Lawrenceburg vs Columbia

tiredbbmom

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Carol has been released but will not play probably until next week. She is conditioning and will make the effort to play maybe as early as this Friday against Coffee Co. As far as predictions... Columbia has played some of the best ball of late. Partially due to (if there was anything positive from Carol's injury) the bench improvement. Scott, Foster, and Peery have all stepped up. We now are 9 deep going into the heart of the schedule with Carol coming back where before maybe 7 at best. And because of that also we've added some different looks than in the past. I love the girls at Lawrence Co and know theyve had it rough. I think it shapes up for a real good game but I think the strength of Columbia will be the difference in the end but it will be close and who knows anything can happen. While we are on that topic...After all the defections at LC, I haven't heard what happened to Rochelle. Did she just quit or is she somewhere else? I'm just late in gathering my info. Thanks

It's great to hear the good news about Carol. I'd like to see her in the game tonight but I'd much rather her be healthy for the last half of the season. I haven't seen either team play this year and look forward to a good game.

Pageman is correct that Brittany decided not to play her Senior year. Brittany, along with the other girls who decided not to play are all doing well and are happy with their decisions. Life may not always be fair and the good guys may not always win the fight but as long as you do what you know is right then you come out of a bad situation a better and stronger person.

Columbia should win! Lions are fortunate to have Lampley, Riverdale, Hudgins, Lexington, Johnston, all are impact players, and made life decisions. I'm proud of them all. Good luck girls! ;)

You are absolutely right and I can't imagine the caliber of theam that Lawrence Co. would be if all the original defections (even going back to the ones that went to Loretto Jana ect.) that would hands down be one of the best teams ever in the state not just this year. I know we at Columbia are proud to have Carol and her family and she brings alot to the table even when injured. She is an endless supply of energy and work ethic. If there was ever any doubt when our big "transfer" left, Carol made the statement during the game she was inured with 16 points early in the 3rd quarter. We are better as a team and people with her here and life is good but I do feel for the LC girls I know a good number of them. Good luck to both teams tonight!

While some of the 'impact' players did, in fact, leave Lawrence County to play for various different schools, several 'impact' players made the decision to remain through the adversity and continue to represent their hometown school. Yet, the girls that have remained loyal to Lawrence County continue to get less respect and support than those girls that made life decisions to continue their basketball careers elsewhere or to end their basketball careers completely. Also, knowing Jana since she was 9 years old, it has never been a question where she would play when she began her high school career; everyone knew she would be a Lady Mustang. She has always attended schools in her own hometown and represented them well.

Good luck to the Lady Cats tonight! ;) Go get 'em!

While some of the 'impact' players did, in fact, leave Lawrence County to play for various different schools, several 'impact' players made the decision to remain through the adversity and continue to represent their hometown school. Yet, the girls that have remained loyal to Lawrence County continue to get less respect and support than those girls that made life decisions to continue their basketball careers elsewhere or to end their basketball careers completely. Also, knowing Jana since she was 9 years old, it has never been a question where she would play when she began her high school career; everyone knew she would be a Lady Mustang. She has always attended schools in her own hometown and represented them well.

Good luck to the Lady Cats tonight! :thumb: Go get 'em!

No one is disrespecting the players who remained. They're a great group and I wish them all the best life and basketball has to offer. Leaving or staying doesn't make any individual loyal or disloyal. Everyone had to make the best decision as to what was right for themselves. It was difficult for everyone.

You're right Jana always was and is a Lady Mustang! As far as I know she never contemplated LCHS.

No one is disrespecting the players who remained. They're a great group and I wish them all the best life and basketball has to offer. Leaving or staying doesn't make any individual loyal or disloyal. Everyone had to make the best decision as to what was right for themselves. It was difficult for everyone.

You're right Jana always was and is a Lady Mustang! As far as I know she never contemplated LCHS.

I may have had players mixed up with Jana but I thought a few years ago in Coffman that there was a large group that are now dispersed. My bad

Good luck to the Lady Cats tonight! B) Go get 'em!

Well, that almost did it for me. I had two pages written before I came to my senses and realized it is not in the best interest of the program or school to let it all hang out. Laundry usually ain't a pretty site even when it's clean. I will say this much:

(1) My girl quit.

(2) I love my girl more than any team, program or sport.

(3) I support the girls that stayed and the girls that left, especially the ones I have had the pleasure to watch grow up and mature on and off the court.

(4) As much as I might care for the girls that are no longer with us, my team is Lawrence County and that is where I will be tonight as always............... loud and proud!!!!!!!!!!

(5) The book comes later :thumb:

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

kw