that we have MORE gold balls in several MAJOR sports than anyone in this county. AND....we are planning to add to our trophy case. :lol:

The bottom line is that , you still can't beat Oakland. Make whatever excuses you can come up with......but you only scored 18 pts and were 0-5 in the Rutherford County Duals.

You can carry on and brag til the cows come home in other threads, but NOT ON HERE.

Quit whining, Dust and simply PRACTICE more.

maybe ill just stivk to the basketball thread where we always win and you can stay here where its the only sport you can beat us in

My PLUS membership entitles me to post on any forum that I choose as long as I follow the rules and regs set up by this site's administration. EAT my dust.

I am hearing that Kaelin Griffith and Evan Ferguson are both still on the injured list. It appears that Ferguson may be out a good while. Fellows, do what your Dr tells you to......we need you to be 100%.

Look Smyrna boy, your school got to add on kids instead of being broken apart by adding the new High school thaT WAS ALREADY IN THE PLANNING STAGES. The SUPERINTENDENT fought TOOTH AND NAIL TO GET THE ADDITIONS TO LAVERGNE AND SMYRNA TO MAKE THEM HAVE 2000 KIDS. This was done by the SMYRNA power that is in the superintendent chair that has a son at SMYRNA. You see all the growth in that area? The Lavergne addition that was JUST completed is to the max already. The new HS was def needed......not additions to the existing HS's there. There is an elementary school there with 22 portables. Look at all the new Middle schools that have been added in that area. To even an outsider, one can see that the superintendent made the WRONG choice, and that was done solely to attempt to make SMYRNA a powerhouse like the previous superintendent did for RIVERDALE. He has granted a ridiculous amount of zone exemptions to your school. DANG....you should be setting the stage to win state in every sport.

We got DEMOLISHED at Oakland when Siegel was built. I won't bore you with the dirty politics but look at the enrollment figures and you will see that OHS is tied for the SMALLEST 5A high school in the state. It is smaller that any HS in Rutherford County, and its so-called OVERFLOW school, Siegel, had MORE students at its opening day than we have had in the last THREE yrs.

SO.....bottom line is that the powers that be did all they could to try to ruin this school....we have the largest free lunch population of any school, and the smallmest enrollment, thus making things like fundraiser increasingly difficult. In fact we have more ESL kids than Siegel, Riverdale, and Blackman COMBINED. Yet when YOUR superintendent was asked to look into leveling this off......he pushes it under the table.

So we lost kids right and left to other campuses oon ZONE exemptions. When anyone tried to come to OHS on a ZONE exemption, they are DENIED. We are being beaten by OTHER area schools with kids that BELONGED to us.

THEREFORE, we have been struggling at OHS to get our ship righted with the LOYAL coaches that we have left and the the LOYAL athletes that we have. Our kids may not have a lot of funding for what we want to do....such as TRAVEL to other schools to compete.....but we have something that is far greater....and that is PRIDE. We haven't lost that. YOU can't take that away from us no matter how hard that you try. We will keep clawing our way back.

So you keep on with your SUPERIOR attitude and try to beat us down. I think you have a wonderful wrestling program at Smyrna with an enthusiastic coach . Don't cheapen your program and what it has accomplished by making fun of ours. You can ask your COACH if I have ever gotten on here and trashed your wrestling program......go ahead and ask him. My old user ID was region4fan. ASK HIM. he knows that I never have.

No matter what you say and try to degrade us....I will stand firm in my support for Oakland High athletics. I am proud of Coach Richie and the wrestlers at Oakland. They are bringing this program back to winning ways. The bottom line is that we have MORE gold balls in several MAJOR sports than anyone in this county. AND....we are planning to add to our trophy case. :thumb:

Hmmm...I thought you were trying to make a point about wrestling, not about "enrollment numbers" or "portable classrooms"

oakland wrestles the same 4 teams all year long. What can you expect. Look at the other teams in the county. I myself being a smyrna high graduate/wrestler know that no one in rutherford county, but smyrna is able to actually do something as team in this neck of the woods. So yall pat yourselves on the back for beating siegel, but siegel is getting better. But come on guys are these two teams really something to argue about ? If they wrestled teams like soddy overton brentwood and teams that are actually worth something then maybe yall could pat yourselves on the back.

I can't honestly say I know who you are...but Smyrna shouldn't be taking an elitist snob attitude. We came from very poor roots in the sport a few years back when we were only wrestling Rutherford County teams and we were happy for every win we got. I am very happy that Coach Richie has taken such a strong interest in redevoloping the Oakland team. You, watch, in a couple more years, Oakland will be one of the teams in Rutherford County to beat. And correct me if I am wrong, but Oakland sent some guys to state last year and even medaled. How many did we send? We have nothing to be snobby about. Good Luck Oakland...Keep up your winning ways.

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High Wrestling

I can't honestly say I know who you are...but Smyrna shouldn't be taking an elitist snob attitude. We came from very poor roots in the sport a few years back when we were only wrestling Rutherford County teams and we were happy for every win we got. I am very happy that Coach Richie has taken such a strong interest in redevoloping the Oakland team. You, watch, in a couple more years, Oakland will be one of the teams in Rutherford County to beat. And correct me if I am wrong, but Oakland sent some guys to state last year and even medaled. How many did we send? We have nothing to be snobby about. Good Luck Oakland...Keep up your winning ways.

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High Wrestling

^^^ a classy guy running a classy program :unsure: ^^^

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High Wrestling

sound like a great guy

As I have said before, you definitely want to emulate your program after Smyrna's. The HC is a total class act, dedicated to the core.

Having enthuiasm for what you do is the key to success, and he has it.

Just don't hate on me trying to show Oakland that we are proud of what they are accomplishing in their program.