Grace v. Temple

Sessie, you are a great player. I think you proved to everyone that you were the best out there. You are a great shooter.

Seth is a very good shooter. He doesnt miss that little pull up but im not sure he was the best out there. This may be a thing where Temple people say one thing Grace people say another but I think you could make a very good case that Van Horn was the best out there. Seth is a very good offensive player who can create his own shot. But when he scores he gets it at the top of the key gets iso and pulls up. I think the difference is that Van Horn makes his whole team better. Grace ticks off of Van Horn whether he scores 5 or 35. Last night both players carried their team through the second half, but it seems at points in the game Seth seems to go away and go a long time with out touching the ball. But the main difference I saw between the two was that Van Horn seemed to make the players around him better whereas Seth didnt as much. Now there is no way to really tell who the best out there was but Van Horn should at least be up for consideration. Also he shouldnt have fouled out. His fourth foul he got called on him for diving for a loose ball was on of the worst calls i have seen. So he should have played in the OT period.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main difference I saw between the two was that Van Horn seemed to make the players around him better whereas Seth didnt as much. Now there is no way to really tell who the best out there was but Van Horn . . . he shouldnt have fouled out. His fourth foul he got called on him for diving for a loose ball was on of the worst calls i have seen. So he should have played in the OT period.

I would agree with you that "Seth didn't as much".

This is definitely something he needs to work on.

As for the foul called on VanHorn, it wasn't the worst call of the night. There were a couple of calls that were pretty bad in my mind. One was when Carter went up and grabbed the ball after a free throw which was still above the cylinder. The other was the foul callled on Josh Smith that should have been a jump ball.

I would agree with you that "Seth didn't as much".

This is definitely something he needs to work on.

As for the foul called on VanHorn, it wasn't the worst call of the night. There were a couple of calls that were pretty bad in my mind. One was when Carter went up and grabbed the ball after a free throw which was still above the cylinder. The other was the foul callled on Josh Smith that should have been a jump ball.

I was sitting with a bunch of unbiased college basketball players and college basketball coach and they couldnt believe a foul was called. As for the thing called on Smith I know Temple wanted a jump ball but i had a PERFECT look at what happened and while he was going for the jump ball he did hit his arm pretty hard, it was a foul. And I believe if you ask Josh he would even tell you he fouled him, it was that kinda call. But Josh did make the right play cause even if he didnt get the jump ball, which he didnt, the next best thing would be a foul.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

The arguement over which team is better needs to die for right now. The postseason will determine who's better, so for right now it's obvious that Temple and Grace are about as even as you can get. Grace has got some breaks and made some key shots but both games could have gone either way. Great job by both teams and great column by Hargis in the paper today: "best rivalry in the city." Can't wait until the next one.

The arguement over which team is better needs to die for right now. The postseason will determine who's better, so for right now it's obvious that Temple and Grace are about as even as you can get. Grace has got some breaks and made some key shots but both games could have gone either way. Great job by both teams and great column by Hargis in the paper today: "best rivalry in the city." Can't wait until the next one.

Well said. :P

What about the goaltending on McMasters?

Oh and by the way, I just called Josh about the "jump ball foul" and he said he didn't foul.

The rebound by McMasters was above the rim but not in the cyclinder. My view was from the stage in the lane on Carters side of the court. I do not think that I will change your mind, just my opinion.

Unlike RAW I would not expect Smith to think he fouled. Reaching in the way he did he gets a foul call most of the time.

What about the goaltending on McMasters?

Oh and by the way, I just called Josh about the "jump ball foul" and he said he didn't foul.

Well I dont recall one specific time thinking he goaltended so I dont know what point in the game you are talking about. I didnt nor did all the unbiased people around me ever say anything about goaltending.

About the jump ball man I dont know what else to tell you then other than it was clearly a foul. I had a perfect angle and he went right through the guys arms. I think it was Lowery and he missed the front end of the one and one any way. If I am thinking of the right time.

Well their is no arguement who is the better team right now.

Very good article in the paper Title says "District 5-A Rivalry now best in city" Then goes on to say in first sentence, "No matter how tough it may be to believe, Chattanooga's biggest high school basketball rivalry now belongs to two of its smallest schools"

No arguement who is the "better team right now" in regards to wins and loses, but you have to admit these two teams are pretty much "toe to toe".

One thing about it, Grace can say that they beat Temple twice but they can't say it was easy or without any doubt.

Grace is the better team right now. Just as if Temple would have won these two games they would be the better team right now. And of coarse it wasnt easy to beat Temple.