Weekly Carter County --- Top 5

osubrutus

Sorry it took so long. Church, Crown Moulding, Chair Rail and Columns.

1. Elizabethton (9-2) Beat Science Hill, Beat South Greene and Beat Chucky Doak; Seems to be taking care of business; Played teams with a height advantage and are using it well;Play a sorry conference team Tuesday hopefully they can beat who they are supposed to beat, unlike UHS.

2. Unaka (4-1) Beat Johnson Co., Lost to North Greene; Until Megan Johnson decides to step-up and play like a Senior, it may be an up-and-down year for the Rangers; Play a weak UH team Tuesday.

3. Cloudland (6-3) Lost to South Greene, Beat Providence Middle School; Schedule is not on CoachT so who they play is a mystery, maybe its Cranberry, NC or some other lowly private school. Someone fill me in.

4. Happy Valley (6-3) Beat Chucky Doak, Beat North; They have not beat anyone of any substance (UH, Volunteer, Hampton, Chucky Doak and North); Play South Greene and Crockett this week.

5. Hampton (3-4) Beat Crockett Wednesday; That's all I know. Another of the scheduless teams on here; Still must prove themselves.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can lay the whole fate of Unaka on one senior's shoulders. It's not fair to say if she "steps up" they are going to win every game, Rememer there are 5 players on the floor at one time and there is no "I" in team. Another thing is the choice of subbing and shooters. Too many bad shot decisions. Just an opinion, but I just don't think you can blame everything on one player. Especially when she or Taylor didn't see all that much floor time last year. :rolleyes:

I don't think you can lay the whole fate of Unaka on one senior's shoulders. It's not fair to say if she "steps up" they are going to win every game, Rememer there are 5 players on the floor at one time and there is no "I" in team. Another thing is the choice of subbing and shooters. Too many bad shot decisions. Just an opinion, but I just don't think you can blame everything on one player. Especially when she or Taylor didn't see all that much floor time last year. :rolleyes:

Not blaming, she and I know what she is capable of. Babb is doing her part so Megan needs to do hers.

Osubrutus, is the first time you have not picked Unaka number one? Know that must have been pretty hard to do. Someone said you had ties with Happy Valley. Then why do you have them fourth? Who has Unaka beat? Cloudland at least did beat Tennessee High. Agree that Elizabethton should be number one but not so sure of your other picks.

1. Elizabethton (beat HV)

Has the inside and outside game to win. Continues to have trouble with pressure.

2. Happy Valley (played close to Elizabethton)

Also has a good inside and at times a good outside game. Just depends on who shows up.

3. Unaka

Continues to play hard but will have to gain experience throughout the year. Both inside and outside will have to improve.

4. Cloudland

Must develop a consistant inside game to go with it's good outside game.

5. Hampton

Starting to show some signs of improvement

Osubrutus, is the first time you have not picked Unaka number one? Know that must have been pretty hard to do. Someone said you had ties with Happy Valley. Then why do you have them fourth? Who has Unaka beat? Cloudland at least did beat Tennessee High. Agree that Elizabethton should be number one but not so sure of your other picks.

1. Elizabethton (beat HV)

Has the inside and outside game to win. Continues to have trouble with pressure.

2. Happy Valley (played close to Elizabethton)

Also has a good inside and at times a good outside game. Just depends on who shows up.

3. Unaka

Continues to play hard but will have to gain experience throughout the year. Both inside and outside will have to improve.

4. Cloudland

Must develop a consistant inside game to go with it's good outside game.

5. Hampton

Starting to show some signs of improvement

Going 34-3 before the N. Greene loss lead to Unaka on top for the past year or so.

Happy Valley must beat a quality opponent. They can be dangerous, but guards looking at the ball as they dribble lead to missed open shot opportunities and turnovers. I still can't believe the guards go off of screens to their left with their right hand. Amazing....

No offense but what about the other 3 on the floor. Babb is doing her part because they are getting the ball inside to her.

Sallee is out of position out of necessity (In her head it limits her scoring, which it shouldn't), Bowman seems to be doing what Bowman does best (rebound, play good "D" and score every now and then), Logan was hurt I believe Friday, but she was an inconsistent outside scorer, Asher won't shoot, Winters is play as well as a freshman can be expected to play with the coaching she had in elementary and the rest just aren't ready for primetime. My opinion of course.

Out of respect for Brutus and his domestic chores:

For he who has more 'middle school' games than one could bare:

1. Cylcones....marked improvement with a young squad

2. Rangers....still learning with a very young team

3. Warriors....steady inside game needs outside scoring support

4. Highlanders....needs a force inside every game

5. Bulldogs.....working up to a weak peak

Brutus, Don't be so bitter. I gave the Rangers the 'nod' last week knowing that Betsy would gain that dangerous spot very soon. Hope things work out at home for you. :thumb:

Edited by GLee

Osubrutus, the record of the past has nothing to do with the picks of today. And it just shows how you are living in the past and not present. Coach Godsey has developed a new technique of making the opponets think you don't know what you are doing and just at that moment, bam, a no look pass of the defender's fingertips and into the nonexpecting hands of the post and two more points. Besides it is smart to dribble with your right if you can't dribble with your left. All good coaches know this. Surprised this got by you. Is your Happy Valley tie that your blood runs maroon (same color of Unaka)?

And Coachh, Cloudland above Unaka? Are you just trying to get on osuburtus' nerves? Can't see them above Unaka or Happy Valley, inside game to weak to compete with either.

Nice to have Brutus back, calling them as he sees them. He has already offended a Unaka senior, the Happy Valley guards, and the Stoney Creek elementary coaches. What a man!

Honesty hurts!!! But I'm doing my best in your absence. Besides everyone knows the "quality" of coaching the Lady Tigers were getting since Chambers left and before Collins took over. Parkey at UES does a good job teaching the fundamentals.

GLee: Not bitter or upset with your poll, just been busy as my wife calls it "Livin' Life". Glad to know you went to a Cyclone practice and approved of how Coach Weems is running them. You can see a definite direction good or bad at practices. In this case good!

Highlander: I need the Cloudland schedule and your inside info.

Screen and Roll: Being a Weekly poll is correct. However, you indicated a much longer time frame when you said that this is the 1st time I've moved Unaka. Anyways, I think in the pre-season poll I had EHS up on top. OBJECTIVITY some have it others don't and those like me try!