1993 Charlie Ward Florida State QB- Went pro in basketball

1994 Rashaan Salaam Colorado RB- Bust

1995 Eddie George Ohio State RB- Great Career

1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida QB- Bust

1997 Charles Woodson Michigan CB - Overrated CB

1998 Ricky Williams Texas RB- Great NFL Running Back

1999 Ron Dayne Wisconsin RB- 3rd down back at best

2000 Chris Weinke Florida State QB- Too Old to come into the league when he did

2001 Eric Crouch Nebraska QB- Never stepp on the field for a regular season game

2002 Carson Palmer USC QB- Breakout season in 2005

2003 Jason White Oklahoma QB- Out of the NFL

2004 Matt Leinart USC QB - TBD

2005 Reggie Bush USC RB - TBD

History has shown that if you win the Heisman trophy that more times than not you will not have a successful NFL career. The question is will this be the case for Matt and Reggie? Honestly I think Bush will never be an every down back in the NFL. Matt may be successful, but his arm strength is questionable and will he be able to lead a team that doesn't have the best players from around the country.

What does everyone else think? Remember everyone is entitled to their opinion and there is no answer unless we keep this thread open for about ten years.

AS Lee Corso might say, "Not so fast my friend." Look at the Heisman Trophy list back a little further and check out the list again:

1988 Barry Sanders

1987 Tim Brown

1986 Vinny Testaverde

1985 Bo Jackson

1984 Doug Flutie

1983 Mike Rozier

1982 Herschel Walker

1981 Marcus Allen

1980 George Rogers

1979 Charles White

1978 Billy Sims

1977 Earl Campbell

1976 Tony Dorsett

1975 Archie Griffin

1974 Archie Griffin

1973 John Cappelletti

1972 Johnny Rodgers

1971 Pat Sullivan

1970 Jim Plunkett

In this group, Sullivan, Rodgers, Cappelletti, and Archie Griffin had little success.

Flutie's career has gone on forever, injuries stalled promising careers of Bo, Charles White, Rozier, and Rogers, Vinnie has had a productive pro career, and the rest we're talking Hall of Fame or worthy of discussion.

Maybe it's that the writers who vote on these things have gotten a whole lot more less distinguished than the recipients.

Yeah I agree with the Heisman winners of the 80's and 70's being better. Also the media has tarnished this award and so has ESPN. That is why I think Bush and Leinhart won't live up to their hype. Look at the 3 out of the last 15. George, Williams, and Palmer weren't as hyped up as say Woodson, Bush, Leinhart.

I guess we can start this discussing ten years from now and see who is out of the league and who is having a HOF type career.

AS Lee Corso might say, "Not so fast my friend." Look at the Heisman Trophy list back a little further and check out the list again:

1988 Barry Sanders

1987 Tim Brown

1986 Vinny Testaverde

1985 Bo Jackson

1984 Doug Flutie

1983 Mike Rozier

1982 Herschel Walker

1981 Marcus Allen

1980 George Rogers

1979 Charles White

1978 Billy Sims

1977 Earl Campbell

1976 Tony Dorsett

1975 Archie Griffin

1974 Archie Griffin

1973 John Cappelletti

1972 Johnny Rodgers

1971 Pat Sullivan

1970 Jim Plunkett

In this group, Sullivan, Rodgers, Cappelletti, and Archie Griffin had little success.

Flutie's career has gone on forever, injuries stalled promising careers of Bo, Charles White, Rozier, and Rogers, Vinnie has had a productive pro career, and the rest we're talking Hall of Fame or worthy of discussion.

Maybe it's that the writers who vote on these things have gotten a whole lot more less distinguished than the recipients.

This was before the media started deciding who won the Heisman! Now the media dictates who wins it and everyone knows before the votes are counted who is going to win!

Besides, it like "What have you done for me lately?" And Lately the Heisman has done nothing for the NFL!!!