Oak Ridge Girls break USA Today Top 10 in South Region Poll.

Ole Dad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They drive them in from California every morning. Are you a total idiot? The TSSAA has guidelines and OR follows them like the other schools in the state. OR is a private school system and if you pay tuition you can attend the schools in OR. This thread was made to congratulate the OR girls. If you have another agenda start your own thread.

Ole Dad

Just wondering? What middle schools did her freshmen come from? I was told by some Anderson County residents that maybe one or two were brought in from 40 to 60 miles outside OR. I find this hard to believe. Is this true?

They drive them in from California every morning. Are you a total idiot? The TSSAA has guidelines and OR follows them like the other schools in the state. OR is a private school system and if you pay tuition you can attend the schools in OR. This thread was made to congratulate the OR girls. If you have another agenda start your own thread.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

Just to calrify the Oak Ridge schools system, Oak Ridge is a public school system, that has an open enrollment policy, another words if you live outside of the city limits, and want to send your child to an Oak Ridge school, you can apply for outside admission, if that grade is not at capacity as far as enrollment, you can pay an annual tuition for your child to attend school in Oak Ridge. None of the girls playing at Oak Ridge is currently traveling 40 to 60 miles to attend school at Oak Ridge. Just some FYI.

Congrats to the Lady Wildcats, and Coach Prudden!

Edited by catback

South

1. Collins Hill, Suwanee, Ga. (5-0)

2. Lexington (Ky.) Catholic (4-0)

3. Heritage, Maryville, Tenn. (9-0)

4. Cy-Fair, Houston (20-0)

5. Dunbar, Fort Worth (13-1)

6. Princess Anne, Virginia Beach (4-0)

7. Duncanville, Texas (14-1)

8. Clinton, Miss. (12-0)

9. South Mecklenburg, Charlotte (9-1)

10. Oak Ridge, Tenn. (9-0)

Ole Dad

No way OR is 10th in the South. Who is ranking these teams?

I saw them play and even though they are undefeated they are not that good. OR will never get out of their region.

Edited by defense wins

Ole Dad

Oak Ridge has a public, not private, school system.

Also, perhaps that person is thinking of Raegan Thompson, who moved here from somewhere.... I'm not sure where though.

Edited by Yamba

No way OR is 10th in the South. Who is ranking these teams?

I saw them play and even though they are undefeated they are not that good. OR will never get out of their region.

...Good way to ruin a congratulations thread. :thumb:

Well, maybe we're not 10th in the South. In fact, we're probably not. Tradition and Prudden probably had some part to play with getting Oak Ridge on that list.... But still, I don't think Heritage should be third, and you don't see me knockin' them down.

Well, we shall see how this year turns out! Perhaps Oak Ridge will prove you wrong and make it out of the region.

...Good way to ruin a congratulations thread. :thumb:

Well, maybe we're not 10th in the South. In fact, we're probably not. Tradition and Prudden probably had some part to play with getting Oak Ridge on that list.... But still, I don't think Heritage should be third, and you don't see me knockin' them down.

Well, we shall see how this year turns out! Perhaps Oak Ridge will prove you wrong and make it out of the region.

Sorry! Just being realistic. I hope they are 10th in the Southeast but I don't think so. You may be correct about tradition and reputation.

First congratulations to Oak Ridge on their ranking in the USA Today. Another year with Oak Ridge being considered as one of the elite basektball teams in the country. Under the guidance of one the all time greats of high school basketball in Coach Prudden, OR has fielded phenomenal teams and almost yearly sends players to Division One.

Its simply amazes me to see people insult Oak Ridge when its roster has a couple of kids on the roster from the outlying areas. Guess What? The players and their families are looking out for their best interests in most cases. They CHOOSE to attend Oak Ridge & play basketball for one of the all time great coaches. Also, they will recieve a tremendous education at one of the nation's best public schools. By playing for Oak Ridge, they will compete and play a national schedule and without question be reviewed by college recruiters.

Knowing all that, how can anyone pass judgement on any parent or kid that would want the best for themself or their kids? Someone mentioned Regean Thompson from Claiborne County who is a 9th grader at Oak Ridge. In a perfect world, all high schools would be equal and the same opportunites would be available. However, life doesn't work that way. At some point, all high schools have kids that have transfers or kids from other areas that attend a school to play a sport. In Reagen's defense, she started OR in the 9th grade. How is her situation any different than kids that attend Webb, Catholic, CAK, or another private school? How is it different than a non athlete that wanted to attend the best academic school that will prepare them for college? Its not.

There is not one person on this board that needs to pass judgement on any kid or parents want the best for their family. Lets face it, Oak Ridge is the best in East Tennessee in girls basketball & academically. Sure, they will occasionally get upset or have a down year ( which in OR's book is a 4-6 loss season & most times making the state tourney), but on a yearly basis other very good East Tennessee teams compare themselves to Oak Ridge and how they stack up. Oak Ridge is the measuring stick.

Again, Congratulations to Oak Ridge for making East Tennessee proud.