OS vs Coalfield

catback

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still making excuses for short comings. What a shame. As for throwing insults, I'm just bringing you, and your, ilk back to earth. You beat a small school by seven, when it should have been more if that team is not worthy of their ranking. It didn't happen.

Edited by CYJacket

Still making excuses for short comings. What a shame. As for throwing insults, I'm just bringing you, and your, ilk back to earth. You beat a small school by seven, when it should have been more if that team is not worthy of their ranking. It didn't happen.

Sorry, but my english being what it is, but, what does ""just bringing you, and your, ilk back to earth" mean? Seems to me that you should get the plank out of your eye, before casting stones at others!! Your small school whinning is getting old, since when is an enrollment of 461 BIG school!! According to your standard statement at the bottom of your post , you must be tough!

Edited by catback

461 is bigger than 200 or have you spent time in English, and not Math? Big school is relevant. A big school to one who attended a school with 185 students, is 461. When you graduate a class that consists of half the population that Oliver Springs commences, it appears they are a big school.

OK, now what does your statement about "you and your ilk" mean? I don't remember you using the "small" school excuse when it came to football this past season, and why is that when I post a fact, say like my english, you call it an excuse, all I see from your post are excuses, now answer the original question! I'm putiing in an order at cheese crock for you!

OK, now what does your statement about "you and your ilk" mean? I don't remember you using the "small" school excuse when it came to football this past season, and why is that when I post a fact, say like my english, you call it an excuse, all I see from your post are excuses, now answer the original question! I'm putiing in an order at cheese crock for you!

You obviously have never read all my posts. That would be impossible. I have harped about the TSSAA classifcation process, and TSSAA in general for a good while on these boards. Yes I did make statements about it in football also.

From Meriam Webster online:

Main Entry: 1ilk audio.gif

Pronunciation: 'ilk

Function: pronoun

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English ilca, from a prehistoric compound whose constituents are akin respectively to Gothic is he (akin to Latin is he, that) and Old English gelIc like -- more at ITERATE, LIKE

chiefly Scottish : SAME -- used with that especially in the names of landed families.

Uh, that would be O.S. fans like you. Now is that a bad thing or a good thing?

Don't forget the WHINE, I mean wine. LOL

Maybe they need to add another class in basketball? Do you think it might put this arguement to an end? NOT!

Catback did you dye your hair blonde when you got home last night?

:thumb:

As for the whine, you guys been putting it out about the AP an awful lot. That goose and gander thing.

Edited by CYJacket

CYJacket, ..aka English Professor

It must be a slow day at the car dealership!! I guess I need to get myself a dictionary!

Don't forget the WHINE, I mean wine. LOL

Maybe they need to add another class in basketball? Do you think it might put this arguement to an end? NOT!

Catback did you dye your hair blonde when you got home last night?

I'll never tell, only my hairdresser knows!!! Although anything would be better than gray!!

CYJACKET you mentioned a graduating class half the oz population lol hahahah OH PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK!! I JUST GRADUATED WITH A CLASS OF 93 people!! At graduation on the football field the section of the band was bigger than the chairs for the graduates!! GAME OVER YOU LOSE!!! OS WON .. JC20 has some good points..Coalfield just can't keep up and their best team was the one they had my freshamn year....back in.....01-02! Wake up from your fantasy Land!!! The yellow brick road just wasnt ment to run through coalfield....If ya'll got any complaints about it I would say take it up with the wizard,but looks like the wizard already took care of ya'll!! :thumb:

Edited by Ozballer12

CRYjacket

Its kinda comical to see Mr. Excuse at it again. "Poor little Coalfied the little victim high school of 200 students shouldn't be playing enormous enrollments like Oliver Springs that consist of a whopping 460 kids."

Its not out of the question that you single handling keep the stock of Kleenex up based on your yelping & continuous Cries of unfair.

Well, maybe Coalfield should drop athletics altogether if it doesn't like competing with schools with enrollments of 200 or more. Maybe Coalfield should drop out of TSSAA if it feels it can't compete in Class A. Would that solution provide a muzzle for your whine? Just exactly who should Coalfield compete against? Here is a news flash that might be something new to you. High Schools with enrollments of less than two hundred kids are not Mainstream. They are an anomaly ( that means not normal). Oliver Springs whopping enrollment of 460 is way less than the national average of 800-1000.

No one forced Coalfield to have a community high school producing this small enrollment and making them a victim when competing against schools with enrollments of 460 kids. Do you know how silly it is to cry over enrollment issues when the school you are crying over has just 460 kids.

So, just who is little ole Coalfield suppose to play in Sports? Do you want to play Oakdale & Sunbright 30 games in ayear and crown yourself the Morgan County Tennessee State Champs with an enrollment under 200? If you do, good luck with that.

Maybe you should thank the TSSAA for having 5 classifications instead of 3 ( like many states) where you would play schools with enrollmentsw of 750 kids. Also, what if Coalfield was in Kentucky? Guess what? Coalfield would be in the same district as schools like Louisville Ballard with populations of 2800 kids. Kentucky just has one classification.

Or maybe Morgan County should do the intelligent thing and combine all the High Schools of Morgan County Not only would this provide a better education and quality of life for its students, it would give the kids of Morgan County more options, avenues, and opportunities. . Instead of building the new high schools back in the 80's, Morgan County would have been better prepared to have built two high schools or one central one ( Wartburg) with an enrollment of 900-1000 students. Then maybe the kids of Morgan County would be able to compete athletically without being subjected to the daunting task of playing teams with an astounding enrollment of 460 kids.

Life isn't always fair. You play the cards you are dealt with & whining when you are a couple cards short makes you seem foolish.

Also CRYJacket, if you want to play English Professor in an attempt to disrupt and divert the topic away from the obvious assessment that you are a WHINER who has major issues with Oliver Springs, I suggest you proof read before hitting the "add reply" option at the bottom of the post. You also might want to check into attending a couple writing classes before becoming so trigger happy in correcting grammar of others.

You fall way short of possessing the necessary attributes & talent to correct anyone on grammar, sentence structure, or writing ability.

Prime Example:

CRYJacket posted:

61 is bigger than 200 or have you spent time in English, and not Math? Big school is relevant. A big school to one who attended a school with 185 students, is 461. When you graduate a class that consists of half the population that Oliver Springs commences, it appears they are a big school.

Before breaking down this post, I want to touch base on the inaccurate usage of population in the above post. Also, not just the inaccurate usage of commas, but the poor sentence structure & numerous run on sentences.

POPULATION

The definition of population is the number of inhabitants that cover a certain geographical area. While most can figure out CRY Jacket's intent, its still technically inaccurate and a different word should be used.

The proper word that would supplement his usage of population would be enrollment since he was conveying Oliver Springs[/url]'s High school and the number of students & not the population of the city ( even though he made no reference to high school in his post). When discussing schools and its number of students, the word enrollment is used, not population.

Since I am feeling charitable, I will also post CRY jacket's intent since its painfully obvious he doesn't possess the abilty to communicate opinions in a clear and concise manner. This is how his post should have read.

Oliver Springs's High School enrollment size of 461 students more than doubles Coalfield High School enrollment of 200 students. By Oliver Springs competing & playing in the same TSSAA Single A classification as Coalfield, its an injustice to very small schools in Tennessee such as Coalfield. Schools like the Yellow Jackets lack the student body & resources larger schools possess. Having graduated from Coalfield and being a product of a small school, enrollment size is of major importance to us Yellow Jackets.[/b]

Now that I have made his message clearer, why should Coalfield get a cookie or even sympathy for that matter? Over the last 14 years, Oliver Springs's student enrollment has placed the Bobcats at the bottom 10 percent of enrollment in TSSAA's Class AA. Did you see Oliver Springs fans crying over competing with Anderson County in athletics? NO. Why? Because Oliver Springs beat Anderson County more times than the Marvericks beat OS. Also, the same analogy is applicable to Scott County & Kingston who have huge advantage in enrollment size. The reality is Great athletic programs don't care about enrollments. Great programs embrace competing against the best & certainly don't WHINE about enrollment numbers.

Also, lay off on the grammar corrections of other posters in an attempt to distract from the reality you are crying about something that has no legitimate argument or sound footing.

Additionally, There is always someone bigger and better that comes along to keep people in check. As well, that is the real issue with Oliver Springs, right? A better program has been placed in the district & you have been relegated to 2nd or 3rd place?

Class dismissed, for now.

Edited by OS91

:lol::lol:

OS91, Thanks for teaching today. Instead of class dismissed, I'll just say good night. BTW, you wrote way to much and I lost interest, nice try though.

As for the graduating senior above you. You really are slow pal. I said Coalfield continually graduates half the seniors that O.S. does, your 93 equals the 45 that graduated from Coalfield. It reflects that OS is 1.25 larger than Coalfield.

Talk to your buddy above 91. He is the real man of genius.

Edited by CYJacket