Underclassmen in 2006 NFL Draft

The following is a list of underclassmen who have delcared for the 2006 draft. Third-year college prospects had until Jan. 15 to notify the NFL of their intentions to enter the draft.

Underclassmen in 2006 NFL draft

Player School Pos. Year

Darnell Bing USC S Jr.

Cornell Brockington UConn RB Jr.

Reggie Bush USC RB Jr.

Brian Calhoun Wisconsin RB Jr.

Antonio Cromartie Florida State CB Jr.

Vernon Davis Maryland TE Jr.

Maurice Drew UCLA RB Jr.

Ray Edwards Purdue DE Jr.

Anthony Fasano Notre Dame TE Jr.

Charles Gordon Kansas WR Jr.

Willie Hall Middle. Tenn. St. OT Jr.

Devin Hester Miami-FL RS/DC/WR Jr.

Santonio Holmes Ohio State WR Jr.

Chad Jackson Florida WR Jr.

Omar Jacobs Bowling Green QB Jr.

Cornell Johnson Indiana State RB Jr.

Marquis Johnson Texas Tech WR Jr.

Johnathan Joseph South Carolina CB Jr.

Winston Justice USC OT Jr.

Brandon Kirsch Purdue QB Jr.

Greg Lee Pittsburgh WR Jr.

Laurence Maroney Minnesota RB Jr.

Richard Marshall Fresno St. CB Jr.

Derrick Martin Wyoming CB Jr.

Fred Matua USC G Jr.

John McCargo North Carolina State DT Jr.

Stanley McClover Auburn DE Jr.

Tony McDaniel Tennessee DT Jr.

Derek Morris North Carolina State OT Jr.

Haloti Ngata Oregon DT Jr.

Kai Parham Virginia LB Jr.

Bobby Payne Middle Tennessee DE Jr.

Bernard Pollard Purdue DS Jr.

Leonard Pope Georgia TE Jr.

Drouzon Quillen Louisiana-Monroe WR Jr.

Cory Rodgers Texas Christian WR Jr.

Ko Simpson South Carolina S Jr.

Ernie Sims Florida State LB Jr.

Daniel Smith Idaho WR Jr.

Rob Smith Tennessee OG Jr.

Stephen Tulloch N.C. State LB Jr.

Marcus Vick Virginia Tech QB Jr.

Dee Webb Florida CB Jr.

LenDale White USC RB Jr.

Donte Whitner Ohio State S Jr.

Mario Williams N.C. State DE Jr.

Ashton Youboty Ohio State CB Jr.

Vince Young Texas QB Jr.

Which ones are going to be stars- and which ones will be working at a convenience store this time next year hoping to hear from the AFL?

McDaniel? This kid couldnt even start at UT, what makes him think he will get drafted??

He needs to get back to UT and work hard and get better prepared!!!

He was coming back until that kid hit him with the lawsuit a couple of days after he announced that he was staying.

It was said on the news I think that he was given a 2nd round projection by the NFL draft advisory board.

What's the Civil suit all about? Sorry, I obviously don't keep up with UT football. ;)

On the underclassmen coming out, I would say that the surest bets to succeed, other than the obvious big-name stars are Ngata, the big DT from Oregon (potential NFL superstar) and Santonio Holmes, the WO from Ohio State.

As for McDaniel, he punched another UT student in the face during a pickup basketball game and messed up many of his facial bones, leaving a lot of surgery and suffering.

The road to success in the NFL depends to a great extent on what position you are playing. Wide receivers benefit from the fact that colleges are throwing the ball just as much as the pros and with the same kinds of routes. Most top-notch college wideouts will make it in the pros. The problems come with running backs, who have to learn that nearly every running play in the pros in an option to which hole to hit, the importance of sliding sideways in traffic to find a secondary running space, and have to learn to run checkoff routes and to pass block.

Of course, the biggest transition is for QBs, with the reasons being obvious.

As the college game becomes more like the pro game, there should be more accuracy in drafting, but there will still be the collection of failures, I am sure.

After the Rose Bowl, is there anyone else out there except me who thinks that Vince Young wil NOT be a good pro QB? I am not convinced that he will be able to read defenses. His throwing motion is poor, even though it is so much improved from when he first came to Texas. The Texas pass offense was simplicity itself, and he never got much pressure while he was at Texas, due to the offensive line. The pros will be very different.

Don't get me wrong about Young. I think he is the most effective college player since the rules changes of the early 1990's. His game against USC was the greatest performance I have ever seen. Remember, though, the next-greatest performance in modern times may have been Michael Vick against Florida State before he came out--and he hasn't made it yet. Young would be a big wide receiver out of this world in the pros, it seems to me.

Guest dare_2_dream

the one player who really sticks out to me is Pope from GA. that kid is a beast, and very very athletic. i think he will be great at the next level. he has a nice mix of size, speed, and hands. nfl coaches and qbs will love him, in my opinion.

Why he (Fasano) came out is a mystery. The draft is loaded with tight ends, and Charlie Weiss traditionally throws to TE's in his offensive sets. Another year of exposure would surely have been more beneficial.

Too many of those who apply are tired of going to school and want some money.

Cromartie of FSU is, IMO, the biggest idiot of the bunch. He was injured this past year and didn't have that great of a season last year. Someone is feeding his head and ego with some cheap praise, or he has family considerations that compel him to move on.

Guest catfish-hunter

Trust me folks I was thinking and hoping at the same time that Fasano would have stayed at Notre Dame. He as well as the Pope kid from Georgia will both be steals in the draft. I know that one of them will be off the board when it's the Chicago Bears turn to pick in the draft.

Trust me folks I was thinking and hoping at the same time that Fasano would have stayed at Notre Dame. He as well as the Pope kid from Georgia will both be steals in the draft. I know that one of them will be off the board when it's the Chicago Bears turn to pick in the draft.

Yea, the Bears are desperate for a solid TE and I think Fasano would fit that mold!!!