Jordan Leen

maj

What's up ? One of the most promising college wrestlers ever to come out of Tennessee just dissappeared. Asked the question a few weeks back and heard a couple of things like " medical redshirt " then others said there is no such thing in the Ivy league, no one seemed to know for sure what his status was. Any new info ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maj, If you stay on this board long enough or even short enough you will know who to believe. It is obvious, some on here talk of what they no nothing about, then others talk of what is actually true. In the case of Leen, I believe it was stated earlier he is taking a medical redshirt year. That is what I believe to be true. In the Ivy leagues you may not redshirt, but, if you have been hurt bad enough, you may use the 5 year in school. However, in recent years there have been student athletes who take a year off for what ever reason and they have been granted the extra year at the ivy's. In the case of Leen, I have been told he is taking a medical redshirt year, and should return next year at full throttle. Best of luck to you and your son.

maj, If you stay on this board long enough or even short enough you will know who to believe. It is obvious, some on here talk of what they no nothing about, then others talk of what is actually true. In the case of Leen, I believe it was stated earlier he is taking a medical redshirt year. That is what I believe to be true. In the Ivy leagues you may not redshirt, but, if you have been hurt bad enough, you may use the 5 year in school. However, in recent years there have been student athletes who take a year off for what ever reason and they have been granted the extra year at the ivy's. In the case of Leen, I have been told he is taking a medical redshirt year, and should return next year at full throttle. Best of luck to you and your son.

jordan is focused and will be ready to return . jordans work ethic will make him successful at wrestling , medicine , or whatever he chooses to do - good luck to jordan and family - jt

Oh my goodness, who told you that, snatch. It is my understanding you can only use the Olympic Redshirt during the Olympic year. Where in the world did that come from?

I believe you are right in that an Olympic redshirt may only be used in the qualifying year for the Olympics. Therefore, I am sure this is not what Jordan is doing. I believe the terminology typically used for what Jordan is doing is an "Ivy Redshirt." This is not a normal redshirt and should not be thought of as one.

I believe you are right in that an Olympic redshirt may only be used in the qualifying year for the Olympics. Therefore, I am sure this is not what Jordan is doing. I believe the terminology typically used for what Jordan is doing is an "Ivy Redshirt." This is not a normal redshirt and should not be thought of as one.

OK what happened to the redhead? What did he hurt?

As far as I know, there is no injury. He is taking off a year from school. There is no redshirting in the IVY League, medical or otherwise. The Ivy's give you 4 years of school to graduate. There are NO 5th year seniors in any Ivy League school. None, zilch, nada...no exceptions. A student is attending school to get an education. EVERYthing else, is secondary.

BTW - Off the top of my head, I believe Cornell has the lowest graduation rate of incoming freshman of all schools in the Ivy League. It's around 97.7%. :thumb:

Edited by BayouBear