FCS destroys CCHS

Dawg05

Unaka's record is deceiving...they lost to Beardon 10-1, Temple 9-1, Unicoi 12-2, they forfeited a game, lost to Johnson Co. 3-2, University School 4-1 and Pickett Co. 9-2 PLUS they beat Clay Co.

Herriman lost to Temple 9-1, Cosby 9-0, Rockwood 5-2 (they lost to Temple & Cosby) and to Kingston 6-4.

Van Buren only lost by 5 to Clay Co. at Clay Co. and lost to other good teams like Forrest

I just wasn't impressed with Jackson Co. I have only seen them once against Pickett Co. and in that game Pickett was awful and the game still was close until the last couple of minutes. Maybe Jackson Co. has played much better in other games.

you say you saw jackson co. play one time and was not impressed. if you were not impressed with a 13 point win over pickett co. what does that say about pickett co.? of the 3 schools you say are better than jackson co. only van buren has played 2 common opponents. van buren and jackson both played monterey and hermitage springs. both teams blew monterey out by 40 or so, but jackson co. beat h.s. by 23 and van buren beat them by 12 or 13. i just can not see your reasoning behind the statement that they are better than us.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clay Co plays there best ball at the end of the year...Last year for example RBS beat them by 10 at home early in the season and at the end of the year Clay ended up winning district and at the end of the year RBS wouldn't have touched Clay Co...Clay Co has made it to the substate the last 3 or 4 years...they seem like they've started playing there best ball at the end of the season...

I guess you didn't read my response. First I said I saw Jackson Co. only once, so maybe they didn't play their best either. I have seen Pickett all year and they did play very poorly. Maybe Jackson has played much better in all their other games. What does a 12 point loss, 74-62, say about Pickett Co? Exactly what I said before...they played very poorly in that game. Comparing scores of other games isn't a very good way to compare teams. I thought that the teams I saw just had better players than Jackson Co. So, if Jackson Co. is much better than they looked against Pickett Co. they should continue to win and win the district.

Right now i see this region as a four team race. Clay County was thought to be the clear favorite going into the season. Much like Pickett County last year they are laden with senior talent, however due to injuries they have not been able to jell as of yet. Friendship Christian proved that they could beat anyone by taking Clay out behind the woodshed and giving them a butt whipping that is still hurting! Jackson County has alot of talent and a deeper bench than anyone around. They can withstand foul trouble and not lose much when they sub in. Pickett Co. has alot of younger talent like Jackson County and some players on the team that can absolutely take over any game. The region tournament will be exciting for sure and the semi finals will feature these four teams without question. It will come down to who is playing their best ball at the end of the year, it always does! :lol: