MBA v. Ryan

BuckLateral

According to schedules, MBA is at Ryan this Friday night at 7:00 p.m. Any predictions? I don't have a dog in the hunt but have always enjoyed the predictions and banter on this board leading up to that match, which are noticeably absent this year. The match is only four days away and no posts from either side yet. Is that because everyone is pretty much conceding this one to the deep and experienced Big Red over a young Irish squad? Or maybe its because Irishdad has gone into retirement. Either way, a week without some MBA-Ryan give and take would be pretty dull.

I see MBA winning this matchup this year on their way to a possible state dual finals against the other Big Red team from Baylor ( I know, you Tornado fans will holler that McCallie might have something to say about that ).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to schedules, MBA is at Ryan this Friday night at 7:00 p.m. Any predictions? I don't have a dog in the hunt but have always enjoyed the predictions and banter on this board leading up to that match, which are noticeably absent this year. The match is only four days away and no posts from either side yet. Is that because everyone is pretty much conceding this one to the deep and experienced Big Red over a young Irish squad? Or maybe its because Irishdad has gone into retirement. Either way, a week without some MBA-Ryan give and take would be pretty dull.

I see MBA winning this matchup this year on their way to a possible state dual finals against the other Big Red team from Baylor ( I know, you Tornado fans will holler that McCallie might have something to say about that ).

THE IRISH AREN'T CONCEEDING ANYTHING! :thumb:

The Irish will pull out the Win. This is a huge match up for seeding in the state duals. The young Irish should realize this and will fight their hearts out. The loser of this match up will have Baylor First round in the state duals. There is alot at stake here. Even thought they are young the Irish should have a lot going for them. That is why I have the IRISH going out on top (even though I think it will be the final two matches deciding who wins)

The Irish will pull out the Win. This is a huge match up for seeding in the state duals. The young Irish should realize this and will fight their hearts out. The loser of this match up will have Baylor First round in the state duals. There is alot at stake here. Even thought they are young the Irish should have a lot going for them. That is why I have the IRISH going out on top (even though I think it will be the final two matches deciding who wins)

So how do you already know that the loser will have Baylor first round. Won't the loser have number 1 from the East? That won't be decided until Saturday...

If MBA does not win something is wrong. They have a much more experienced team that has been wrestling very well and on paper they should win with little trouble. To pull the big upset Pat Simpson may need to get Irish Dad to be the clock operator.

ahhhh.....the clock reference. Always makes me think of the clock issue from the 1972 Munich Olympics, USA v. USSR. And the USA goes down for the first time because of seconds being put back on the clock and having "do over" after "do over".

irishdad is in good company, from a memory stand point! :angry:

ahhhh.....the clock reference. Always makes me think of the clock issue from the 1972 Munich Olympics, USA v. USSR. And the USA goes down for the first time because of seconds being put back on the clock and having "do over" after "do over".

irishdad is in good company, from a memory stand point! :angry:

I think you folks living in the Cleveland area miss Irishdad!

Irish fans, I think you're dreaming. I don't have an affiliation with either Ryan or MBA. Think both schools have great programs. Just don't think Ryan matches up well against MBA this year.

Pick some weight classes and do the math.

Here's my fearless forecast.

103 - Francis (MBA) takes Rosa®

112 - Sutter (MBA) takes Griffith ®

119 - Simpson (MBA) takes Sloan ®

125 - Marchetti® over Bellet(MBA)

130 - Todd (MBA) over Weakley ® - Beat at Ryan Invit.

135 - Herron(MBA) over Benito® - beat at Ryan Invit.

140 - McKeithen (MBA) - Negri ® - Could go either way

145 - Bellet(MBA) over Miller®

152 - Hall (MBA) over Goodrum® - beat at Ryan Invit.

160 - Snyder (MBA) over Mix ®

171- Tate (MBA) over Hegarty ®

189 - Jacques (MBA) over Riley ® Could be diff if Bateman in for Ryan

215 - Dempsey ® over Swett (MBA)

275 - Riley(MBA) over Garrett® - beat at Ryan Invit.

MBA should hold Ryan under 20 points without much trouble.

It things fall MBA's way, it could be real embarrassing for Fr. Ryan.