Districts?

i<3Bowling

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get to the region tourney, all you have to do is win the semi-final match to advance to the state tourney...I was wondering, does richie goodenow still bowl for Overton? If so, does anyone know his average? good luck to all region participants....high schools that do not partcipate in bowling, they do not realize how exciting matches can be, whether girls or boys....

Since conception of TSSAA involvement, I've had the privilege of having two sons bowling in the State tournament at Smyrna...one, 3 years at Lavergne, the youngest at Smyrna...

After 4 years, the class teams, the best bowlers, best coaches, best fans who are informed and knowledgeable about this sport are as follows:

Hendersonville

Mt. Juliet

LaVergne

Smryna

Spring Hill

Columbia

Soddy Daisy

Hardin County

Kirby

Munford

Germantown

JCM

Overton

This is a great sport for participants and fans... bowling deserves this and earns great respect from a normal 3-sport guy (baseball, basketball, and football)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Richie does still bowl and he is doing pretty good. he never practices and is still averaging like around 185, but thats with him not caring cuz he thinks its boring and he only does good when he is challenged. He cares a lot more about baseball so he never practices for bowling. If he really cared i think he could avg over 200 easy

• 2 weeks later...

If you get to the region tourney, all you have to do is win the semi-final match to advance to the state tourney...I was wondering, does richie goodenow still bowl for Overton? If so, does anyone know his average? good luck to all region participants....high schools that do not partcipate in bowling, they do not realize how exciting matches can be, whether girls or boys....

Since conception of TSSAA involvement, I've had the privilege of having two sons bowling in the State tournament at Smyrna...one, 3 years at Lavergne, the youngest at Smyrna...

After 4 years, the class teams, the best bowlers, best coaches, best fans who are informed and knowledgeable about this sport are as follows:

Hendersonville

Mt. Juliet

LaVergne

Smryna

Spring Hill

Columbia

Soddy Daisy

Hardin County

Kirby

Munford

Germantown

JCM

Overton

This is a great sport for participants and fans... bowling deserves this and earns great respect from a normal 3-sport guy (baseball, basketball, and football)

First of all, which Overton do you mean? Second, with three straight titles for the smallest school with a team, I'd think Elliston Baptist belongs on the list.

And third, there's a not-very-well publicized change this year--winning a region semifinal does not guarantee a state berth in Division I. They have added a sub-state round as in basketball.

First of all, which Overton do you mean? Second, with three straight titles for the smallest school with a team, I'd think Elliston Baptist belongs on the list.

And third, there's a not-very-well publicized change this year--winning a region semifinal does not guarantee a state berth in Division I. They have added a sub-state round as in basketball.

Is Elliston Baptist division 2 cause i've never heard of them. He means John Overton High School and Overton is already out regions. They got put out by Goodpasture.

Is Elliston Baptist division 2 cause i've never heard of them. He means John Overton High School and Overton is already out regions. They got put out by Goodpasture.

Correct, Elliston Baptist is in Division II. (There's also an Overton in Memphis, with a bowling team, but not as far as I can tell a powerhouse.)

Correct, Elliston Baptist is in Division II. (There's also an Overton in Memphis, with a bowling team, but not as far as I can tell a powerhouse.)

OK...Still not ringing any bells but if they won 3 years they must be aright. Do they have any stats to compair with the top division 1 schools like regularly shooting 37 to 3800 or even 1200 every game? I'm not making fun, I've just never heard of a power house division 2 team.

Actually, it's the girls team that won the first three state titles, and finished runner-up last year to St. Benedict. I haven't fully looked through their scores, but the first impression from looking at just the state final matches is that they would be competitive in Division I. Which is pretty darned impressive for a school with a four-grade enrollment of 74!

Actually, it's the girls team that won the first three state titles, and finished runner-up last year to St. Benedict. I haven't fully looked through their scores, but the first impression from looking at just the state final matches is that they would be competitive in Division I. Which is pretty darned impressive for a school with a four-grade enrollment of 74!

I don't think that they could of hung with the divison 1 girls teams of the past, but there's not a solid power house girls team anymore. And i mean that no girls team out there is a sure win, for example, the MJHS girls for the first 2 years of TSSAA bowling when they went 36-0 and 48-1 including the year after. but they graduated everyone so the "power house" is no more.