Antioch High School New Coach

cobracoach

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, what a heck of a football coach Antioch has gotten themselves. I know there is going to be some people upset that Bush didnt get the job. Bush seemed like the obvious choice but I guess the admistration thought differently. If and that is a big IF this is true about Woodard there are going to be some bigtime disagreements about this choice. Coach Woodard is a great man with solid football coaching abilities. Antioch should feel lucky to have him.

Guest catfish-hunter

Obviously there has been no coach named because I can't find anything on the Tennessean website or on this website about it. I thought this was set to be done on Thursday folks ;)

Michael Woodward of Ravenwood named new HC at Antioch

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=12014&game_id=

This is an intriguing pick for the rest of Region 5. Going to the spread offense that is dominant in Region 6 has been a lot of the reason for 6's domination over 5 in the post-season. While it may take some time to implement, this could signal a sea change of philosophy in Region 5 as they have to cope with this style of offense. With Antioch's supply of athletes, this could have potential for a great situation. And Antioch should prove more formidable, once they get it together, against the competition they see in the playoffs. Also, there are implications now for Ravenwood.

Congrats to Coach Woodard.

The spread is not the reason for the region's success. Schemes don't win , players win.A scheme has to fit the players,not the other way. This scheme will go away just like all the others. You can throw just as well out of any formation. I know there have been some games against spread teams in Williamson co. that have resulted in a lost or a narrow win against running teams. It begins and ends with a very good QB.

Edited by runtheball