Harrison Smith All American

cherries

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good back! and i really liked him and thought he was a class act till i watched him in the 3rd round of the playoffs....had a great game and great season coming to an end and LA was taken a knee and the kid flys over the pill tryin to hurt some one bc his season was over! he got kicked out and i lost all my respect for this kid after that ONE PLAY! but good job son you do deserve this so good luck and represent the best region in the state! 2-3A!

thats unfair, what he did was completely legit he didnt lead with his head, he didnt get up fighting, and he wasnt offsides. you should see what your talking about before you spread crap like that

thats unfair, what he did was completely legit he didnt lead with his head, he didnt get up fighting, and he wasnt offsides. you should see what your talking about before you spread crap like that

If it was legit why was he ejected then. I was at the game and the last 40 secs. of the game seemed to take forever. As a matter of fact I was right behind LA's bench and 20 yards from the action. Catholic was really dejected by the loss and I can understand how they feel. I'm sure they felt like they had the best team on paper but on the field the Cats wanted it more. They were jumping off sides and doing whatever to prolong the end. Smith dove over the center and tried to hit Cates but Reeder and Vaughn met him in mid-air. For that Smith was ejected.

I have nothing but respect for coach Pemberton and the Irish. They play the game as good as anybody I've seen in High School. Smith is just a tremendous talent and I look forward to see him play LA on our field. I'm sure Catholic and the others in Region 2 really want a chance to revenge their loss to LA. But don't think it will be easy b/c it won't. We may not win many games this year but it won't be b/c of our effort. We will give as good as we get and you can take that however you want.

No i do know for a fact! He didnt get ejected for jumpen over the pile he got ejected for cursing the ref! the ref flagged him for it which is what the ref is suppose to do and told him not to jump the pile again and smith replied, "il do w\e the F*** i want too" and the ref threw another flag and said well you'll have to do it from the sidelines bc your out of here! i played in that game!

No i do know for a fact! He didnt get ejected for jumpen over the pile he got ejected for cursing the ref! the ref flagged him for it which is what the ref is suppose to do and told him not to jump the pile again and smith replied, "il do w\e the F*** i want too" and the ref threw another flag and said well you'll have to do it from the sidelines bc your out of here! i played in that game!

Well which is it. In your earlier post you say he was ejected for that one play and you lost all respect for him after that one play b/c he was trying to hurt someone. It had to be for that reason or like you said cussing the ref.

Anyway whatever the reason he won't be available to the Irish until the third game this next season. I believe he got a 2 game suspension if I'm not mistaken.

He didn't get ejected from the game. The ref made him sit out because he said he was going to jump over the pile again and the refs didn't want that to happen anymore. They just said he needed to leave the field. He isn't missing any games next year because he was ready to appeal if they filed a complaint to the TSSAA but the refs never did. Way to go on the scholarship offer!

Edited by POINTMAN22

I do not believe that is Fair! Brandon Warren got ejected for spinning the football after a tough catch and this kid dont get ejected for cursing the ref? and trien to take someone out? Warren done nothing wrong! there is nothing wrong wit celebration in my opion! should make the other team want to hit him harder but HS tried to take Cates out! but Vaughn and Reeder took care of him! NOT FAIR IF YOU ASK ME? privates gettin the edge?

Is this a joke??? He only ran for 300 yards against you all...could have had more if there wasnt a 60 yard run called back!!!He also had a pick on Defense, I can't believe you just said that running riot you usually are really complementative towards Catholic. He is obviously talented enough if Coach Weis called him before any other prospect when he was allowed to call Juniors.

It's commendable that you are being very supportive of your friend. I agree with you that Harrison is a great player and top-notch athlete. He stood out among his peers in Little League, and has continued to rise to the top.

Be careful, though, when stating things that you "know." If my information is correct, NCAA does not allow coaches to call players in their junior year until May, and then they can only make one call. This may be wrong, and if so, I apologize. Schools could officially contact players by mail Sept. 1 of their junior year. Players can call a coach at any time - perfectly legal.

I know you would not want to jeopardize your friend's recruitment, so just check the facts before making statements.

It was a "text"...I'm sorry not a call oh well...sure is hard being the little guy on here that can never prove anyone wrong...right???

Again, be careful of what you are saying. You have changed your story from the absolutely certain first phone call to, now, a text. However, if you will go to NCAA.org, you will find that "no direct communication" with a junior may be initiated by a college coach until May, when a phone call is permitted. College coaches may directly contact the high school coach at any time, and may write to juniors after Sept. 1.

Any text received by a junior from a college coach was in response to a text sent originally by the player to the coach - if it is a permitted communication.

All this to say - not trying to "prove you wrong" in the least! Just trying to make sure no one who has read your post has the impression that Coach Weiss "called Harrison first before any other player". Coach Weiss and Notre Dame University ae being presented as not following the rules by your remarks. Harrison is a tremendously gifted athlete who will certainly be recruited heavily. Continue to support him and cheer him on, but use caution when stating what "you know for sure."

OK OK to please you...I'm not Harrison therefore I do not know EXACTLY how everything went down...but with everything I know and have been around either Harrison texted a GA or a GA texted him...AND to clarify it was NOT to offer Harrison a scholarship it was to set up a visit. I do know for a fact that Harrison Smith and Charlie Wiess have had direct contact...