Harrison Smith All American

cherries

yes 300 agaisnt us SCOTT HIGH! 5 Sophmores and 2 freshman on D Ray Charles could have that many yards. Wesley Smith had 325 against fulton :rolleyes: but anyways i am not taking anything away from him he is an AWESOME player but not ND material. Catholic will be tough for the next 2 years i know for sure cause ive personally played agaisnt the junior class that is coming up. They are good we should have some good games our SR year Cherries if u are a Junior coming up next year?

well i dont think they were invited to the all-american combine but i do know that brandon is the number 2 ranked player in the country at his position and the number 20 ranked player overall by rivals and number 1 ranked at his position and 11th overall by espn so i guess he can play a little bit. By this time last year brandon was already offered by notre dame and just about everyone else in the country over 70 offers. Dustin was an early verbal but he was offered by ut, clemson, louisville and others. Harrison isnt even the best junior in this area. That notre dame offer hes waiting on Rae sykes has already got one from them, along with nc state, florida state, tennessee, lsu, v-tech. Kyrus lanxter who is also a junior from this area has already been offered by louisville, west virginia, minn. and nc state is pretty close too. tyler maples is unreal at maryville and hes D-1, dennis rogan is also a very good back and is the best in 3A. shiverdecker did play behind a tb that was ranked in the nation and still had 1100 yds 10.3 p/c and 25 total tds, not bad. Now im sure harrison smith can play but dont get carried away comparing him to other guys cause they didnt get invited to a combine. I know that these guys will be playing d-1 somewhere

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont think they were invited to the all-american combine but i do know that brandon is the number 2 ranked player in the country at his position and the number 20 ranked player overall by rivals and number 1 ranked at his position and 11th overall by espn so i guess he can play a little bit. By this time last year brandon was already offered by notre dame and just about everyone else in the country over 70 offers. Dustin was an early verbal but he was offered by ut, clemson, louisville and others. Harrison isnt even the best junior in this area. That notre dame offer hes waiting on Rae sykes has already got one from them, along with nc state, florida state, tennessee, lsu, v-tech. Kyrus lanxter who is also a junior from this area has already been offered by louisville, west virginia, minn. and nc state is pretty close too. tyler maples is unreal at maryville and hes D-1, dennis rogan is also a very good back and is the best in 3A. shiverdecker did play behind a tb that was ranked in the nation and still had 1100 yds 10.3 p/c and 25 total tds, not bad. Now im sure harrison smith can play but dont get carried away comparing him to other guys cause they didnt get invited to a combine. I know that these guys will be playing d-1 somewhere

OK I'll agree with this and I also will say I like this post , but no I'm not doubting Brandon or anyones ability I'm just proving a point to TOM I know all the rankings and everything like that. I also think that theyve all earned their scholarships.

Running riot we will meet don't worry

Your a character cherries. First off, Brandon and Duck did get invited to go to the combine actually, plus very many more, out of the many they went too, they chose not go to some as well. Brandon, even got invited to the U.S. Army All- American game, you know the one on NBC.

You can call me stupid or whatever you want, but you just need to look at yourself. You're pretty much arguing to me and saying that Harrison Smith is in the same league as Brandon, (#3 ranked athlete in the nation), and Duck, (#32 ranked RB in the nation).

Why do I argue with you, I'm an idiot, and you said yourself that you knew all the rankings. Hey, you ever considered taking a job at Rivals and ranking all the players? I think you'd get the respect of everyone, that's for sure. But hey, talk to this idiot next year when Smith isn't at a big time D-1 school like you think he'll be.

Your a character cherries. First off, Brandon and Duck did get invited to go to the combine actually, plus very many more, out of the many they went too, they chose not go to some as well. Brandon, even got invited to the U.S. Army All- American game, you know the one on NBC.

You can call me stupid or whatever you want, but you just need to look at yourself. You're pretty much arguing to me and saying that Harrison Smith is in the same league as Brandon, (#3 ranked athlete in the nation), and Duck, (#32 ranked RB in the nation).

Why do I argue with you, I'm an idiot, and you said yourself that you knew all the rankings. Hey, you ever considered taking a job at Rivals and ranking all the players? I think you'd get the respect of everyone, that's for sure. But hey, talk to this idiot next year when Smith isn't at a big time D-1 school like you think he'll be.

All right I wasn't sure if either or had been/gotten invitede, now I know. Tom what is your reasoning in saying he won/t be a D1 recruit?? The hand written letters, calls, places hes been invited too, size 6'3 215!!(dominating at what position CB!!!!)speed (legit 4.5 been timed faster but no way it's legit) strength, intelligence, great kid doesn't get tossed from games!!!!! will have no problem what so ever qualifying like some!!!! C'mon TOM what's your deal?

You know this for sure? Did Coach Weis tell you this? There's hundred's and hundred's of juniors nationwide better than him, and I know that Coach Weis would talk to them first. Like Jimmy Clausen, for example; he's one of the top players in the nation for next year, and he's getting heavily recruited by Notre Dame; and you're going to sit here and tell me that Smith is getting more interest than Jimmy Clausen by Notre Dame?

Look, I'm not bashing the kid; he'll be one of the better backs in East Tennessee next year, but he will not end up at Notre Dame or any other big conference school like Florida or anyone like that. I CAN picture him somewhere like Carson- Newman or Tusculum, but definitely not Notre Dame.

Last sentence TOM....I'm 100 percent on this one, and Carson-Newman and Tusculum are D2. BUT I'm glad to hear you think he will atleast go D1 now...How have you seen him play if you go to all the coa games??

I said I can see him somewhere like Carson-Newman or Tusculum. When someone says that, that usually means they can go there and excel. I do believe if he went to a small D-1 school, (Marshall, UAB, MTSU, etc..), then he might get a little PT, but somewhere like ND, he'd never see the field.

BTW, I saw him on T.V. against Fulton. He is a good player.

I said I can see him somewhere like Carson-Newman or Tusculum. When someone says that, that usually means they can go there and excel. I do believe if he went to a small D-1 school, (Marshall, UAB, MTSU, etc..), then he might get a little PT, but somewhere like ND, he'd never see the field.

BTW, I saw him on T.V. against Fulton. He is a good player.

And that performance wasn't enough for you to think hes D1????

MR. FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

I will have to agree with Tom .. I was at both Alcoa and Fulton , both Fulton and Catholic games .. HS is a fine player .. be beat Fulton who had a better team than Catholic with 2 plays in the 4th quarter of the playoff game .. and it still baffles me why Fulton did not have him double covered on the play at the end of the game ,,but anyway .... I have seen Brandon Warren and Dustin Lindsey play quite a bit ... HS is a fine athelete but in no way is in a class with the Alcoa players .... I think Dennis Rogan at Fulton is the best returning RB in this area and I have to say that including Chris Sheverdecker ... against Fulton he didnt do much .. he didnt have to Fulton 's young QB's were giving it to Alcoa .. But Tom I agree with you HS could play at a lower D1 school and probably be a good player ..ND no way ...

Once again, maybe small D-1, but not as big as you think. He's not in the same league as Brandon Warren, Lee Smith, and Dustin Lindsey.

Who can prepare to any of those players ? Surely no one around these parts. Alcoa is the only school that has such talented players. Yeah right!! I've seen Alcoa play and yes they have a good team with loads of talent. But I have seen Smith play 2 0r 3 games and I had rather have him as anyone of your players. He plays hard every down on both sides of the ball.

If any of your players had Smith's heart they would just skip college and move on into the pros. I think he will play at the next level it may not be Notre Dame but it will be somewhere and not Carson Newman. Like I said he has more heart than any of your players and that's goes a long way with scout's and the way they rate a player. Not a player that has loads of talent and thinks that somebody owes them something.

Edited by Rocking Chair

I think Dennis Rogan at Fulton is just as good if not better than H. Smith abd C.Shiverdecker ...... thoughts ??????

Rogan is no doubt a great rb but that's about as far as it goes. Just because someone is fast don't make them a good player. Believe me it helps to have speed but if your not physical then your just another player.

Harrison Smith don't have blazing speed but he is so tough physically and plays hard every down . There is no comparison between Rogan and Smith. I had much rather have Smith b/c he is not only good offensively but will crack your head on defense.

As for Shiverdecker I have only seen him play once and he is a great athlete and should have a good season next year.

Edited by Rocking Chair