1/31 White House at DCA

timbdp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and talent is always in the hands of the players...coaches just have to understand how to maximize it and use it to the best of the athletes' abilities!

but back to WH-DCA. I heard that it was a great game. anyone have any details that do not include officiating??? I'd love to know how it went.

Edited by HickoryHusker

"rooster no, rooster blood brother", I knew DCA is for real, I have wondered why no one was talking about them. They are fun to watch! :blink:

"Rooster" refers to a parent at D.C.A. whom I was assuming you might be. Guess your not that person....D.C.A. has a tallented team and is fun to watch, it will be interesting to see how far they can go in their Region. This is a team that has also proven itself with some wins against quality opponents. They have not lost to a bunch of A schools like some of the AA leaders have....They are also well coached

So, the only side that you heard was hers and took that to be "the truth."

You're also the same person that claimed that York Institute was in a "weak district" (in the york upperman thread). You really need to get your facts straight before you start making false accusations toward the DCA coach or anyone else.

There are a bunch of people at DCA that knows our coaches run a great program and teach more than the game af basketball to our young ladies. We wouldn't trade any of them.

Edited by ROBERTO

"Rooster" refers to a parent at D.C.A. whom I was assuming you might be. Guess your not that person....D.C.A. has a tallented team and is fun to watch, it will be interesting to see how far they can go in their Region. This is a team that has also proven itself with some wins against quality opponents. They have not lost to a bunch of A schools like some of the AA leaders have....They are also well coached

I've known rooster for 42 years, he will get into girl's BB in a few years, that little one he's got will be a guard at DCA in about 5 or 6 years. I have only got to watch the DCA team twice, but they are the real deal. I think the coach has the perfect system for the kids he has, and they run it well. They have an MJ girl that shooting the 3's, Lacy Johnston, she played for MJMS a few years ago. :thumb:

Edited by worden55

"Also, what does bmp stand for? Just curious."--ROBERTO

It's bdp, not bmp, and it stands for blue devil pride...c'mon man!

I didn't mean to get an argument started or disparage a young girl. I have seen both Hester and McClellan play. They are both very good players. It would simply be a @#!%^ contest to argue who is better. That wasn't my intent in making the statement about DCA. My intent was to offer a compliment to DCA. I hope to see both teams in the state tournament.

I AM A WHITE HOUSE FAN AND TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE REFS HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE WIN. WE PLAYED A VERY GOOD TEAM THAT FOUGHT HARD TO WIN, AS DID OUR GIRLS. YOU ALL DESERVE THE RESPECT THOSE GIRLS EARNED THAT NIGHT. IT WAS 2 EVENLY MATCHED TEAMS WITH BOTH HAVING THEIR OWN TALENTED PLAYERS. ALL THE GIRLS THAT PLAYED, PLAYED TO WIN. SOMEONE HAS TO WIN AND SOMEONE HAS TO LOSE, BUT THERE WERE NO LOSERS - JUST GOOD BALL PLAYERS. DCA'S #24 IS TO BE COMMENDED, SHE WORKED HARD AND IT PAYED OFF.

So, the only side that you heard was hers and took that to be "the truth."

You're also the same person that claimed that York Institute was in a "weak district" (in the york upperman thread). You really need to get your facts straight before you start making false accusations toward the DCA coach or anyone else.

There are a bunch of people at DCA that knows our coaches run a great program and teach more than the game af basketball to our young ladies. We wouldn't trade any of them.

I am glad that you are keeping track of my thread responses. I have heard from many people their versions of that story. I believe that D.C.A. has an excellant coach. Again my thread was in reference to a comment made that McClellan was not good enough to start at D.C.A.{Couldn't Get off the BencH) but was one of the best players at ezell. I Did not state that York was in a week district, I said that based upon the team that I had seen play at Knoxville and the comments made to me by a coach t respondant, that they may just be a good team in a weak district. THis was in reference to them being great and that they would beat upperman. For your information York lost that game by 12.

I have been to many D.C.A. games for many years and I am in agreement that their head coach is one of the best coaches in the area.

I didn't mean to get an argument started or disparage a young girl. I have seen both Hester and McClellan play. They are both very good players. It would simply be a @#!%^ contest to argue who is better. That wasn't my intent in making the statement about DCA. My intent was to offer a compliment to DCA. I hope to see both teams in the state tournament.

I did not mean to imply that McClellan was better than Hester. I agree that it would be a waste of time to compare players head to head. I said she could start at D.C.A.,and your thread kind of came across that she couldn't start at D.C.A. but was a great player for Ezell. Taking a shot at both her and Ezell. These girls do read these threads and they all work hard to be the best players that they can be. Sorry if I jumped you on that one.......but I do know this player and I know that she has worked really hard and she is a great ball player who would start on any team in this District, and any AA region...and I am not related to her.