McMInn Central

haterofstupidity

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Record so far is 7-2. The two losses came at the hands of McMinn Co. (AAA) and Cleveland (AAA). The start of the season was not very heartening to watch. Play was sloppy and it seemed to be a repeat of last years performance. Tyner was the first district game, and the first time that the girls all played well (for one half). Since then, they have had two or three very good quarters, with one or two quarters not looking so hot. But that said, every game is looking better and better. The biggest improvement from last year to this year is the bench. Last year the starters would start out good, get a lead, but when the subs started coming in, the lead started going down. This year, the bench is definetly stronger. Allows the team to run and tire other teams out who have lesser benches. The girls are also starting to play better together. At the start of the year, the older girls played well together, and the younger girls played well together, but now they are starting to mesh as a team better.

At the start of the year I didn't know if the team would finish well in the district or region. Now I believe the girls have a shot at hosting a sub-state game. They are doing fine. :thumb:

I am glad to here that you guys are doing great. I am wanting to see the McMinn/Central game when it comes up should be a better one. I am also glad that Walker Valley is doing great also after moving up to AAA. HOw is the Freshman this year . that is what you must be talking about since they didn't have a good bench last year...

Very good description MCHSballfan. I would have to agree. If the girls do not let down their guard with Boyd Buchanan and Sequoyah coming up, and get ready for an always tough game at Meigs, the blue and white could very well be 6-0 in the district going into Christmas break. With only 2 senior starters and only 3 in the top ten, this team will improve as the season progresses.

Coach Morgan has coached for years with many impressive wins. He was recognized a couple of years ago for his many wins so the number should not be too hard to figure out.

Coach Davis of Polk has been around for a long time also with quite a few wins.

Edited by maroonandwhite

HOw is the Freshman this year . that is what you must be talking about since they didn't have a good bench last year...

The freshmen outlook is very good I think.

Kylie Lambert is tops of the class. She is starting right now and doing great. She has been the top scorer is several of the games this year, and her defence is also good. She is starting as a wing, and I think she plays best from there. She also runs point some, but she seems to focus on running the offence and not as much to score. (New position for her. I have no doubt that she will improve. ALOT)

Elizabeth Elder (Lizard) has been a BIG surprise this year. She is currently getting lots of playing time and is 2nd or 3rd on the team in rebounding. I'll have to recheck the stats on that. Lizard was used in elementary to get the ball to the post almost exclusively, and needs to break from that mold some. She needs to look to score more. She is a player that will get the job done on the floor, and very seldom hurt the team with mistakes. She will be around for four years and leave her mark.

Gabby Jordan is playing well. She had ACL surgery a year ago and is still getting her head to think and react as fast as her body moves. She is also playing a new position. In elementary she played post using strength and not height. She was tried first as a #4, but that didn't work well. Her strength isn't that much with high school girls. She is now a wing. She is having to get used to a new position. She is currently used as a defensive player, but needs to look for more offence. She has TONS of heart and drive, and she will only be getting better as she learns her new spot.

Chelsie Simbeck is the post player. She is getting better and better. I'll make some folks mad here, but I believe she deserves a shot at a starting roll. She is improving every game and getting stronger at the post. She needs to improve some on defence which may be the factor keeping her from starting, but on offence, I'd rather have her.

There are three others on the team, and no reflection of their play. This is just a look at the players that have been making the biggest impact right now on varsity. These four mentioned are getting about 3 to 4 minutes each quarter and doing a fine job.

The freshmen outlook is very good I think.

Kylie Lambert is tops of the class. She is starting right now and doing great. She has been the top scorer is several of the games this year, and her defence is also good. She is starting as a wing, and I think she plays best from there. She also runs point some, but she seems to focus on running the offence and not as much to score. (New position for her. I have no doubt that she will improve. ALOT)

Elizabeth Elder (Lizard) has been a BIG surprise this year. She is currently getting lots of playing time and is 2nd or 3rd on the team in rebounding. I'll have to recheck the stats on that. Lizard was used in elementary to get the ball to the post almost exclusively, and needs to break from that mold some. She needs to look to score more. She is a player that will get the job done on the floor, and very seldom hurt the team with mistakes. She will be around for four years and leave her mark.

Gabby Jordan is playing well. She had ACL surgery a year ago and is still getting her head to think and react as fast as her body moves. She is also playing a new position. In elementary she played post using strength and not height. She was tried first as a #4, but that didn't work well. Her strength isn't that much with high school girls. She is now a wing. She is having to get used to a new position. She is currently used as a defensive player, but needs to look for more offence. She has TONS of heart and drive, and she will only be getting better as she learns her new spot.

Chelsie Simbeck is the post player. She is getting better and better. I'll make some folks mad here, but I believe she deserves a shot at a starting roll. She is improving every game and getting stronger at the post. She needs to improve some on defence which may be the factor keeping her from starting, but on offence, I'd rather have her.

There are three others on the team, and no reflection of their play. This is just a look at the players that have been making the biggest impact right now on varsity. These four mentioned are getting about 3 to 4 minutes each quarter and doing a fine job.

Wow, I thought Webber, Howard, & Rose must certainly be in this class. Your analysis sounds more observant than the analysis laying the foundation for President Bush's plan for victory in Iraq.

Are there enough coaches at McMinn Central? If not, I believe this poster has certainly put in his or her application/resume/scouting report/DJ analysis/groupie response in a push for the job.