Pickett Co. @ Clay Co.

Dawg05

I think I have a good idea of who it is. It seems that alot of people are getting on under different names and then taking up for themselves on their other name. How lame is that right Devil :unsure: Devil or Ron whichever one you respond under this time its no big secret especially when your talking about doing this and even told your new name at a basketball tourney last week. Good effort though, kinda lame but oh well look who were talking about :D .

So Devil is bustin chops about changin names when he has actually done it himself?!?! :) Ol hipocrite himself.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett is much better than expected, but if Clay Co. doesn't win by the 30-40 points Devil has been quoting since last summer, then Clay isn't the team he claims them to be. Did Walden play against Pope John Paul II in that LOSS? Oh, that's right, that game was a game which never happened. Also, yes, Clay beat Pickett Co. last year, but NOT when it really counted...Pickett won and went on to the state, Clay stayed home. They are still mad, but beating our sophs, won't make up for that loss. This is a different Pickett team and I am counting on your seniors to win by 40 like you've boasted all year. Also, just like Clay has had off games, so did Pickett at Jackson Co. They'll beat Jackson Co. at home.

Heard about it at the Nera White tourney last week and he even said he was going to use the name Ron Burgandy. I may be wrong it may be someone else but alot of signs are pointing toward him. :rolleyes:

No this is not devilfanatic, not sure why you guys try to imply stuff like that. I do know the guy though very well. Smallin1way i know who you are too!

hey...heres an idea...how bout somebody say something about the game, a prediction a comment about the game...something...i could careless who ronn burgandy is or how many ppl use different names...im interested in what people have to say about this game since i dont get to watch these two teams....these two teams are very good and i want to know something about them..but instead i get on here and see everyone making immature pointless comments that mean nothing to anyone but themselves...so please will someone get back to talking about the game :rolleyes:

Last comment i'm making outside of talking about this game. I have never had another name on this website and won't have. All i ask is that because everyone knows me and my name, i have no problem with you talking about me, just leave my boys out of it. You can say whatever you want about me and thats fine, i'm a man and i don't hide behind a name. Ok now then on with the game time talk

I know Pickett Co. has Roddy, Capps and Wright, but who are the other starters on this team and how deep does Pickett go? None of these players started last year but i know they have all played alot, especially in AAU. I'm anxious to see how deep Pickett Co.'s bench is. Jake Hewitt stepped up big last weekend for Clay Co. in the championship game and i made the comment that he was the player of the game. Hopefully he can continue to do that as that gives Clay County added depth down low. Right now Clay goes about 7 to 8 deep, without losing alot, what about Pickett Co.?

Cully Rep

Junkies Keys to the Game :

If PC can control the boards and limit CC to one shot one the offensive end....they will give themselves a chance of winning the game. PC must try to limit unforced turnovers and make sure that they get the most out of every possesion as every posession will be critical. PC must stay out of foul trouble because I'm not sure they have the depth they need to compete if their post players (Roddy,Capps) get into trouble (especially early).

All the Clay County kids have had this game circled like DF has allready pointed out on this thread. I think the key for Coach Edward's squad is to channel all the emotion they are going to play with into positive energy. CC's slashers (Godwin and Kerr) must continue to make plays on drives and finish when they make it to the rack. This will open up their inside game when "help" comes from the weakside. Rich could be dominant if PC has to continually help on drive situations. Clay also shoots lots of three pointers with a great deal of long rebounds to the weakside (opposite where the shot came from)....if Clay can continually get put backs or 2nd chance opportunities....it could be a long ride back to Pickett Countyfor the Bobcats.

Should be a great high school basketball game...good luck to both teams.

Last comment i'm making outside of talking about this game. I have never had another name on this website and won't have. All i ask is that because everyone knows me and my name, i have no problem with you talking about me, just leave my boys out of it. You can say whatever you want about me and thats fine, i'm a man and i don't hide behind a name. Ok now then on with the game time talk

I know Pickett Co. has Roddy, Capps and Wright, but who are the other starters on this team and how deep does Pickett go? None of these players started last year but i know they have all played alot, especially in AAU. I'm anxious to see how deep Pickett Co.'s bench is. Jake Hewitt stepped up big last weekend for Clay Co. in the championship game and i made the comment that he was the player of the game. Hopefully he can continue to do that as that gives Clay County added depth down low. Right now Clay goes about 7 to 8 deep, without losing alot, what about Pickett Co.?

i wanna ask you what type of game clay co. plays what kind of size they have...i dont get to see these teams play so any info would be helpful :rolleyes:

Cully Rep

If PC can control the boards and limit CC to one shot one the offensive end....they will give themselves a chance of winning the game. PC must try to limit unforced turnovers and make sure that they get the most out of every possesion as every posession will be critical. PC must stay out of foul trouble because I'm not sure they have the depth they need to compete if their post players (Roddy,Capps) get into trouble (especially early).

All the Clay County kids have had this game circled like DF has allready pointed out on this thread. I think the key for Coach Edward's squad is to channel all the emotion they are going to play with into positive energy. CC's slashers (Godwin and Kerr) must continue to make plays on drives and finish when they make it to the rack. This will open up their inside game when "help" comes from the weakside. Rich could be dominant if PC has to continually help on drive situations. Clay also shoots lots of three pointers with a great deal of long rebounds to the weakside (opposite where the shot came from)....if Clay can continually get put backs or 2nd chance opportunities....it could be a long ride back to Pickett Countyfor the Bobcats.

thanks alot...got a prediction on the score??

Pickett is much better than expected, but if Clay Co. doesn't win by the 30-40 points Devil has been quoting since last summer, then Clay isn't the team he claims them to be. Did Walden play against Pope John Paul II in that LOSS? Oh, that's right, that game was a game which never happened. Also, yes, Clay beat Pickett Co. last year, but NOT when it really counted...Pickett won and went on to the state, Clay stayed home. They are still mad, but beating our sophs, won't make up for that loss. This is a different Pickett team and I am counting on your seniors to win by 40 like you've boasted all year. Also, just like Clay has had off games, so did Pickett at Jackson Co. They'll beat Jackson Co. at home.

A win is a win my friend, you don't get extra points for beating someone by more points. Just because someone says they'll win by 30 or 40 doesn't mean a thing. Its a prediction by someone sitting in the stands! :rolleyes:

Cully Rep

Excellent post!! I'm anxious to see how well Pickett Co. can handle the press. I have heard they press alot and if they do, it should be a long night against Clay County's talented trio of guards. (Walden,Godwin, Ferrell). I'll go one more, if Kerr is knocking down the 3 like he has been it should open up Rich down on the low post. I would like to see Clay County go inside more as i don't think Pickett can handle him one on one. Clay needs to be aware of Wright as the kid can flat out shoot the rock. :rolleyes:

Pickett's other starters are Brent Logan who can handle the ball and is a very good 3 point shooter. James Gibson is also a very good three point shooter and is a solid player. Pickett doesn't have the depth Clay Co. has. Sounds like Devil is backing off his 40 point win prediction.

That might have a been a stretch i'll admit it. Actually i don't think Coach Edwards would beat them that bad if they could and i'm not saying they can so lets don't run away with that statement. Him and Bibb are good friends so i don't see that happening on either side of the ball. Should be an interesting match up then with those guards vs Clay's guards.