Baylor vs McCallie

the wrestler

do you think we will see the manson young match up, since will doesnt have much of a chance against a more powerful hussain and that tyler will get pinned against manson?

Will definitely has a chance against Hussain. It being the last match of an already horrible dual meet for the Big Blue, Will Young didn't have much to work for. I am not making any excuses for Young, in the match or way out of it, he should have still tried to perfrom to his best, but the team moral was so low by then he didn't have much to work for. I would have to say, look for a different Will Young this Saturday.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will definitely has a chance against Hussain. It being the last match of an already horrible dual meet for the Big Blue, Will Young didn't have much to work for. I am not making any excuses for Young, in the match or way out of it, he should have still tried to perfrom to his best, but the team moral was so low by then he didn't have much to work for. I would have to say, look for a different Will Young this Saturday.

Your absolutely right, no doubt a different Will Young will step out on the mat this weekend, but wouldn't you still have to give Hussein a small edge going into the match after his impressive performance yesterday.

Will Young didn't have much to work for.

State seeds, Pride, gaining the mental advantage on Hussein for future matches, etc...

If you can't get up for the Baylor vs. McCallie wrestling match, how do you get up for others? Although, given his situation, motivation for the team was not there, but in a match of this magnitude, it should be easy to find alternative motivation.

McCallie103 and Wrestle90 - I want to congratulate you both as being 2 of the most loyal fans I've seen. You both appear highly optimistic that the match Saturday was a poor representation of the Blue squad and that several of the individuals performed below their ability. This in spite of the fact that it was the biggest rivalry, best attended meet of the year. It was at your home in front of apx 3000 spectators along with being part of a 60 year wrestling reunion/celebration, yet you inferr that "Will Young didn't have much to work for" and some of the other wrestlers lacked motivation but "next match its balls to the wall". 36 to 16 and 10 wins to 4 yet "McCallie wins by 4" next time - a 24 point swing with the same lineup? Normally when we hear this type of "wait till next time" claim, it is due to the lineup being handicapped by sickness or injury. Every team should be so lucky to have such support. One thing's for sure, you may get a second chance come Saturday.

McCallie103 and Wrestle90 - I want to congratulate you both as being 2 of the most loyal fans I've seen. You both appear highly optimistic that the match Saturday was a poor representation of the Blue squad and that several of the individuals performed below their ability. This in spite of the fact that it was the biggest rivalry, best attended meet of the year. It was at your home in front of apx 3000 spectators along with being part of a 60 year wrestling reunion/celebration, yet you inferr that "Will Young didn't have much to work for" and some of the other wrestlers lacked motivation but "next match its balls to the wall". 36 to 16 and 10 wins to 4 yet "McCallie wins by 4" next time - a 24 point swing with the same lineup? Normally when we hear this type of "wait till next time" claim, it is due to the lineup being handicapped by sickness or injury. Every team should be so lucky to have such support. One thing's for sure, you may get a second chance come Saturday.

Coming from one as wise as you, thank you! I can sleep better tonight!

I wish I would have written that. good post.

Say what you want and rub it in my face if Baylor whoops us worse than yesterday but I feel like next week will be different, and now it counts for the state dual championship.

What do you want me to say Walkenvol and Texas? Do you want me to sit here and degrade McCallie and say that there is no way they can ever beat this magnificent Baylor team? I would like for you to once again mock mine and other's optimism. Please do... By crticizing mine and other poster's positive outlooks towards a possible second match by laughing at the score and telling us how impossible it is, is quite amazing of you! I didn't think you could steep so low. Actually, I take that back, you do it time and time again. You are right about one thing, every team should be so lucky to have such support. At least you won't find any fair-weather fans here... Oh and I almost forgot Manley, congratulations to your Big Red team. They showed up ready to fight.

Say what you want and rub it in my face if Baylor whoops us worse than yesterday but I feel like next week will be different, and now it counts for the state dual championship.

Only thing I said was congratulations, that your support was enviable. Tomorrow's another day and who knows, you might be right. Either way, no face rubbing planned. If you can get by MBA, its sure to be another exciting match.

What do you want me to say Walkenvol and Texas? Do you want me to sit here and degrade McCallie and say that there is no way they can ever beat this magnificent Baylor team? I would like for you to once again mock mine and other's optimism. Please do... By crticizing mine and other poster's positive outlooks towards a possible second match by laughing at the score and telling us how impossible it is, is quite amazing of you! I didn't think you could steep so low. Actually, I take that back, you do it time and time again. You are right about one thing, every team should be so lucky to have such support. At least you won't find any fair-weather fans here... Oh and I almost forgot Manley, congratulations to your Big Red team. They showed up ready to fight.

You seem a little angry. Not sure why. I complimented the post, because he (wv) made some valid points about venue and tradition going for the blue tornado. although, their performance was less than inspired.

You seem a little angry. Not sure why. I complimented the post, because he (wv) made some valid points about venue and tradition going for the blue tornado. although, their performance was less than inspired.

I think we all know that he (wv) meant a little more than what was seen on the outside. He always does. He's a smart alec and that's fine... Every team should be so lucky to have a smart alec!

I think we all know that he (wv) meant a little more than what was seen on the outside. He always does. He's a smart alec and that's fine... Every team should be so lucky to have a smart alec!

My goodness- such animosity. Could it be that he meant what he said? I do know this. If Walkenvol is a smart Alec then we are glad he is our smart Alec.