Bradley at McMinn

haterofstupidity

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting game last night. I thought Bradley looked awful in the first half. McMinn got to every loose ball and were playing with confidence and purpose. And then the second half came and McMinn couldn't have beaten Bradley's JV team. No leadership. McMinn has some talent, they should be winning some games, but I have to agree with the first poster. I do not believe that the team is reaching its full potential. Usually that comes from a lack of good coaching. I am sure their coach knows the game.....he just doesn't seem to be a winner. Maybe it is time for a change. Blowing a 20 point lead halfway through the third quarter is unexceptable. This situation could get interesting.

Ogelsby drops 36...28 of them in the second half to lead bradley to a two point victory

Was that the only player for Bradley. 38 is pretty good, but I'll bet ther was some other players that maybe played defense, rebounded, and maybe scored coupla points. I thought I read where they scored 69 or 70. I'll bet Oglesby shot 30 time to get 38. He will not be able to do that at the next level. I have seen him play twice and he is great passer, good defense, lacks the size, but thinks he has to score to play at next level. That is about all the stats that are kept in the entire state of TN. His team would be much better if he would play an all around game.

There are cuople better percentage shooters on the team, but not enough shots to go around with one taking 30 to hit 10 or 12.

Well, i wouldn't say Oglesby lacks size, and definetly wouldn't say he's a good defender. He could get called for a hand check just about every time his man gets the ball. I also kinda doubt he shot 30 times. He was hittin everything, he was havin one of those nights where nobody could do anything to stop him.

Well, i wouldn't say Oglesby lacks size, and definetly wouldn't say he's a good defender. He could get called for a hand check just about every time his man gets the ball. I also kinda doubt he shot 30 times. He was hittin everything, he was havin one of those nights where nobody could do anything to stop him.

When your fading away after breaking someones ankles by going between legs and making the 3. I'd say your pretty much unstoppable on that night.

Old Coach....I agree that Bradley would be a much better team if everyone got involved. However, last night, Oglesby was the only player that showed up. Other players did not play defense because none was played on either side. I have been a critic of Oglesby's all year, but last night he single-handedly beat a team. I need to also add that McMinn should be ashamed of itself for letting one player beat them. The "other players" on BC had no business being in the game. They need to do a much better job is they want to win on Monday. As to how many shots Oglesby took, here are some stats.

He was 12-23 from the field. That's a little more than 50%. What I was impressed with was the fact that he was 9-13 in the second half, that includes going 5-7 in the final quarter. Oglesby does need to get everyone involved if they are to make a run. But last night he did what he needed to do to get his team a win against McMinn. Just my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

Old Coach....I agree that Bradley would be a much better team if everyone got involved. However, last night, Oglesby was the only player that showed up. Other players did not play defense because none was played on either side. I have been a critic of Oglesby's all year, but last night he single-handedly beat a team. I need to also add that McMinn should be ashamed of itself for letting one player beat them. The "other players" on BC had no business being in the game. They need to do a much better job is they want to win on Monday. As to how many shots Oglesby took, here are some stats.

He was 12-23 from the field. That's a little more than 50%. What I was impressed with was the fact that he was 9-13 in the second half, that includes going 5-7 in the final quarter. Oglesby does need to get everyone involved if they are to make a run. But last night he did what he needed to do to get his team a win against McMinn. Just my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

I think that when the ship is sinking you do whatever it takes to save everyone. If that means that you bail water when no one else will, then you bale your butt off. Sounds like T.O. did what he had to do to save the game. When it comes to winning district games on the road, anything goes and you do whatever it takes. On this night Bradley Central had what it took and the Cherokees came up a little short.

I also wish that folks would please back off the criticism of Coach Elliott. All the guy has done is pour his heart and soul into the McMinn County program for more years than anyone in the entire district, both as an assistant and as a head coach. He has a player from their program playing on one of the hottest teams in the nation (JuJuan Smith at UT) but everyone seems to forget everything but his losses. You have to have the talent along with the coaching to win. And this is absolutely no disrespect to the current players, but most times talent wins out over coaching.

Good luck to both of these great schools for the rest of the year!

I think that when the ship is sinking you do whatever it takes to save everyone. If that means that you bail water when no one else will, then you bale your butt off. Sounds like T.O. did what he had to do to save the game. When it comes to winning district games on the road, anything goes and you do whatever it takes. On this night Bradley Central had what it took and the Cherokees came up a little short.

I also wish that folks would please back off the criticism of Coach Elliott. All the guy has done is pour his heart and soul into the McMinn County program for more years than anyone in the entire district, both as an assistant and as a head coach. He has a player from their program playing on one of the hottest teams in the nation (JuJuan Smith at UT) but everyone seems to forget everything but his losses. You have to have the talent along with the coaching to win. And this is absolutely no disrespect to the current players, but most times talent wins out over coaching.

Good luck to both of these great schools for the rest of the year!

First of all, UT is by no means one of the hottest teams in the nation...everybody is acting like that since they beat Texas and a bunch of other nobodies that they are they are the greatest thing since the 3 point shot...second, they have blown numerous leads this year, which gives evidence to his bad coaching...not a lack of talent my friend, bad coaching...talent is no issue here, they have plenty of talent waiting to be harvested...he does not know how to harvest it...and when they had JaJuan, they were no different really...and since you're talkin about all these "good things" Coach Elliott has done, why don't you name some of them, besides JaJuan, because that was not his doing...

First of all, UT is by no means one of the hottest teams in the nation...everybody is acting like that since they beat Texas and a bunch of other nobodies that they are they are the greatest thing since the 3 point shot...second, they have blown numerous leads this year, which gives evidence to his bad coaching...not a lack of talent my friend, bad coaching...talent is no issue here, they have plenty of talent waiting to be harvested...he does not know how to harvest it...and when they had JaJuan, they were no different really...and since you're talkin about all these "good things" Coach Elliott has done, why don't you name some of them, besides JaJuan, because that was not his doing...

When JaJuan was there, he ran the show. He shot wherever and whenever he wanted and called the plays he though appropriate. I don't think thats good coaching, the coach should ALWAYS have control over his player. JaJuan lost soo many games for them by taking stupid 30 foot 3's. You'd think he'd sit him on the bench instead of just saying its alright, you'll hit it next time.