Grace v. Temple

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who takes this HUGE match-up?

Whoever comes ready to play. If Eldridge is hitting 3s left and right and everybody else from Grace is clickin, they will be hard to beat. But if Temple comes ready to play and keys on some things this week in practice ... they could take the win just as well. No Prediction ... but may the best team win. :(

Who takes this HUGE match-up?

I accept the fact that this is going to be a corny answer, but it's really is an easy one. The winner of this one is always the fans. Try to pick the winning team and you've got a 50% chance of being right. The past few years, the records go out the window - it is just some of the best and most exciting basketball there you can pay $5 to go see. The teams, the coaches, and both teams fans are into this game and the gym is full of energy. Even if you're not a Grace or Temple fan, if you like roundball, you need to catch this game.

I heard Grace played bad against Notre Dame and lost. If they play like they did against ND they will get beat if they play up to their potential its a toss up with Grace possibly edging out Temple if it is at Grace.

Grace's last five games have been against good basketball teams: Central, ND, Christian Heritage, McCallie and Temple. The last three were on consecutive nights in the Best of Preps tournament. The three teams Grace played on did not lose to anyone else in the tournament . Grace beat Temple after playing two late night games the two days before. Grace did not play their A game vs. Temple. The players were tanked but gutted it out for the victory. Temple's game will need to be a lot stronger if Grace plays to their potential. Grace has already beaten Temple with a sub par performance. I am not saying Temple cannot beat Grace, sometimes the opponent causes the sub par game. I just disagree that the game is a toss up only if Grace plays to their potential. The first qtr showed the potential of Grace before the legs gave out. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th showed the heart of this Golden Eagle team.

Grace's last five games have been against good basketball teams: Central, ND, Christian Heritage, McCallie and Temple. The last three were on consecutive nights in the Best of Preps tournament. The three teams Grace played on did not lose to anyone else in the tournament . Grace beat Temple after playing two late night games the two days before. Grace did not play their A game vs. Temple. The players were tanked but gutted it out for the victory. Temple's game will need to be a lot stronger if Grace plays to their potential. Grace has already beaten Temple with a sub par performance. I am not saying Temple cannot beat Grace, sometimes the opponent causes the sub par game. I just disagree that the game is a toss up only if Grace plays to their potential. The first qtr showed the potential of Grace before the legs gave out. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th showed the heart of this Golden Eagle team.

Be real.

You can say the same thing about Temple.

For those of us that have watched Temple play knows that they didn't play to their potential ("A game") either.

Look -- both of these teams are good.

I have no doubt that either team can beat the other on any given night.

So, don't get on here giving us all of this junk about having to play three games, the legs gave out, etc;

I mean, think about your logic.

What excuse do you use for the losses against Notre Dame and Central?

Did Grace have two consecutive late night games before these games?

Did their legs give out in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of those games?

Where was their heart in those two losses?

They obviously didn't have their "A Game" or play to their "potential", right?

So, get a different story.

SoccerPop, you are correct, the fans come out ahead in this series. It is a joy to watch.

As for not playing their "A" game, I think Grace played far below their potential against Notre Dame and Central. They played solid, but not great, against Temple.

In my opinion, Grace should have won by about 20.

As for Temple, they obviously don't have the talent Grace has and don't match up well with them. However, Temple is much better coached and more disciplined, so they will be in every game against Grace. If Grace's coach ever lets McMasters post up, Temple won't have much of a chance. Temple's only true scorer is Skogen (and boy did he hit some tough shots against Grace Saturday!). Unfortunately for Temple, Skogen will have to play at least that well EVERY game for them to have a chance.

Overall, a great series to watch and you always get your money's worth!

Be real.

You can say the same thing about Temple.

For those of us that have watched Temple play knows that they didn't play to their potential ("A game") either.

I was not commenting on Temple or the level of their play, only that Grace was way short of their usual abilities Look -- both of these teams are good.

I have no doubt that either team can beat the other on any given night.

So, don't get on here giving us all of this junk about having to play three games, the legs gave out, etc;

I guess that is why most major college teams like playing the extra night in conference tournaments. (not) I agree both teams are good but you are foolish to think the extra game (3 in less than 48 hrs) was not a huge disadvantage.

I mean, think about your logic.

What excuse do you use for the losses against Notre Dame and Central?

Did Grace have two consecutive late night games before these games?

Did their legs give out in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of those games?

Where was their heart in those two losses?

They obviously didn't have their "A Game" or play to their "potential", right?

I cannot speak about the Notre Dame game because I was not present but against Central the athleticism of the Central players proved to be a challange for the team. They battled hard but maybe they needed to learn how to play against very athletic teams. Central also beat the team that hung a loss on Temple.

So, get a different story.

I think I will stick to my story until proven wrong. Who knows it may be Friday.

Edited by heb12:2