Is this the best rivalry in the state?

SPORTSFAN520

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta be Oakland vs. Siegel or Oakland vs. Riverdale.

Even though the OHS vs. SHS isn't old it is still arguably one of the most crazy games you will ever see. Las Friday they played and there were 2400 people there many of which had to stand in the hall (at least 200) also hundreds were denied access at the door.

OHS vs. RHS goes pretty far back and is a huge rivalry. These 2 scholls were built at the same time and have been going at it for over 40 years

Siegel of course should not be on the list. Like you said they havent been around long enough. Talk to me in at least 20 years. Then they might be on the list.

just jealous!!!

Will see who's the most jealous after Friday.

Siegel of course should not be on the list. Like you said they havent been around long enough. Talk to me in at least 20 years. Then they might be on the list.

But still the rilvary is there

the schools are a matter of 5-10 minutes away from each other aslo all 5 of siegels starters were originally from Oakland making the games even more heated

Edited by OHS_AUTHORITY

Also many of siegels key players came from Oakland like Ramsey, Adams, Oden, Roper, and Alexander, making the games even more intense

The most intense/best rivalry in the mid-state is Oakland vs. Siegel. Cookeville White County is good but it isn't at the level it USED to be where concrete blocks were being thrown over bridges to hit opposing fans cars.

Siegel Oakland was nasty from the get go with both schools hating each other....For obvious reasons since most left Oakland to go to Siegel. Even going back to the first game ever at Siegel in the first year. That game set a record for largest crowd at hs bball game in Rutherford County ever. Of course the two since then have surpassed that mark and the game has only gotten bigger. Can't imagine what it will be like in 5 years if it continues to grow.

The most intense/best rivalry in the mid-state is Oakland vs. Siegel. Cookeville White County is good but it isn't at the level it USED to be where concrete blocks were being thrown over bridges to hit opposing fans cars.

Siegel Oakland was nasty from the get go with both schools hating each other....For obvious reasons since most left Oakland to go to Siegel. Even going back to the first game ever at Siegel in the first year. That game set a record for largest crowd at hs bball game in Rutherford County ever. Of course the two since then have surpassed that mark and the game has only gotten bigger. Can't imagine what it will be like in 5 years if it continues to grow.

I strongly believe that this year will be the most intense for Oakland Siegel rivalry.. It wont die off... but with the former oakland players leaving... i think that next year will still be intense but not even like it is now

I agree with you. The students who started out at Oakland will all graduate this year. There will be "intenisty" but not as much hate. The Blackman/ Riverdale one was brutal for years until all the original Riverdale people graduated from Blackman. Now, it is just another game. Siegel will also see a "drop-off" in their sports just like we did once another new school opens in Rockvale. That will be the "in" school instead of them.

well really the only sport we will drop off in next year is mens basketball... other than that we have juniors and sophomores in everything. Even some freshman look to have bright futures.

Siegel[/url]balla05' post='825896263' date='Jan 11 2006 - 11:16 PM']

well really the only sport we will drop off in next year is mens basketball... other than that we have juniors and sophomores in everything. Even some freshman look to have bright futures.

Read the last sentence, when Rockvale opens in 08, you will see students leave your school for theirs.