Grace @ Ooltewah

sportsfanallthetime

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe if I were a Grace parent/booster, I would be calling for a change in coaching. They have too much talent and ability to lose games against teams like Ooltewah ( a traditional power, but weak this year), Central, and Notre Dame. I did not even see the game, but imagine that Grace played nothing but man and Ooltewah used their athleticism to blow by them to the basket. It is not a mistake to use a zone when the situation warrants...

I believe if I were a Grace parent/booster, I would be calling for a change in coaching. They have too much talent and ability to lose games against teams like Ooltewah ( a traditional power, but weak this year), Central, and Notre Dame. I did not even see the game, but imagine that Grace played nothing but man and Ooltewah used their athleticism to blow by them to the basket. It is not a mistake to use a zone when the situation warrants...

Well I'm one for two, and I call for neither.

Well, whichever one you are, how can you not be dissatisfied with the job he is doing there? Having a 6-8 kid play offense at the free throw line, and repeatedly losing to more athletic teams that can't shoot because he doesn't play a zone? I guess Grace has a program that is satisfied with making it to sub-state or state but always coming up empty-handed.

Edited by bball1984

Well, whichever one you are, how can you not be dissatisfied with the job he is doing there? Having a 6-8 kid play offense at the free throw line, and repeatedly losing to more athletic teams that can't shoot because he doesn't play a zone? I guess Grace has a program that is satisfied with making it to sub-state or state but always coming up empty-handed.

From someone who is nothing but critical of Grace...

In earlier posts you have mentioned that Carter's teammates take him out of the game, now it's the coaches fault... How many touches did Carter get tonight? Alot.

My advice is: choose a side and stick to it.

From someone who is nothing but critical of Grace...

In earlier posts you have mentioned that Carter's teammates take him out of the game, now it's the coaches fault... How many touches did Carter get tonight? Alot.

My advice is: choose a side and stick to it.

i dont think he was talking about carter's touches on offense...just the team's defensive strategy

This truely was by far the worst game i have seen the Eagles play this year. Absolutely sickening to watch. I will give it to the Owls for the good win, but it wasnt b/c of their good play.

I think the most dissapointing aspect of the loss was the lack of hustle. Dilts and Van Horn were the only ones on the floor that hustled AT ALL! The players were just standing around watching. And sometimes we had players not even doing that much. There were 2 or 3 times where our players got hit in the face with a pass b/c they werent paying attention to what was going on.

There was not a single play run all night. Carter was a good 5 inches taller than anyone on the court but Grace still refused to use him to their advantage down low. The turnovers were bad and there was just a total lack of heart.

It is bad when there was discussion in the stands (jokingly of course) that the students should boycott attending the games until the players start playing harder than the fans are cheering.