Coach of the Year--your picks

katMANdo

Just a note here to say that Livingston beat Upperman in overtime by 3, and Upperman had an open shot that rimmed in and out to go to double overtime, so I would not say that they "soundly whipped" them. I do think Livingston has a good coach, though, but let's not forget they lost to York.

What if Livingston had the big girl from York? They would win the State. She can make a bad coach look good. She is the best I have seen play. Livingston had a terrible game against York. I did not see the game, but was told they could not hit anything that night. Lucky for York, but my coaching pick still goes to Livingston.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Coach Leslie Smith from Livingston Academy should be coach of the year in Class AA. She has really turn her girls around from last year. They are tied for 1st in district 7AA now with Upperman. They was picked to be 4th in the district 7AA at the beginning of the year behind Upperman, York, and Smith Co. They will play Upperman again at Upperman on Feb. 10th. Everyone will see then just how good Coach Smith is when Livingston Academy beats Upperman again.

Alan Bush (7AAA Siegel High) A high school in only its 3 year . Shares the county with Riverdale,Oakland, Blackman,Lavergne, and Smyrna. The first year (6-22),last year they were 16-10 and this year they are 19-8 and second place in the district (9-2). Was pick to finish 5th in their district that they share with Riverdale. With only 9 varsity players and not enough girls to scrimmage with in practice. Alan Bush has done a tremendous job.

Siegel Coach Alan Bush has had to learn the difference between coaching boys in an established program and a start up program at a brand new high school. My guess is that he never had to give a scathing half time analysis that resulted in the players bursting into tears, prior to coming to Siegel. The progress has been marked and evident.

He and his staff are still defining themselves, but the results are admirable. He gets my vote. A true class act that demands only the best from his players. His vision, standards and discipline have made the players better young women for the experience.

i think the Union City girls coach should be. i mean they are having the best season in school histroy!!!! he has change the program from the time he get the head coaching job!!! it is fun to go and watch the girls play at Union City!!!!!

Jeff Chandler of Union City. He has led the Lady Tornadoes to 2nd place in District 14A and ranked in the AP Top 15. Not bad for a team that has been a yearly doormat for Girl's basketball in West Tennessee.

Jeff Chandler of Union City. He has led the Lady Tornadoes to 2nd place in District 14A and ranked in the AP Top 15. Not bad for a team that has been a yearly doormat for Girl's basketball in West Tennessee.

BH...Can you fathom a Union City girls team with 18 victories and a legitimate shot at 20 before the district tournament starts up???????..Unbelievable if you ask me.... :thumb:

i think the Union City girls coach should be. i mean they are having the best season in school histroy!!!! he has change the program from the time he get the head coaching job!!! it is fun to go and watch the girls play at Union City!!!!!

Although this is a GREAT season in Union City Lady Tornado history,It's not the greatest,yet....Union City DID win a state championship WAYYYYY back in 1925.... :thumb:

Unless there is a bias against Union City by the other league coaches about Union City moving down from 2A,Jeff Chandler deserves Coach of the Year in District 14A...These girls that are seniors now were 2-22 their freshman season and no matter what the girls do from now on to the end of the season,WILL NOT be ABOVE .500 in their basketball careers...Not even close,actually....

Edited by backinthaoc

What if Livingston had the big girl from York? They would win the State. She can make a bad coach look good. She is the best I have seen play. Livingston had a terrible game against York. I did not see the game, but was told they could not hit anything that night. Lucky for York, but my coaching pick still goes to Livingston.

If Livingston had Brandi Brown, they wouldn't need a coach.

I believe Coach Leslie Smith from Livingston Academy should be coach of the year in Class AA. She has really turn her girls around from last year. They are tied for 1st in district 7AA now with Upperman. They was picked to be 4th in the district 7AA at the beginning of the year behind Upperman, York, and Smith Co. They will play Upperman again at Upperman on Feb. 10th. Everyone will see then just how good Coach Smith is when Livingston Academy beats Upperman again.

I personally can not wait to see the game.

Although this is a GREAT season in Union City Lady Tornado history,It's not the greatest,yet....Union City DID win a state championship WAYYYYY back in 1925.... :thumb:

Unless there is a bias against Union City by the other league coaches about Union City moving down from 2A,Jeff Chandler deserves Coach of the Year in District 14A...These girls that are seniors now were 2-22 their freshman season and no matter what the girls do from now on to the end of the season,WILL NOT be ABOVE .500 in their basketball careers...Not even close,actually....

This coach has come a long way! He deserves alot more credit than he will probably get! I know for a fact that he has his players interest first and formost. He not only wants to succeed but he wants his players to succeed and feel good about what they do and he wants the school and the fans to be proud. He demands respect and good attitudes from his players in the long run they will be winners no matter what especially the ones who have stuck with him and the program thru good and bad

Edited by sportsfan47

This coach has come a long way! He deserves alot more credit than he will probably get! I know for a fact that he has his players interest first and formost. He not only wants to succeed but he wants his players to succeed and feel good about what they do and he wants the school and the fans to be proud. He demands respect and good attitudes from his players in the long run they will be winners no matter what especially the ones who have stuck with him and the program thru good and bad

For what this man has had to overcome at Union City,this year is amazing.....In the past,the girls program has had to deal with a band that takes time away from these girls,no athletic period(say what you want about it,but that puts this program in a hole and way behind the other schools that have it) and an attitude that girls can't win at Union City..Years and Years of not only bad records,but teams that didn't even make games competitive,have turned in a relatively short period of time and it's a very good story...Congrats to the girls and Jeff Chandler...