#8 Wartburg vs. #21 Pickett County

ZOOLANDER69

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett is not "way down" this year...they are 9-2 and beat Sunbright by 36...Wartburg only beat them by 18. Who has Wartburg played? In the last 10 years Pickett has gone to the state in '95, '96, '00, '01, '02, '05. More power to you if you actually do have a good team, but being 6-0 one year, doesn't say a whole lot. Don't knock a great program like Pickett's until you have done a tenth of what they have. Look at who Wartburg has beaten: Midway 6-4, Greenback 2-8, Oneida 5-6, Sunbright 1-6, Coalfield 1-7, Lenoir City 3-9.

Comparing scores against Sunbright isn't really a true sign of how good Wartburg is. I didn't watch or listen to that game but I did listen to most of the Oneida game and Wartburg was stomping Oneida and started substituting early which brought the score closer. I realize that Pickett Co. has tradition but this is the first time in a while that Wartburg has had a ton to be excited about in Men's basketball so some people are running the laps with their mouth that their butts may or may not be able to catch because of this new excitement. Come on people, act like you've been there before even if you haven't. I hope some of the the cockiness doesn't hurt them over the course of the year and make them come up a little short of their ability. Coach Layne is doing a great job. I'll take Wartburg by 3.

I think this is gonna be alot closer than what almost everyone is saying. The cats lost alot last year but they are playing very good right now, the last 3 games they have won by a total of 7 points so they have been tested but they know how to come out on top. As long as they knock down there foul shots and keep everyone out of foul trouble then they will be tough to beat. Im takin my cats by 5, and by the way if someone knows the schedule for boys and girls games for those 2 days i would really appreciate it.....Go Cats