Vanderbilt backs out of 2006 game

goldenboy

Well Vandy announced their 2006 football schedule today that did not have MTSU on it as it once did. They dropped the Blue Raiders and picked up Big 10 powerhouse Michigan. I'm sure the wolverines are very happy to have Vandy on their schedule. I guess if I was Vandy I wouldn't want to lose 4 in a row to a SBC team either. Will the whooping Michigan puts on them make up for losing close to MT? The Michigan game puts them in the public spotlight but without Cutler it will be tough for them to even have a chance at .500 next year. :P

Smells like a money grab, plain and simple.

Since Vandy is pulling upsets left and right (FINALLY beating UK at Rupp), maybe they feel they're on a hot streak.

In reality, this is not the way to start off a football season when you are trying to improve upon your record of last year. There first two games now are at Michigan and at Alabama. Yikes. :P

Guest catfish-hunter

Winning at Neyland in November: PRICELESS

Winning at Rupp in January: PRICELESS

Winning in "The Big House" in September: ?????????????

VANDY is on a roll folks :angry:

Between the two, Michigan makes the most sense. MTSU is a no win situation. Beat them and everyone barks they are supposed to. Lose to them and the humiliation is a lot to bear. The only way you get better is play against the best. Sure they'll lose but the coaching staff they have can teach them to learn from it. That's something they've not had in years. It's a win win for Vandy. Even with a loss, the lessons learned should be priceless. :thumb: