Bray's Rankings 7

CoachBray

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Price said he made the switch with Usary and Drish because it gave them a better tournament team in the Region.

:thumb: You can say what you want but Usary is ducking Bundy. There is no possible way there team is better with the two switched. You take a unranked 125 and move him to 130 he is still unranked. take a 2 ranked 130 and move him to 125 he is one ranked. I do not believe it helps the team. It helps Usary not Drish. The team could maybe win a state title at 125 now.

Edited by werazzlin

:thumb: You can say what you want but Usary is ducking Bundy. There is no possible way there team is better with the two switched. You take a unranked 125 and move him to 130 he is still unranked. take a 2 ranked 130 and move him to 125 he is one ranked. I do not believe it helps the team. It helps Usary not Drish. The team could maybe win a state title at 125 now.

yeah amen and i dont know how he is geting down either but hey coach bray r u going to go to the state duals and wacth the good macths

:lol: You can say what you want but Usary is ducking Bundy. There is no possible way there team is better with the two switched. You take a unranked 125 and move him to 130 he is still unranked. take a 2 ranked 130 and move him to 125 he is one ranked. I do not believe it helps the team. It helps Usary not Drish. The team could maybe win a state title at 125 now.

I disagree somewhat. Yes, Usary has a better chance of winning state at 125. But this is how the switching CAN make you a better tournament team (Coach P was talking about the region). Usary will be favored to win the region at either weight class. Will Drish have a better chance at 130? Also, if 125 is tougher in their region, Usary will be getting the 1st place points for his team, rather than another wrestler. The guy that would've been region champ at 125 (if not Drish) will now have to settle for 2nd place points. That gives Science Hill an edge for winning the region title.

Sorry, I will not be able to make the trip to the duals. However, I do expect a lot of updates on this board! Good luck to all the teams.

Thank you Coach Bray. Your explanation was next to perfect. I fought Bo and one of my assistants for over a week when I made this decision.

Thank you, tnfolkstyle, whoever you are. I appreciate your confidence in my team. I imagine you are someone with your finger on the pulse of Region One wrestling who can make such sweeping statements. Perhaps you can predict the exact final team scores complete with state qualifiers and match results. I'd love to see that. If you can get it to me by Monday I can take it to the seed meeting and see if I can't get the guys just to skip the tournament and give us our plaques so we can start looking towards Chattanooga. Or maybe you are a mole from Greeneville supplying Coach Brimer with some wonderful bulletin board material, which I'm sure he appreciates. And by the way, there are four Es in Greeneville. See I know that since I've been battling them for 15 seasons now.

It's amazing how wrestling can attract the finest, most excellent people and at the same time draw the most dishonorable absolute imbeciles. And this website, replete with armchair Dan Gables and J. Robinsons.

And I understand posts by KIDS. When I was a wrestler my coaches made decisions that I didn't like or understand. Since I've been coaching, I've made those very decisions hundreds, maybe thousands of times. And the good thing about being a kid is that you can make ignorant, uninformed, disrespectful statements and pretty much get away with them. As someone once said, "forgive them, they know not what they do..."

The decision for me was a no brainer. I know I'm just a primitive screwhead from the right side of the state but in case you haven't noticed it, Greeneville is pretty good. They're in a bit of a bracketing pickle at the duals but they'll represent us East TN hillbillies right well at Clarksville. They've pushed us all year long and at the regionals we'll need every point we can scrape up. Once at Jeff County we won by a point and a half...

I'm doing what I think is best for my team first and then my people. My team and my people with whom I have sweated and suffered and laughed and cried. My team and my people to whom I have given a great share of my time, devotion, and love. The mission comes first, and the mission is as many championships as we can win. If any of you self proclaimed sages want to get a degree and come take my place, have at it.

Sorry Tennessee, but my team is more important than anyone's personal drama.

I feel sorry for the sad people (for whom I once had absolute respect) who have created it and rejoice that me and mine are no longer part of it.

Edited by ArtusCimber

Thank you Coach Bray. Your explanation was next to perfect. I fought Bo and one of my assistants for over a week when I made this decision.

Thank you, tnfolkstyle, whoever you are. I appreciate your confidence in my team. I imagine you are someone with your finger on the pulse of Region One wrestling who can make such sweeping statements. Perhaps you can predict the exact final team scores complete with state qualifiers and match results. I'd love to see that. If you can get it to me by Monday I can take it to the seed meeting and see if I can't get the guys just to skip the tournament and give us our plaques so we can start looking towards Chattanooga. Or maybe you are a mole from Greeneville supplying Coach Brimer with some wonderful bulletin board material, which I'm sure he appreciates. And by the way, there are two Es in Greeneville. See I know that since I've been battling them for 15 seasons now.

It's amazing how wrestling can attract the finest, most excellent people and at the same time draw the most dishonorable absolute imbeciles. And this website, replete with armchair Dan Gables and J. Robinsons.

And I understand posts by KIDS. When I was a wrestler my coaches made decisions that I didn't like or understand. Since I've been coaching, I've made those very decisions hundreds, maybe thousands of times. And the good thing about being a kid is that you can make ignorant, uninformed, disrespectful statements and pretty much get away with them. As someone once said, "forgive them, they know not what they do..."

The decision for me was a no brainer. I know I'm just a primitive screwhead from the right side of the state but in case you haven't noticed it, Greeneville is pretty good. They're in a bit of a bracketing pickle at the duals but they'll represent us East TN hillbillies right well at Clarksville. They've pushed us all year long and at the regionals we'll need every point we can scrape up. Once at Jeff County we won by a point and a half...

I'm doing what I think is best for my team first and then my people. My team and my people with whom I have sweated and suffered and laughed and cried. My team and my people to whom I have given a great share of my time, devotion, and love. The mission comes first, and the mission is as many championships as we can win. If any of you self proclaimed sages want to get a degree and come take my place, have at it.

Sorry Tennessee, but my team is more important than anyone's personal drama.

I feel sorry for the sad people (for whom I once had absolute respect) who have created it and rejoice that me and mine are no longer part of it.

This man is what the sport is all about.

A little loud, alittle round but all heart for this great sport!

Good luck to The Hill, Greenville and Maryville at the State Duals!