Portland

HAD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to break it to ya 2Priceless Cowan is interviewing for jobs! and if people find out how good he is you guys won't be keeping him

I will say this then in hopes that Coach Cowan reads the T:

Coach Cowan is an excellent , enthusiastic, and highly motivated young coach. We appreciate everything he does at Oakland and would like him to continue to be a part of our rise back to the top. I know Coach Cowan is a highly religious man, and if it is in GOD's plan to take him from us....let him know that he is loved at OHS and will be greatly missed. We are grateful for his time with us, and I am praying that his time isn't over yet.

Calvin Short was never the head coach at Portland, he was a principal for a short time.

Calvin coached at Gallatin until 1993.

Roger Perry came to Portland in the early 1990s. Prior to that, Joey Venable was the head coach of the Panthers, but I'm not sure for how many years. Portland, however, was not a powerhouse underneath him, including eight straight losses at one time to White House.

Venable has remained an assistant, but who knows if he would ever take, or be offered, the job again.