Baylor vs McCallie

the wrestler

THUMP...that's me falling out of my chair. Thank you Sommers, you've obviously turned over a new leaf. Maybe we can remain civil in the future?

I laughed at what you fell out of :lol: , but yeah; Civility is important, and what we must have, as we both love this Great sport and what it can do for our boys. I may be wrong, but I believe we actually respect each other's opinions on several other things (I know I do yours), besides a few passionate feelings on GC; which I guess we can agree to disagree in the future.

Edited by Sommers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laughed at what you fell out of :lol: , but yeah; Civility is important, and what we must have, as we both love this Great sport and what it can do for our boys. I may be wrong, but I believe we actually respect each other's opinions on several other things (I know I do yours), besides a few passionate feelings on GC; which I guess we can agree to disagree on in the future.

Don't you guys get too civil. Bear Cat Brown and I still want to see your battle on the mat.

Congratulations to Baylor on winning big in a great environment.

Also, I was surprised to see Ward Gossett covering Baylor wrestling once again. I thought he hated Baylor. Oh, maybe he was there to cover a big McCallie win. But wait, he hates them too. Dang, what was he doing there?

And, didn't he leave there and cover more wrestling at UTC? For a guy who doesn't cover much wrestling, he sure gave local wrestling a lot of coverage.

Ward normally attends every wrestling event in the area. There has not been many instances where he has not been present! He does an awesome job at what he does, regardless if he'c covering McCallie, Baylor, or a D1 school!!

Don't you guys get too civil. Bear Cat Brown and I still want to see your battle on the mat.

So you think you would get your money's worth? You think this 'ol grandpa would last more than 20 seconds? I'll have to have my bro there to tag team the Vol; maybe Raider76, Mtnwrastler or JT would be his partner.

jed hussain was very impressive today...

the young twins are very good atheletes , what jed hussein accomplished vs. joe was very impressive. he was on fire, with every scramble going his way-i believe jed although only two years into this great sport is peaking at a good time- truly one of the best performances i have seen this year - JT - 20 seconds may be pushing my limit but it's still fun to bark about , i'll take wv (he's in shape) that way i'm still just a cheerleader.

I'll have to have my bro there to tag team the Vol; maybe Raider76, Mtnwrastler or JT would be his partner.

I've got nothin but love for deaddux, Mntwrastler, Raider76, Herm, Bearcat, Harry, and coachj, but if I'm forced to pick a partner I'll have to revert back to my high school and college running mate Jakesdad. No offense guys, but he's about 240 lbs and we can practice in the back yard since he lives next door.

the young twins are very good atheletes , what jed hussein accomplished vs. joe was very impressive. he was on fire, with every scramble going his way-i believe jed although only two years into this great sport is peaking at a good time- truly one of the best performances i have seen this year - JT - 20 seconds may be pushing my limit but it's still fun to bark about , i'll take wv (he's in shape) that way i'm still just a cheerleader.

Jed wrestled Will young not joe, but i will give it jed he did a great job vs. will

You have to have a little offense, something that I did not see in green and austin. If I was down by a point or two and I didn't attempt a shot , Yogi and Steve might have had a suggestive word to me. Still you might be right, things will proabaly be different next time, they always are.

bear cat

ps I still don't like seeing you in red Yogi, It just ain't natural

BOON-A

BCB-----if the Yogi and Steve you are talking about are Yogi Anderson and Steve Hammond, former state champs at Notre Dame and later coaches there, "suggestive" is probably too mild of a description for the words they ahd for you. Since both of them were " schooled" by Nick Bratcher, my suspicion is that their words to you would have been more in the nature of an order or demand, probably in language too colorful for this board, with a clear understanding of what part of your anatomy needed to get in gear and what the consequences would be if it did not. Just a hunch.

I've got nothin but love for deaddux, Mntwrastler, Raider76, Herm, Bearcat, Harry, and coachj, but if I'm forced to pick a partner I'll have to revert back to my high school and college running mate Jakesdad. No offense guys, but he's about 240 lbs and we can practice in the back yard since he lives next door.

Just give me a couple of months' notice so I can get in shape......never mind, I'll just get BCB to call a meeting before our match, that'll get me ready. Bear Cat, is that backless chair (you had back in 1978) available for me to borrow? I'm sure I'll need a nap between the meeting and the match.

Jake's dad (forget 1st name) is getting pushed by a young 160 pounder I understand, and boy do I understand as my 145 pounder can push me. My bro is also 240 now, the other is now 225 as a back up. We're all up about 30-60 pounds since the ol prime though.

The thing I wonder about is how Joe stays so thin?

Edited by Sommers