JP2 56 Father Ryan 55 OT

thetotaltruth

I have no solid evidence but I find it hard to believe that a school of less than 800 people just so happens to have two top 5 basketball recruits fall into their lap. And about Father Ryan, we shouldn't have expected anything less from them. Before JPII and Ryan ever played in football the only measuring stick was common opponents and we didn't hear the end of the fact that we lost to knoxville catholic...until ryan did too. I understand this is basketball but I think Ryan has a problem with accepting that there might be a Catholic school in the Nashville area thats....better than them. examples:

JPII Class of 2005 Average ACT score: 25 (off the website)

Father Ryan Class of 2005 Average ACT score: 22 (off the website)

JPII % of students taking an AP: 78

FR % of students taking an AP/Honors: 56

Sometimes we forget that STUDENT is the operative word in STUDENT Athlete

Why all the hostility towards BA, guys? We're all just private schools doing the best we can.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man all i have to say is josh bone has been at ba since 7th grade.... he came bc ba was a all around great school... ba's basketball program was alright then with harrison but they knew his family knew he would get a lot of publicity since ba has always been known for outstanding athletics... brandan came in 9th grade and his brother was in 8th grade... so its not like we knew either of the players would get to where they are today... now if they had both transfered to ba after like there soph year it would be different but they didnt so you cant say that ba just picked them up.

I`m Not surprised Ensworth is having success this early.

The Ricky Bowers/David Pack recruiting effort is ahead of schedule. They have identified potential student athletes in the past couple of years and gotten them into the Ensworth System.

Financial Aid is a given for those who qualify and their facilities dwarf anyone`s in this area.

Ensworth makes no secret they want to be preeminent private school in the state and they are on a mission to achieve there goals.

Just look at what they have done with freshmen and Sophs.

hey man all i have to say is josh bone has been at ba since 7th grade.... he came bc ba was a all around great school... ba's basketball program was alright then with harrison but they knew his family knew he would get a lot of publicity since ba has always been known for outstanding athletics... brandan came in 9th grade and his brother was in 8th grade... so its not like we knew either of the players would get to where they are today... now if they had both transfered to ba after like there soph year it would be different but they didnt so you cant say that ba just picked them up.

Well, you just said yourself that Bone went to BA because of the athletics, and if state runner-up is just an alright basketball team when Harrison was there, then i wonder what all the other teams are considered. And if I'm not mistaken, Brandon Wright was 6'9 in 9th grade and freshman player of the year, so to say that BA didn't know what kind of player he was is completely wrong.

If you want to be completely honest i have had many talks with Coach Pitts about the first time he saw Brandan play basketball was when he walked in the gym the first day of fall. He never saw him play before that. What am i saying is that yes does brentwood give financial aid like every other division II team but if you want to get on the recruiting bandwagon like everyone else you can just ask the supreme court who won the case to say if he we recruit or not. I do not think that the Supreme Court get many things wrong.