IS WHITBY GOING BACK TO OBION CENTRAL?

spellerone

Ohhhh! do what i say or i will send you to the emergency room. How about just kicking the kid off the team if he is doing wrong rather than assaulting him. Two wrongs don't make a right(hmmm i just thought of that).

You need to get both sides of the story before you make comments. During practice on Wed. every player was running the toughman drill in the paint. When Danial could not take the toughman drill, he cursed at coach jones, threw his jersey in the coaches face, said I quit and walked out of practice. Coach resumed practice. There was no blood or bump on Danials head.

Coach Jones is a tough, disiplined, successful coach that has taken several teams to Tn. sub state tournaments. He is not on trial. The people of Obion Co. , who have a history of running off good coaches, are on trial. Coach Jones has proved he can coach. Last year you only won 4 games. This year you already have won 9, with mostly soph. and freshmen. imagine what you could be like in three or four years.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get both sides of the story before you make comments. During practice on Wed. every player was running the toughman drill in the paint. When Danial could not take the toughman drill, he cursed at coach jones, threw his jersey in the coaches face, said I quit and walked out of practice. Coach resumed practice. There was no blood or bump on Danials head.

Coach Jones is a tough, disiplined, successful coach that has taken several teams to Tn. sub state tournaments. He is not on trial. The people of Obion Co. , who have a history of running off good coaches, are on trial. Coach Jones has proved he can coach. Last year you only won 4 games. This year you already have won 9, with mostly soph. and freshmen. imagine what you could be like in three or four years.

What teams has he taken to substate?

Nice one...but for the record, Westview boys have been to substate since Obion Co has been. When was the last trip for Obion Co? Westview went to Melrose in 1997, and would have won had they not been scared of the medal detectors! :thumb:Union City won it all that year...

Glad you are back...it has been quiet! I have also noticed that greenfieldfan has lost his plus privileges. I was about to go into mourning!!

Edited by WesCharge

Yeah 97' was when they recruited the Bachelor kid to play in Martin and it looks like he went back home and lost in Memphis.. Sub-state's don't matter , it state titles that everyone plays for and one of those beauties is in the trophy case at the "BARN" :lol:

Liv'in the past!! ;)

I posted this in another thread about Obion County. It fits a little better in this thread however:

In starting, I have no personal interest concerning Obion County Central. It is not my intention to run the program into the dirt nor is it to chastise the administration, however, the politics that is the Obion County system is absolutely absurd and its pinnacle is in Troy. It has turned into a death trap for coaches and the political atmosphere that exist has taken a precedence over winning basketball games. This does not condone a 'win at all cost' attitude, however, where is the coach's backing? From Coach Shanks, to Coach Whitby, to whoever else one may name, why to me anyway, does it seem they are almost victims of a system? Seemingly, for whatever reason, a coach at OCCHS is destined to fail, even if he wins ball games and does it the correct way. At Central it seems coaches and referees are blamed for losing and players are praised for winning. The accusations are inexcusable, however, in my opinion, there was no malicious intent. Basketball is a sport, and a fairly rough sport. In my four years of high school ball I broke 3 bones and had a few concussions, all but one injury was suffered at practice. Charge drills, diving on the ball drills, and low-post contact drills are fun. Things happen, and its a shame that the sensitive society throughout America has finally made its way to all of Obion County.

Yeah 97' was when they recruited the Bachelor kid to play in Martin and it looks like he went back home and lost in Memphis.. Sub-state's don't matter , it state titles that everyone plays for and one of those beauties is in the trophy case at the "BARN" ;)

Be honest! You would settle for a region tournament appearance right now! Alot has changed in 20 years! :lol:

I posted this in another thread about Obion County. It fits a little better in this thread however:

In starting, I have no personal interest concerning Obion County Central. It is not my intention to run the program into the dirt nor is it to chastise the administration, however, the politics that is the Obion County system is absolutely absurd and its pinnacle is in Troy. It has turned into a death trap for coaches and the political atmosphere that exist has taken a precedence over winning basketball games. This does not condone a 'win at all cost' attitude, however, where is the coach's backing? From Coach Shanks, to Coach Whitby, to whoever else one may name, why to me anyway, does it seem they are almost victims of a system? Seemingly, for whatever reason, a coach at OCCHS is destined to fail, even if he wins ball games and does it the correct way. At Central it seems coaches and referees are blamed for losing and players are praised for winning. The accusations are inexcusable, however, in my opinion, there was no malicious intent. Basketball is a sport, and a fairly rough sport. In my four years of high school ball I broke 3 bones and had a few concussions, all but one injury was suffered at practice. Charge drills, diving on the ball drills, and low-post contact drills are fun. Things happen, and its a shame that the sensitive society throughout America has finally made its way to all of Obion County.

Well said!!! Obion Countians get a life and let your coaches coach and officials officiate! The whole system seems like the convicts are running the prison. By the way, talked to whitby verrrrry recently. The feeling I got from him was why would anyone want to go there! Nuff Said!!!!

CC