IS WHITBY GOING BACK TO OBION CENTRAL?

spellerone

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is cotrell? also any man would be fool to tke this job. the "folks over there at OC have completely ruined athletics at central. you couldn't pay me a million

(unless it was guaranteed) to coach at Central.

Could we pay ya a million to cheer , cheerchick?? Are you a cheerleader or just a fan on the high school hoops?? :lol:

I talked to Whitby last night about the coaching position at Central and asked about the other coach..He told me what he knew about the situation .I ask him what's going on at Central with all the coaches and he told me that Central wasn't all that bad ..that overall they treated him pretty well and that he didn't have very much problems there...I believe he's happy at Lake Co with his wife a teacher in the school system ,so I don't believe he would go back..And by the fact that he told me that he thinks Lake Co will be better next year!

who is cotrell? also any man would be fool to tke this job. the "folks over there at OC have completely ruined athletics at central. you couldn't pay me a million

(unless it was guaranteed) to coach at Central.

Kermit Cottrell, another one of those "one and done coaches at OCCHS" back in 1980. He came in with high expectations, very cocky, ran the kids to death during pre/off season (Gave a new meaning to the word suicide, no pun intended) and led them to a sparkling 3-19 record. Good guy, very personable, but didn't please the right people. After he left, Elvin Hatch took over. Coach Hatch was best known in his days as one of the more successful Girls Basketball Coaches during the 6 on 6 era. He didn't fare much better during his two years there. Thus, leading to the hiring of Jimmy Whitby and the rest is history....both the good and the bad.

Kermit Cottrell, another one of those "one and done coaches at OCCHS" back in 1980. He came in with high expectations, very cocky, ran the kids to death during pre/off season (Gave a new meaning to the word suicide, no pun intended) and led them to a sparkling 3-19 record. Good guy, very personable, but didn't please the right people. After he left, Elvin Hatch took over. Coach Hatch was best known in his days as one of the more successful Girls Basketball Coaches during the 6 on 6 era. He didn't fare much better during his two years there. Thus, leading to the hiring of Jimmy Whitby and the rest is history....both the good and the bad.

Wait a minute, isn't Kermit a frog? How can a frog be cocky? Old Timer I think you are a little confused, is it time for your nap?

Well if parents would do the job at home and raise kids right , then the school officials wouldn't have to treat them like criminals!! :( If a kid can't act right , then they deserved to be punished!!

It's all about Old School ways when young people respected their elders!!

Wake up AMERICA!! :thumb:

Ohhhh! do what i say or i will send you to the emergency room. How about just kicking the kid off the team if he is doing wrong rather than assaulting him. Two wrongs don't make a right(hmmm i just thought of that).

Wait a minute, isn't Kermit a frog? How can a frog be cocky? Old Timer I think you are a little confused, is it time for your nap?

No nap, Miss Piggy has other plans :thumb: Coach Cottrell was a very young coach and was very cocky, believed in his abilities and his game plan. It didn't work and he was forced out after one year. Personnally, I liked him and feel he wasn't given much of an opportunity.