TN teams make national rankings

WesVLT

Siegel is great to, but how many people on that team play for big AAU programs. Thats what MOST and I did say most of these rankings amount to. But those of us in TN know how good Siegel is. Siegel make your noise in the tournament, we know your good.

I completely agree. While its nice to be able to boast about your team being nationally ranked. None of it really matters until state. Rankings are basically a popularity contest of who has the most star players on their team. And Siegel does have 4 players on the Murfreesboro Stars AAU team

Their 8 man rotation of players goes...

Brandan Wright

Josh Bone

Jimmy Oden

Lucas Jones

Keith Ramsey

Darius Roper

Devin Boyd

Justin Bullock

They are no Pump N Run but they do hold their own against some of the tops in the country.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville is in there due to them beating BA and thats the only reason.

Siegel beat Mitchell in the playday at Liberty and Siegel lost to Hamilton by 3-4 right after defeating Mitchell....without Keith Ramsey. Siegel will be in there by the end of the year barring unforseen losses. Not taking anything away from these teams because they will all be there at the end of the year. But if Shelbyville is on there, Whites Creek and Siegel should def. be there.

Do we really have to go down this road again? Hate all you want and the bottom line is Shelbyville beat BA. Deal with it and you keep on saying thats the only reason their on there. Their on there your not quit cryin

"Ask Bolivar, Mitchell, and BA coaches which team "couldn't find a good date" to play Siegel. You will find you are sadly mistaken on that one. Trust me we wouldn't be going to Science Hill to play a good team if there was a way that we could stay home and play BA instead. Siegel talked last year about wanting to play BA...theres no way they would turn it down if BA would have opened the door for the matchup.

This was one of the hardest years that Siegel will have scheduling. Nobody will come to Siegel yet teams want to play Siegel at their place, for obvious reasons. Don't want to play in a hostile enviroment yet they know if they play Siegel they will bring a crowd out. Their schedule shows this with 16 away games and 10 home games.

It's also interesting how many teams have called up saying we will play you next year. Imagine that. EVERYBODY wants to play Siegel after they lose 5 Seniors."

Maybe BA legitimately couldnt find a date; except for the games they have to play the coaches deliberately went out of their way to make the toughest schedule possible. BA has only had one D1 player ever (i think) in david harrison so they are definately wanting to challenge the two that they have on the same team. Why didnt they want to go to siegel, probably the same reason that siegel didnt want to come to BA (if that is the case). But i doubt that is the reason, pitts has no problem playing in a hostile enviornment: at giles county, bolivar, shelbyville, father ryan, carbondale, plus the three ky schools. Also money could be an issue in the last couple of yrs and this year BA has had to move games to different venues which costs money and maybe they couldnt find a game which both schools agreed on that belmont, lipscomb, vandy could also do.

just some thoughts, its a shame and would be an interesting matchup as BA's downfall is lack of guard athletism (vs schools like siegel, whites creek) but also wright getting triple doubles pretty regularly makes up for a lot

Ask Bolivar, Mitchell, and BA coaches which team "couldn't find a good date" to play Siegel. You will find you are sadly mistaken on that one. Trust me we wouldn't be going to Science Hill to play a good team if there was a way that we could stay home and play BA instead. Siegel talked last year about wanting to play BA...theres no way they would turn it down if BA would have opened the door for the matchup.

This was one of the hardest years that Siegel will have scheduling. Nobody will come to Siegel yet teams want to play Siegel at their place, for obvious reasons. Don't want to play in a hostile enviroment yet they know if they play Siegel they will bring a crowd out. Their schedule shows this with 16 away games and 10 home games.

It's also interesting how many teams have called up saying we will play you next year. Imagine that. EVERYBODY wants to play Siegel after they lose 5 Seniors.

I have not heard about attempts to schedule a Siegel matchup. However,

considering BA has scheduled Bolivar, Mitchell, Ridgeway and Whites Creek

this year, I doubt BA is ducking Siegel. If discussions occurred, then most

likely the schedules could not be arranged to the satisfaction of both parties.

This wouldn't be surprising considering the amount of out of state travel for

BA this year.

Siegel's a great team and I would love to see the teams play.

One word of advice

Read more

post less :thumb:

"Not taking anything away from these teams because they will all be there at the end of the year."

First of all dont need or want your advice and thats more than one word and you are trying to take something away from one of these teams you need to take some of your own advice since you seem to know think you know it all

Edited by jrm2x

All I'm saying is that the accusation of Siegel dodging teams is dead wrong. Perhaps they couldn't find a date with BA which is understandable with their amount of travel.

It was reported by someone that until Ralph Sampson Jr's team came into the picture Siegel was going to be one of the teams in the classic with Mitchell, BA, Ridgeway. After they found Sampson's team, Siegel was put on the backburner which is understandable for ESPN marketing. The whole thing actually fell through with Sampson transferring

All I'm saying is that the accusation of Siegel dodging teams is dead wrong. Perhaps they couldn't find a date with BA which is understandable with their amount of travel.

It was reported by someone that until Ralph Sampson Jr's team came into the picture Siegel was going to be one of the teams in the classic with Mitchell, BA, Ridgeway. After they found Sampson's team, Siegel was put on the backburner which is understandable for ESPN marketing. The whole thing actually fell through with Sampson transferring

I doubt it too. I'm sure both teams would have wanted to play if it could have been arranged. Scheduling can get tough.

Congrats to all.

Mitchell might be the best team in AA.

Siegel is great to, but how many people on that team play for big AAU programs. Thats what MOST and I did say most of these rankings amount to. But those of us in TN know how good Siegel is. Siegel make your noise in the tournament, we know your good.

Dont ever ever count Bolivar out, they do not play cupcakes on thier shedule, they will come out of the region to play substate, and they will get to state, a team is going to have to beat them at least and maybe Mitchell too to win it all.

So youre saying that there AAU team matters on what ranking they get, Brandon Wright (Brentwood Academy) and Twilley (Shelbyville) play for the mufreesboro stars. why wouldnt siegel be on there because they all play on the same AAU team? :unsure:;)