Franklin vs. Antioch

FranklinHSfan

FHS & Antioch played even through the first two quarters. But Antioch took charge the 2nd half and won the game 73 - 61.

The FHS starters were playing "uninspired" to start the 3rd quarter & Coach Johnson took them all out for most of the 3Q and part of the 4th. But Antioch dominated the boards. That McAdoo kid is the real deal! Hard to believe that he's just a Sophomore.

Not saying that the refs were bad but they were calling it very tight the whole game. The slightest hand check or box out could earn you a foul. Both teams were in the bonus to start the 2Q. Antioch ended up with 38 points from the free throw line to Franklin's 10. At least 10 of those, though, were in the last 2 minutes when we were playin catch-up and had to get a steal or a foul. Oh, yeah, FHS also got two T's in the 2nd half. One on Dante Brown when the ref made a rediculous tie-up call when it sure looked like a foul. And the 2nd was on Coach Johnson.

FHS will possibly see Antioch again come Regionals. They better figure out how to adjust to the 3's not fallin or whistle-happy refs.

Congrats to a very athletic Antioch squad! B)

Antioch is a very good squad McAdoo is also good he is the future of Antioch.They need to play this way the rest of the year and they won't lose.

Yep, Antioch is a very athletic team. But I don't know about that "won't lose" part. There are some mighty strong teams in the Memphis area. I believe that FHS & Antioch will certainly go deep in the Regionals & I would be very proud of both of them making it to "The Boro". Any wins after that would be a BIG PLUS. Good luck to both of them representing Middle TN Hoops well!

PS: Looks like Hamilton & Mitchell had a heck of a game last night. :thumb:

One thing about Antioch last night, when it was crunch time, there were four sophmores and a senior on the floor. That will tell you something about the next three years.

Not to take anything away from Antioch, but when they played any goods teams in their district they lost by 10 or more. So when comes time to play for the district tournament. They're not going anywhere. Its either going to be Hunters Lane, Whites Creek or McGavock.

Edited by MiddleTNBasketball

Not to take anything away from Antioch, but when they played any goods teams in their district they lost by 10 or more. So when comes time to play for the district tournament. They're not going anywhere. Its either going to be Hunters Lane, Whites Creek or McGavock.

You are correct but they are very young and will just get better every time they play.

I went to the game hoping to see a great athletic match up, and unfortunately the Ref's took that away. These three blind mice stole a game from the fans. Both ways they missed obvious calls, and saw phantom ones. I really wanted to see the game that these two teams could have provided, only to see a game that lacked any flow. I am amazed that the Ref's haad enough wind left to sprint out of the gym with how often they were out of breath blowing the whistle.

In all honesty, they were not accustomed to the quick defensive hands - and typically assumed a foul was committed.

Good luck to both teams in their respective districts, and hopefully the officiating will equal the talent on the floor.

I went to the game hoping to see a great athletic match up, and unfortunately the Ref's took that away. These three blind mice stole a game from the fans. Both ways they missed obvious calls, and saw phantom ones. I really wanted to see the game that these two teams could have provided, only to see a game that lacked any flow. I am amazed that the Ref's haad enough wind left to sprint out of the gym with how often they were out of breath blowing the whistle.

In all honesty, they were not accustomed to the quick defensive hands - and typically assumed a foul was committed.

Good luck to both teams in their respective districts, and hopefully the officiating will equal the talent on the floor.

i couldn't agree more... i made it to this game, and while i don't blame games on officials... the freethrow situation was: 10/15 for the rebels... 38/49 for the bears? i promise u there was no difference in intensity and defensive play on our end as there was on theirs... coach johnson made a call right after the game to make sure "the one" inparticular never would return to the rebel court ....

but like faninthestand said... it was great talent and they will meet again- hopefully the true talent can be distributed this time :angry:

Edited by lvm4n4g3r