Eagles vs. Eagles

Eagles_man05

tell me somethin about vanburen...size speed type of game they play..im curious

for A ball VB is extremely tall with 5 of their top 7 being:

2 @ 6'4

3 @ 6'3

4 of these 5 can play inside or out which can cause lots of problems for teams trying to play man. All 7 are fast (not quick, but fast for that size). They dropped 3 in a row before Christmas to Forrest by 3, Pickett by 1, and Sequatchie (good AA program). There other two losses were by 5 @ Clay County and 2 @ Cascade so you can see that they could easily be undefeated or 15-2, etc. instead of their current 12-5. They start 2 sophomores so i would expect more experienced play the remainder of the year and for them to do as they did last year and peak at tournament time.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for A ball VB is extremely tall with 5 of their top 7 being:

2 @ 6'4

3 @ 6'3

4 of these 5 can play inside or out which can cause lots of problems for teams trying to play man. All 7 are fast (not quick, but fast for that size). They dropped 3 in a row before Christmas to Forrest by 3, Pickett by 1, and Sequatchie (good AA program). There other two losses were by 5 @ Clay County and 2 @ Cascade so you can see that they could easily be undefeated or 15-2, etc. instead of their current 12-5. They start 2 sophomores so i would expect more experienced play the remainder of the year and for them to do as they did last year and peak at tournament time.

im impressed by the clay county score....there a good team...well im gonna have to go with VBC in this one...good luck the rest of the way :ph34r:

tonights game will be a good one if vb comes out to play the entire game not just the second half. eagleville will be hard to beat but they can be beaten just like vb or forrest or any other team in the district. so good luck to vb and i hope that eagleville will have a safe trip down. and we will see what the scores is at the end of the game

I've heard a lot on this post. Van Buren fans said they would dominate this weak district, Eagleville will only lose if they play bad, No way Van Buren can't beat Eagleville because they are not as good as Page. Which fan from Van Buren stated they would dominate? Van Buren has played every team in the district except Eagleville. Check the scores. Forrest won by 3. Cascade by 1. If Van Buren plays well they can beat Eagleville and Forrest and Cascade etc. Did I say Van Buren will beat Eagleville? No. Is this district as strong as the district Van Buren was in last year? No. Who will win tonight? People that say there is no way their team can lose are living in a fantasy world. If Van Buren plays up to their ability they will win.

I've heard a lot on this post. Van Buren fans said they would dominate this weak district, Eagleville will only lose if they play bad, No way Van Buren can't beat Eagleville because they are not as good as Page. Which fan from Van Buren stated they would dominate? Van Buren has played every team in the district except Eagleville. Check the scores. Forrest won by 3. Cascade by 1. If Van Buren plays well they can beat Eagleville and Forrest and Cascade etc. Did I say Van Buren will beat Eagleville? No. Is this district as strong as the district Van Buren was in last year? No. Who will win tonight? People that say there is no way their team can lose are living in a fantasy world. If Van Buren plays up to their ability they will win.

Amen!

if van buren plays like they did against forrest they will beat eagleville by 10+

Actually culleoka i hope we don't because we turned the ball over a gazillion times in that game still had the lead going in to the fourth and then forgot we had to play defense for 4 quarters and lost by 3. And that is not taking anything away from forrest i'm just saying i hope we play better than that tonight and i'm sure our players would say the same thing.

I hope we do bring our A game because we will need it to pull a big W tonight.

Oh & thanks cully for the respect.

Edited by vanbureneagle

i just meant i think forrest is much more talented than eagleville and if they can play them that close than they should be able to beat eagleville...and i give respect where its due :thumb: ...i wish we had cascade eagleville forrest back in our district and i wouldnt mind having VBC come too...that would of made for a heck of a district tourney...but maybe we'll see you guys at substate :P