Mid South Classic

Stone Age

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any info on White County's 1st opponent Tupelo, MS? I know they won the state championship about 3 years ago, but don't know anything about this years team. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

The Lady Wave have had an impressive start with a 7- 2 record with wins over IAHS, South Panola, New Albany, and two wins in a tournament in Columbia, TN. Key players for the Lady Wave have been junior standout Katie Hancock, center, Brooke Collins, and shooting guard Wendy Copeland.

Games @ Cookeville High School

1:00 Grundy County vs Forrest Girls

2:30 Franklin Co vs Hickman Co Boys

4:00 Livingston vs Forrest Boys

5:30 Cookeville vs Lawrence Co Boys Semi-Finals

7:00 Cookeville vs Cumberland Co Girls

8:30 Madison Academy vs Coffee Co Boys

Game @ Jackson County High School

2:30 Clarkrange vs Madison Academy Girls

4:00 Oliver Springs vs White County Girls

5:30 Shelbyville vs White County Boys Semi-Finals

7:00 Jackson County vs Livingston Girls Semi-Finals

8:30 Jackson County vs Cumberland Co Boys

Games @ Upperman High School

2:30 Dekalb Co vs Rossview Boys

4:00 Franklin Co vs Tupelo Girls

5:30 Upperman vs Brentwood Academy Girls Semi-Finals

7:00 Farrgut vs Coffee Co Girls

8:30 Clarkrange vs Wayne Co, KY Boys

Thursday @ Jackson County High School

12:00 Girls Championship

1:30 Boys Championship

I am never ceased to be amazed by some people on here!

It really does not matter if someone is in A, AA, or AAA when it comes to playing girls basketball in the state of Tennessee, especially if we are talking about Middle Tennessee girls basketball. If you don't believe me, look at the teams in this Classic for the remainder of the year.

Go count up how many state championship appearances and victories there are in the past decade. That is part of the reason this is such a great tourney. It doesn't matter what a team's record is! What matters is who they have played and how prepared a team is when it all really matters!! A great example is the Livingston football team. What? 5 losses. They can't be very good! HOW WRONG WERE ALL THE TEAMS IN LA'S PATH THIS YEAR??!!??

Let's see how many state championship winners there are in this Classic. Jackson Co? Yep! Livingston? Yep! Clarkrange? Yep! I can go on and on.This Classic is all about playing the best teams available to get you ready for the rest of the year. This Classic will always separate the contenders from the pretenders. It also shows you what you need to know and do to become a contender. Listen to your coaches and give everything you've got, girls.

Best of luck to everyone involved!!

I am never ceased to be amazed by some people on here!

It really does not matter if someone is in A, AA, or AAA when it comes to playing girls basketball in the state of Tennessee, especially if we are talking about Middle Tennessee girls basketball. If you don't believe me, look at the teams in this Classic for the remainder of the year.

Go count up how many state championship appearances and victories there are in the past decade. That is part of the reason this is such a great tourney. It doesn't matter what a team's record is! What matters is who they have played and how prepared a team is when it all really matters!! A great example is the Livingston football team. What? 5 losses. They can't be very good! HOW WRONG WERE ALL THE TEAMS IN LA'S PATH THIS YEAR??!!??

Let's see how many state championship winners there are in this Classic. Jackson Co? Yep! Livingston? Yep! Clarkrange? Yep! I can go on and on.This Classic is all about playing the best teams available to get you ready for the rest of the year. This Classic will always separate the contenders from the pretenders. It also shows you what you need to know and do to become a contender. Listen to your coaches and give everything you've got, girls.

Best of luck to everyone involved!!

Great post CoachMax. It was nice to have met you last night and like we talked about before the game, what everyone will remember will be who won the Gold. Cumberland County has a great team and should definately have a good shot at getting to Murphreesboro this year. #11 has got to be one of the fastest girls i have ever seen. They have all the ingredients they need with size, speed and athletic ability to win it all. Good luck the rest of the way! :thumb:

Hey fanatic! Wish I could have been there tonight. Jackson Co. down there is about as hard as it gets!

I just wish I could have seen our Lady Jets tonight. Beating Cookeville by 33 AT COOKEVILLE should send some shockwaves thru the state. I just wish whatever Coach Smith said before the game, he could can and bring it out before EVERY GAME!

I was wondering how the Lady Jets would take losing to a good Jackson County team. I guess I got my answer BIGTIME!! Keep it up, Lady Jets!!

Now- On to Kentucky!!