Morristown West

EveryonesFan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morristown west wont be as good in 06 as they were in 05 they lose 30 something seniors and most starters were seniors

i will agree west wil not be as strong but they will always be a good football team.but who will be the team to look for in 06'.at east we only lose 4 players that are going to be hard to be replace. with everyone else returning. and our running back is back and will only be a jr. and as a sophmore he was up there with hicks and ewing so watch out for him and our defensive side will also be pretty strong. but what is everyone elses opinion on who will be the team in the imac in the 06 season

i will agree west wil not be as strong but they will always be a good football team.but who will be the team to look for in 06'.at east we only lose 4 players that are going to be hard to be replace. with everyone else returning. and our running back is back and will only be a jr. and as a sophmore he was up there with hicks and ewing so watch out for him and our defensive side will also be pretty strong. but what is everyone elses opinion on who will be the team in the imac in the 06 season

Greeneville should be pretty good :thumb:

players and talent help only so much. the coaching at morristown west is above the rest. and west has most of there defense back, a defense harldy anyone in the imac scored more than 2 touchdowns on. greeneville didnt score any on them. and had 0 rushing yards, ouch.

Edited by TrojanOT50

Ok everyone always says that east is going to be better, we hear it every year and every year east proves to be the same team. They should be better next year but will not compete for the imac title. And i have to agree the coaching at west is heads and shoulders above any other team in the imac and that should make the difference in 06

• 3 months later...

players and talent help only so much. the coaching at morristown west is above the rest. and west has most of there defense back, a defense harldy anyone in the imac scored more than 2 touchdowns on. greeneville didnt score any on them. and had 0 rushing yards, ouch.

You're freakin funny man. Can't believe ya won't be a Trojan next year. Maybe I'll end up goin to GWU, too, and I'll be able to watch you play some. Trojans will be good next year. Defense should be stout. Dunno bout the offense though.

If you look at the FRAC as a whole....

West is still the team to beat (and likely has the inside track to play Maryville in the semifinals; as usual)...

From there, it may be a crapshoot.

I would think Greeneville would return to a competitive level, but while they gain expereience all across the board - they lose some experience at skill positions.

I think Boone will experience some dropoff. They were Sky Hicks last year, and I'm not sure they can regain the season they had in 2005.

East is always a questionmark. Seems like when they are supposed to be down, they are good and vice-versa. Will be interesting to see how Hatcher does.

Cherokee? They are always tough and competitive. And always field a respectable team based on smash-mouth football. I think their production will depend on their running game opening things up for their new QB.

Volunteer should be improved - but how much?

Cocke County could be a wildcard. After a few bad seasons (and still they competed - mostly in the 2004 season) they've got a new coach who's been recruiting guys willing to play and supposedly has around 50-60 players, not counting incoming frosh. Also, his son plays QB and completed 75% of his passes and threw for 800 yards at Mt Juliet in 8 games (which is about as good, if not better than any Five Rivers QB in 2005 through 8 games).

Crockett again will bring up the rear.

We will know in week 5 when Knox West comes to town. They hung 38 in the overtime game last year that Morr. West won 41-38. The defense better be tough because, from what I understand, Knox West returns all RB's and Receivers from that game. Knox West isn't Maryville but they should be good next year.

Also, Morristown West doesn't play anybody until that game. They should be 4-0 unless Swain Co., NC has something for them. Knox West will be the first real challenge.