cocke co football

notright

i was afraid of that being a problem. i cant see how cocke county will get an established coach with our pay scale being so low. well i hope it works out with one of the other canidates. you guys deserve to have a coach ASAP get ready for spring and to get out there and get some kids out to play. well keep us up to date and if i hear anything i will lwt you know.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a person is attempting to get rich in the teaching/coaching field their plain looney.

You got into to this business to give back to the children & community. I teach & coach and can make a comfortable living. So if your here trying to make big bucks in HS coaching you better rethink your priorities. Those coaches need to take their talents to the next level College if they plan on making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I checked the pay scales for your area with my exp. for the folks you generally compete against.

Cocke Co[40,060] jefferson Co [39,760] hawkins Co [40,005] hamblen co[41,600]

washington [42,500] greeneville [44,660] sevier [42,600]. Do know that Cocke pays on a % of base salary and some of these just pay a flat scale like 4,000 or higher some lower i guess.

So pay shouldn't be a big issue unless a new coach wants to shake down a booster club or county. If he's that GOOD give him directions to GA. or TX. they'll pay but U better produce ASAP.

i was afraid of that being a problem. i cant see how cocke county will get an established coach with our pay scale being so low. well i hope it works out with one of the other canidates. you guys deserve to have a coach ASAP get ready for spring and to get out there and get some kids out to play. well keep us up to date and if i hear anything i will lwt you know.

if the schedule is still the same as it was a week or two ago, a coach should be named this week or next week. the schedule may change some since the leading candidate is out now. need to get a guy named here in at least 3 weeks though so we can have some spring practice with some participation. i heard the guy from south carolina had a kid that was a pretty good quarterback too that would have helped

if the schedule is still the same as it was a week or two ago, a coach should be named this week or next week. the schedule may change some since the leading candidate is out now. need to get a guy named here in at least 3 weeks though so we can have some spring practice with some participation. i heard the guy from south carolina had a kid that was a pretty good quarterback too that would have helped

I dont look for anything to go down this week.

when they do name a coach will he be able to come in and take over things or will he have to wait because of jones still being under contract with the school

also just want to think coach shelton for the support hopefully both teams will have success this year how are you guys doing in the weight room

thanks cchs2 not sure who you are may have an idea. you and maybe 2 more people in this county think i am wishing the best for you all. most everyone thinks i am trying to recrute you all to come play for me. thats right i said the word RECRUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am about tired of it to. i want to help kids develop character, disipline, there abillities, and if the have the talent try to get them to the next level and more important a college education. i want my players and for that matter everyone to know i care about them and want the best for them. as for the new coach being able to get started. when he is hired i would say he will do what ever it takes to get started some how. even if he does not get to work in the school i am sure he will come in and get things rollin for you guys. he may himself have to fullfill some duties where he is currently. the main thing is getting someone hired. as for the weightroom we have anywhere from 25 to 30 working pretty hard. saturday we had 15 go to UT's strenth, speed and conditioning camp. for the summer we are going to be working hard i hope with everyone who meets all the requirements getting there name on there jersy's for the 06 season. again best of luck.

coach shelton

how was the strength and conditioning clinic? a few of us went up there last year. the thing lasts too long though. i dont think u know me because i have never met you or anything before but i played the o line last year. when are youns gonna start spring practice and do u have any scrimmages lined up

cool cchs2, my guys loved the clinic. well i was not sure weather we had ever met. as for spring we are starting around the second week of may. we will have at least 2 scrimmages already lined up on may 12th and 29th on the hill (at cosby). you guys should know something by the end of next week about your new coach i hope. that is if nothing major happens. if they name a coach next week that would give him plenty of time to get spring practice schedualed. i am sure the canidates are probably planning on what they may do if they get the job. i know i would be.

shelton