Scott CO.

knight2

I don't know what happened at McCreary Central but the Anderson Co team was red hot, probably the best shooting night they have had or at least one of the top three. Outside / Inside it didn't matter. Scott didn't shoot well but AC had something to say about that as well.

The style "out of control" you are talking about is what it takes to beat some teams because they (SC) are not big enough to stand toe to toe with the AC, Loudon and other's. Sometimes what looks like unorganized basketball is really the only way to compete. Sometimes you have to make teams play faster than "they" want to.

Bottom line is right now Scott County is not as good as the will be in a year or two. They are young inexperienced and only small in height not heart. In the AC game they were playing hard until the very end.

But what you should like about them (SC) is they were upset about losing they don't like losing and that is what will make them better in the end

What looks like unorganized basketball, is just that unorganized basketball. Scott is doing nothing to speed up the game, all of this " fast paced" action is coming in transistion, not off off forcing the other teams into TO's by pressing them. They get a defensive board run to the other end in trasistion and throw up a 3-pointer without having the numbers.

Then the other team slows the game down, brings it into a half-court game, so the point you make about speeding the game up is wrong. Scott might try to run in trasistion, but they do nothing to dictate the flow of the game with the opposistion.

Don' tget me wrong, with the personnel they have I am not saying they should play a half court flex the entire game, but they should pick and choose their transistion oppotunities better.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What looks like unorganized basketball, is just that unorganized basketball. Scott is doing nothing to speed up the game, all of this " fast paced" action is coming in transistion, not off off forcing the other teams into TO's by pressing them. They get a defensive board run to the other end in trasistion and throw up a 3-pointer without having the numbers.

Then the other team slows the game down, brings it into a half-court game, so the point you make about speeding the game up is wrong. Scott might try to run in trasistion, but they do nothing to dictate the flow of the game with the opposistion.

Don' tget me wrong, with the personnel they have I am not saying they should play a half court flex the entire game, but they should pick and choose their transistion oppotunities better.

:rolleyes: Glass eater, your a sad little person. You say that I don't think much of the girls that quit. Well excuse me, I didn't know quitters was something to be admired. And I could say the same thing about you. You don't seem to care anything about the Lady Highlanders or their Coach. Are you a parent of one of the Ladies that chose to quit? :thumb: Whatever, and yes now that you mentioned it, I am looking up the stats for other games. So I don't make the mistake of saying the girls won't be missed, without some stats to back it up.

But to put all of that aside, they quit so it really doesn't matter if they would have helped or not, because now they are no longer on the bench so they took theirself out of the equation.

GOOD LUCK AGAINST LOUDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:huh: Glass eater, your a sad little person. You say that I don't think much of the girls that quit. Well excuse me, I didn't know quitters was something to be admired. And I could say the same thing about you. You don't seem to care anything about the Lady Highlanders or their Coach. Are you a parent of one of the Ladies that chose to quit? :huh: Whatever, and yes now that you mentioned it, I am looking up the stats for other games. So I don't make the mistake of saying the girls won't be missed, without some stats to back it up.

But to put all of that aside, they quit so it really doesn't matter if they would have helped or not, because now they are no longer on the bench so they took theirself out of the equation.

GOOD LUCK AGAINST LOUDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK ladyhighlanderfan,

I get your point, and I will respectfully ease up on this topic. I do actually support Coach M, just take the time to look at my other posts. I have actually said in the past "it's not the jockey it's the horse, you cant' win the Kentucky Derby riding a mule", there is no question the talent pool for this team is far below average.

And for the respect of Coach m and the team I will ease up on this subject.

And I will also agree with you, that quitting is nothing to be admired, but when six players walk-out, regardless of what the reasons may or may not be, there has to be some sort of internal problems.

And I also stand behind my statement, those girls will be missed, IE-AC & McCreary.

But as you said, they are no longer on the team, so do the best with whats left.

OK ladyhighlanderfan,

I get your point, and I will respectfully ease up on this topic. I do actually support Coach M, just take the time to look at my other posts. I have actually said in the past "it's not the jockey it's the horse, you cant' win the Kentucky Derby riding a mule", there is no question the talent pool for this team is far below average.

And for the respect of Coach m and the team I will ease up on this subject.

And I will also agree with you, that quitting is nothing to be admired, but when six players walk-out, regardless of what the reasons may or may not be, there has to be some sort of internal problems.

And I also stand behind my statement, those girls will be missed, IE-AC & McCreary.

But as you said, they are no longer on the team, so do the best with whats left.

And I in return will ease up on the 6 girls that quit. I just read all the threads about SHS and how they will miss those girls. Yes they will be missed one way or another, but the "rumors" are they quit because they didn't get the playing time they and their parents, "I am sure", thought that they should. But according to you the 6 that quit made the difference in a couple of games. Then my question to you and anyone else is...."If they didn't get to play much then how did they make such a difference in previous games?"

It sounds like to me a bunch of sour grapes...Anyways this subject has been turned every which way that it can be. So it's a dead topic now.

So Glass Eater what do you think about the starting 5 lately? Good choices or do you think there is another 5 that would do better? Are there any girls playing that you think shouldn't be? Just asking, wanting to know your opinon.

Glass, I have read your posts and I do think you have one interest and that is to devide this team and community. The TEAM has moved on and they are happy. You did say "Rome wasn't built in a day." Then you are acting like you can't believe they don't have 20 wins and everything is going to go smooth when you have a major change. When Tennessee has changed coaches on the men's teams they have lost two or three players everytime they had a change. Those are called "casualties." As bad as we hate that they quit, the fact is THEY qiut. Just like Wiley-gatewood quit are we going to thrash the coaching staff. I know, it's Pat! Thing is it happens with changes sometimes.

What we need to do now is move on and back this program. If you can't do it without having negative or off the cuff comments do the same as if you were watching t.v. change the channel, or turn it off. Find another team or stop watching or writing about the that we have. Even if you don't support this coach and team you do have to tear it apart for those who do. If you are a supporter as you say you are........SUPPORT! Please stop picking everything apart. The players and coaches are working hard to give us something to be proud of. The thing that might be hurting the way that the girls are playing since those girls quit could be all the negative comments in the community about the TEAM and their coaches.

Glass, I have read your posts and I do think you have one interest and that is to devide this team and community. The TEAM has moved on and they are happy. You did say "Rome wasn't built in a day." Then you are acting like you can't believe they don't have 20 wins and everything is going to go smooth when you have a major change. When Tennessee has changed coaches on the men's teams they have lost two or three players everytime they had a change. Those are called "casualties." As bad as we hate that they quit, the fact is THEY qiut. Just like Wiley-gatewood quit are we going to thrash the coaching staff. I know, it's Pat! Thing is it happens with changes sometimes.

What we need to do now is move on and back this program. If you can't do it without having negative or off the cuff comments do the same as if you were watching t.v. change the channel, or turn it off. Find another team or stop watching or writing about the that we have. Even if you don't support this coach and team you do have to tear it apart for those who do. If you are a supporter as you say you are........SUPPORT! Please stop picking everything apart. The players and coaches are working hard to give us something to be proud of. The thing that might be hurting the way that the girls are playing since those girls quit could be all the negative comments in the community about the TEAM and their coaches.

OK redlander,

I am just stating some facts about the progress of the team, and have not been very negative, and my comments are just on this sight.

All you had to do was watch R.L on sunday night if you want negative comments. So, to say i am picking everything apart is insane, believe me there are alot of people in the community with an interest in this.

And I in return will ease up on the 6 girls that quit. I just read all the threads about SHS and how they will miss those girls. Yes they will be missed one way or another, but the "rumors" are they quit because they didn't get the playing time they and their parents, "I am sure", thought that they should. But according to you the 6 that quit made the difference in a couple of games. Then my question to you and anyone else is...."If they didn't get to play much then how did they make such a difference in previous games?"

It sounds like to me a bunch of sour grapes...Anyways this subject has been turned every which way that it can be. So it's a dead topic now.

So Glass Eater what do you think about the starting 5 lately? Good choices or do you think there is another 5 that would do better? Are there any girls playing that you think shouldn't be? Just asking, wanting to know your opinon.

Who are the starting five now?

Well it varies, but lately it has been K.Lowe, B Strunk, B Silcox, S Phillips, M Lowe

but he usually takes M Lowe out very quickly and puts in Hutson.

I think the rotation he uses, is workin real good.

against Loudon they did really good. Did you see the game?

I was at the Oneida/Coalfield game, but what ever Coach M is doing is starting to pay dividends. That was quite a showing against a good team!

The smaller rotation will allow him to keep his key players on the floor more.

I know it was a loss, but still yet it is someting to build upon.

Good luck the rest of the way!