Station Camp @ Greenbrier

catsbball1

haha buddy...Well we have two completely different teams from last year so I believe that it should be a pretty good game. It all depends on the type of team SC sends out. The lazy team (that has been almost nonexistent since the Christmas tourneys) or the team that comes to play. If SC comes to play then look out cause they've been playing real well lately.

I do believe after seeing alot of Greenbrier play so far this year, I'm still convinced they can do better. I have so much faith in Greer and Adams, that I know if they play to the potential I KNOW they can play too...they can do wonders for this young team. I miss Greenbrier's chemistry. I realize since alot of the guys graduated last year, it wouldn't be the same, but it just seems like you guys aren't playing like a team. I know you guys well enough to realize that your capable of so much more. Station Camp will be tough as always, but if Greenbrier's defense can communicate and make stops, your gonna win. Greer, I don't think their big guy can stop you. Nor do I think Lance can be stopped. Play hard, play together, play to win....take it from me, once your done with high school, the games you lose, your gonna sit around watching highlights wishing you coulda done alot of things different. I miss you guys....I'm gonna try to get there tomorrow, hopefully....Goodluck!

It'll be interesting to see how Station Camp's big man (Drew I believe his name is ...) and Greenbrier's Logan Greer match-up in this one. Logan definitely has the height advantage, but Drew can easily shove him out of the lane. If Greenbrier can find a way to get Greer the ball consistently down low, they shouldn't have too much trouble in this one. Also, once Greer gets the ball he needs to take it into Station Camp's big man and draw the foul and get him out early. Once he's out, SC doesn't really have anyone that will be able to stop Greer. Greer is going to have to bow up and front Station Camp's big man, or he will get pushed around all night.

Well this was a great, hard-fought, physical game by both teams but Station Camp came out with the win 59-47 (and that's with free throws at the end). The lead for SC was between 2-8 pts. the whole second half and wasn't ever much more than that the whole game. Greenbrier had it cut to 2 with about 4 minutes left but took a couple of bad shots and SC had a couple of good defensive stops and hit their free throws to win the game. Greer had a very good first half with 14 points (all the points he had in the game were in the first half) off of good feeds inside, a couple jump shots, and a couple offensive rebounds and Adams had a very good game with 12 points and many rebounds and hustle plays and a pretty nice dunk. Greer and Adams proved all of yall right about getting the ball inside and about being able to dominate down low against a smaller SC team ( btw, the big guy for SC guarded Adams, not Greer, which happens alot since Adams is the bigger, stronger post. Josh Jones guarded Greer and Greer guarded either the other post or one of the bigger guards while Adams guarded the big guy). In the second half though, GB didn't do a very good job of getting it to the posts and when they did the posts shots weren't falling, and I think that was a major reason for SC winning this game. If Greer and Adams had done the same thing in the second half that they did in the first half and Caton and Lynch hitting their shots like they have been, they probably would have won this game, but SC did a good job of adjusting at halftime I guess. Well great game by both teams. GB really needs to step it up if they wanna move up in the district rankings.

Edited by catsbball1