D1 Preseason Predictions

palmetto6

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie is looking pretty strong this year with a solid group of seniors and juniors. it seems like theyve even found some guys to put between the pipes. they easily have the toughest schedule in tennessee if not the south, so well have to see how they handle themselves against teams like gilman

The toughest schedual?

have you looked at anyone elses because MUS is going to orlando and playing several northern teams such as Avon School

The toughest schedual?

have you looked at anyone elses because MUS is going to orlando and playing several northern teams such as Avon School

MUS is playing Dublin Coffman and Neuqua Valley, 832 and 781 last year respectively, according to laxpower's national rankings. That surely trumps McCallie playing Gilman who was 31st last year.

I apologize for thinking McCallie had the strongest schedule.

It only took me 2 minutes to look up those numbers and see the fact that you have no factual support whatsoever, which was 2 minutes you could have spent to realize you shouldn't have posted on this board.

Edited by Redtwin

MUS is playing Dublin Coffman and Neuqua Valley, 832 and 781 last year respectively, according to laxpower's national rankings. That surely trumps McCallie playing Gilman who was 31st last year.

I apologize for thinking McCallie had the strongest schedule.

It only took me 2 minutes to look up those numbers and see the fact that you have no factual support whatsoever, which was 2 minutes you could have spent to realize you shouldn't have posted on this board in order that you would not come across as assanine, and quite frankly retarded. Please don't waste our time anymore with such erroneous claims.

Dublin Coffman used to be a pretty good program when I was in high school. They certainly weren't very good last year, but they have been good in the past, and I would imagine they would be improved from what was one of their worst teams ever last year. I don't think billy18 was referring to Nequa Valley either when he was commenting on MUS' SOS. This is the third year in a row those teams have played, and I'm not sure what the relationship there is, but I think it's a matter of Nequa coming down and getting in 2 or 3 games in a weekend. I think Billy was referring to their trip to Disney, which usually has some good teams. I'd probably give the edge to McCallie due to Gilman, which will be the best team anyone in TN plays this year, and Winter Park, Lovett, Charlotte Latin and Lassiter are all coming off good years, but McCallie is a little bit more centrally located for a schedule like this, which helps them out. I think MUS and MBA have also done a very good job of scheduling this year with teams like Islip, St. X, and Avon (if that is who they are playing), etc. Also, for the sake of argument, McCallie again has the shortest schedule out of the three. Another thing, just because a team was good last year, doesn't necessarily mean they'll be good this year. I think this is probably the most competitive year for the state of TN as far as scheduling, particularly since Ravenwood and CBHS seem to be on the rise. It should be a good year with McCallie being the early leader.

On a side note Mauler, please watch the wording of your posts. It's early in the year and I don't want to have to spend a lot of time babysitting these boards. Please keep your comments directed toward the topic and not toward the poster. I will be closley monitoring topics early in the year so err on the conservative side. Thanks, let's have a good season.

Edited by Redtwin

I think Billy was referring to their trip to Disney, which usually has some good teams. I'd probably give the edge to McCallie due to Gilman, which will be the best team anyone in TN plays this year, and Winter Park, Lovett, Charlotte Latin and Lassiter are all coming off good years, but McCallie is a little bit more centrally located for a schedule like this, which helps them out.

Although it's quite obviously easier for McCallie to play teams from the Atlanta area, like you said, part of the strength of the schedule is taking the trip to play in North Carolina year in and year out as well as getting games against MIAA/IAC teams consistently. While location is a factor, MUS could/should take advantage of being much closer in proximity to quality teams from Texas. I realize it isn't that close, but the opportunity there is comparable to a drive to North Carolina from Chattanooga. And as far as the Disney trip, who all did MUS play there last year, and who are they planning to play this year?

Dublin Coffman used to be a pretty good program when I was in high school. They certainly weren't very good last year, but they have been good in the past, and I would imagine they would be improved from what was one of their worst teams ever last year. I don't think billy18 was referring to Nequa Valley either when he was commenting on MUS' SOS. This is the third year in a row those teams have played, and I'm not sure what the relationship there is, but I think it's a matter of Nequa coming down and getting in 2 or 3 games in a weekend. I think Billy was referring to their trip to Disney, which usually has some good teams. I'd probably give the edge to McCallie due to Gilman, which will be the best team anyone in TN plays this year, and Winter Park, Lovett, Charlotte Latin and Lassiter are all coming off good years, but McCallie is a little bit more centrally located for a schedule like this, which helps them out. I think MUS and MBA have also done a very good job of scheduling this year with teams like Islip, St. X, and Avon (if that is who they are playing), etc. Also, for the sake of argument, McCallie again has the shortest schedule out of the three.

As long as Chattanooga has only 1 high school playing lacrosse, McCallie will have the shortest schedule. The closest games are Knoxville, ATL, and Nashville. No one can travel like that during the week. Except for Webb BB, there are no teams that would travel to McCallie on a weeknight

Edited by wagon