OS vs AC

Ozballer12

Congrats to Coach Ellis and his HERD of Lady Mavericks on their victory tonight in the CAGE. I hear from a reliable source that the Lady Cats had a chance to tie (or even take the lead) with around 6 ticks to go, but....

Ladies I am looking very forward to getting out to watch you all play when you come north!! :thumb:

Coach Stiltner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratualations to AC on their win. Now, maybe this can become a competitive rivalry which always brings out the best in both teams.

It was a great win for the Anderson County girls basketball program & snapped a 11 game losing streak to the Lady Cats. Also, with AC's enrollment close to doubling AC's, when you consider OS's dominaton of AC into account, it makes that 11 game winning streak even more impressive.

From the above poster,

"Not many predictions right on this one. Lady Mavs come into the rage of the cage or whatever you all call it and win. WOW Everyone is suprised. So did inexperience at the coaching position loose the close game or inexperience on the floor for the Lady Bobcats? Lets here some stuff.... Witch Freshman looked better tonight. Oh yeah the Stewart girl being ranked top 15 how come Summit didnt try to get her. And Insell got her because she has played AAU ball for him. Lets here some stuff about the game. You OZ fans can back your team with the best of them now lets here some facts about the game. Congrats to both teams keep playing hard"

I did manage to overcome the numerous grammer errors & run on sentences. So, no worries there. Regarding Stewert from Oak Ridge, she was recruited by EVERYONE. I don't know if UT offered a scholarship, but they certainly were interested during he high school career. Anyone that follows national high school recruiting knows this. Also, the backhanded comment concerning Insell is comical. . He's put together a top 10 recruiting class at MTSU. Certainly his AAU connections has assited him. But, a couple of his players that signed on with the Lady blue Raiders never played for his TN AAU team. Its safe to say Insell is in the process of building a top 15-25 team at MTSU.

Again, congrats to AC on the win. With OS's youth, teams better capatalize now before this team really hits the gas pedal later in the year.

So you are saying that Coach Insell is going to have a top 25 program at Middle. What time frame are you talking about? My lifetime or yours. He got some good players but noone that will make them competitive on a national level. They may win the conference, whichever one they are in, but that will about do it. Also KeKe Stewart did not receive an offer from TN nor was she recruited by them. She is a good player but not at the level of being able to play for a top 10 team. Heres hoping that she takes advantage of the opportunity that she has been given by Coach Insell.

Congratualations to AC on their win. Now, maybe this can become a competitive rivalry which always brings out the best in both teams.

It was a great win for the Anderson County girls basketball program & snapped a 11 game losing streak to the Lady Cats. Also, with AC's enrollment close to doubling AC's, when you consider OS's dominaton of AC into account, it makes that 11 game winning streak even more impressive.

From the above poster,

"Not many predictions right on this one. Lady Mavs come into the rage of the cage or whatever you all call it and win. WOW Everyone is suprised. So did inexperience at the coaching position loose the close game or inexperience on the floor for the Lady Bobcats? Lets here some stuff.... Witch Freshman looked better tonight. Oh yeah the Stewart girl being ranked top 15 how come Summit didnt try to get her. And Insell got her because she has played AAU ball for him. Lets here some stuff about the game. You OZ fans can back your team with the best of them now lets here some facts about the game. Congrats to both teams keep playing hard"

I did manage to overcome the numerous grammer errors & run on sentences. So, no worries there. Regarding Stewert from Oak Ridge, she was recruited by EVERYONE. I don't know if UT offered a scholarship, but they certainly were interested during he high school career. Anyone that follows national high school recruiting knows this. Also, the backhanded comment concerning Insell is comical. . He's put together a top 10 recruiting class at MTSU. Certainly his AAU connections has assited him. But, a couple of his players that signed on with the Lady blue Raiders never played for his TN AAU team. Its safe to say Insell is in the process of building a top 15-25 team at MTSU.

Again, congrats to AC on the win. With OS's youth, teams better capatalize now before this team really hits the gas pedal later in the year.

OS91/The English Professor

Please check my grammer and spelling for me. You seem to better at that than you are making a logical post. What is the deal with congratulating a team and then assertng your past dominance. Is this some type of shallow victory for you?

OS has a good team and a great tradition of toughness, but the better team won last Friday night.

I agree that OS is a young team, but AC has a geat deal of youth also. I look forward to the battles between these two teams over the next couple of years.

In addition to being an English Professor you must also be a History Scholar because you seem to live in the past.

Shock It To Me!

Edited by HighVoltageAC

OS91/The English Professor

Please check my grammer and spelling for me. You seem to better at that than you are making a logical post. What is the deal with congratulating a team and then assertng your past dominance. Is this some type of shallow victory for you?

OS has a good team and a great tradition of toughness, but the better team won last Friday night.

I agree that OS is a young team, but AC has a geat deal of youth also. I look forward to the battles between these two teams over the next couple of years.

In addition to being an English Professor you must also be a History Scholar because you seem to live in the past.

Shock It To Me!

AC has a very young team. Their 9th and 10th grade classes are loaded. Dupree, Elliot, Kyte, and Oakes are as strong as anyone's freshman class. Pittman(18 points) and Parks were huge against OS. Lay, Ellis, and E. Dupree were an integral part of the victory at OS. Looks like a pretty good foundation for the future at AC. Also, I was extremely impressed with Kristopher and # 11. Kristopher is a creator and can get her shot and her teammates' shots any time. OS does not have another player that can handle the ball very well, and I think she wore down a little not coming out of the game. Tough position to be in for a freshman with the FT's at the end of the game, but you can tell she wanted to shoot them. Good luck to both teams this season. Should be another great one at AC......

MTSU should be a 20-8 type team this year. Also, with a top 10 recruiting class coming in next year, MTSU is flat out going to be loaded. Btw, the Sun Belt conference is considered one of the top 10 womens basketball conferences in the country. Western Kentucky plays in the Sun Belt. If you are familiar with the Lady Highlanders, they have been to numerous final fours, almost every NCAA tourney, and so forth. But, Im not here to educate the not so informed. Its not my job. MTSU will be a top 20 progam under Insell. He's that great of a coach & will bring in top recruiting classes on a yearly basis. I do understand there is some jealousy based off his Shelbyville teams and AAU programs. Like hm or not, he's a bigtime winnner.

Also, the reference of living in the past. Congrats to AC. They snapped OS's 11 game winning streak by a mere 4 points. Im happy this one sided rivalry has become more competitive. It was looking at AC on the schedule and marking it as an automatic W.

MTSU should be a 20-8 type team this year. Also, with a top 10 recruiting class coming in next year, MTSU is flat out going to be loaded. Btw, the Sun Belt conference is considered one of the top 10 womens basketball conferences in the country. Western Kentucky plays in the Sun Belt. If you are familiar with the Lady Highlanders, they have been to numerous final fours, almost every NCAA tourney, and so forth. But, Im not here to educate the not so informed. Its not my job. MTSU will be a top 20 progam under Insell. He's that great of a coach & will bring in top recruiting classes on a yearly basis. I do understand there is some jealousy based off his Shelbyville teams and AAU programs. Like hm or not, he's a bigtime winnner.

Also, the reference of living in the past. Congrats to AC. They snapped OS's 11 game winning streak by a mere 4 points. Im happy this one sided rivalry has become more competitive. It was looking at AC on the schedule and marking it as an automatic W.

Oh my, you did it again. Why don't you tell us all about how great you were in high school (if you played). We would love to read about that just about as much as we love to read what you have to say about the past accomplishments of OS. I am sure the fine young ladies at OS would like to be remembered for their accomplishments (and they certainly will have some).

I truely want OS to have a great deal of success. They were impressive both on the court and off. I will cheer for them except when they play AC.

I hope my spelling and grammer are acceptable for you.

Shock It To Me!

Region Two may be alot more competitive than pre-season prognosticators thought. Many across the state thought that Austin East was the only Boro worthy team in the East. Now as we head into the Christmas break, Region Two has several teams on the radar. Seymour has beaten the Roadrunners. Loudon is playing very well with their only loss to date in a hall of fame game against Elizabethton. Anderson County has beated the mighty OZ in their lair. Fulton is no pushover. Region One also has several teams capable of finding their way to Murphy Athletic Center in March.

OS91/English Professor

I like it. What kind of person gets on Coach T and worries about there grammer. Maybe someone that just got handed a lose and couldn't brag on his Lady Bobcats. You LOST!! Forget about the past just like High Voltage said, and just thank TSSAA you are in Single A school now. By the way after you get beat dont go complaining about how many students you have. However, you did have me feeling sorry for ya. Congrats to the Lady Mavs for the win over that little Single A team that was just over matched on Fiday night. REMINDER please no more post unless you are going to be prcise on your grammer and spelling. Didn't know GRAMMER was such a big deal down in OZ. MTSU top 20 you will never see that. Never. Funny what a lose can do to someone!

Sorry I have to add this because I did not see the dumb statement about numerous final fours. Yeah numerous alright 1985 and 1986 they made it to the final four. What is your definition of numerous and do you think before you make these crazy post? 2 NCAA Final Fours almost 20 years ago. I am laughing as I make this post because I am thinking of some of the stupid things you have been saying on here. You have it all when it comes down to it. Your the Coach T B-BALL HISTORY TEACHER and the Coach T ENGLISH TEACHER you have it all. CONGRATS

Western Kentucky is 8-1 currently. The Lady Hilltopers have wins over SEC Akransas, National Power Lousiania Tech ( you might have heard of them if anywhere near being astute on major college basketballas you PRETEND), NCAAtourney regular Louisville from the Big East, and a win over a solid program in Charotte from Atlantic 10.

You might want to check Western Kentucky's past seasons. You will clearly see this is a typical season for them. Even though teams like SW Missouri State ( now Missouri State) , Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, and Lousiania Tech don't play in the Major 8 conferences ( ie Big East, SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac-10, MWC, & Atlantic 10), doesn't mean they arent a national power. The four above schools mentioned can play with most anyone on a yearly basis and their history has shown this.

One a side note, Its kinda comical to discussing college athletics with some people people from Tennessee that rarely travel outside East Tennessee except for a four day excursion to Myrtle Beach.

If a team doesn't play in the SEC, they are typically some of the most ignorant and uninformed sports people in the United States when it comes to non-SEC teams. That is the national perception of fans of the SEC ( not all of them, but the majority).

Regarding MTSU becoming a national power, its obvious you have vision issues from your posts to date. Insell wins at everything he does. That isn't an opinion. That is a fact. Also, his first recruiting class he nabbed not only Stewert ( from Oak Ridge a top 8-15 High School Recruit in the country), but a couple other players who are ranked as top 50-75 recruits in the country that were being recruited BY many powers. If you think Insell is done recruiting top players in the country, you are sorely mistaken. This is just the begining of a power being built in Mboro. Insell will play a national bigtime schedule before conference play. This year he already has high profile teams that are even playing at MTSU for 1-1's. I doubt any of this makes sense to you and what kind of foundation is being layed that will propell MTSU into a national womens basketball school. From reading your posts, Im not certain you get many things beyone a 20 mile radius of the sunsphere.

Lesson Over.

Edited by OS91

Dear Professor OZ,

What is basketballas? I realize that you are intellectually superior to the SEC fans in East Tennessee. Would you please not use such big words?

If I may point out one small mistake in your previous post; SEC fans are not ignorant of other basketball programs outside of the SEC, we are just not interested. Once you've seen the best, why look at the rest.

You are absolutely amazing. Is there anything that you don't know about?

English, History, and now you are an expert prognosticator.

Let me try to make a bold prediction like you do:

"The Houston Texans will go undefeated and win the Super Bowl next year".

Shock It To Me!