D1 Preseason Predictions

palmetto6

Yes, and with that being said, McCallie has had and will continue to have the strongest schedule because they are willing to travel and play games. Our location may make a trip to Atlanta or North Carolina more feasible than for MUS or MBA, but only slightly. We are still constantly on the bus with the Dean of Doughnuts / Skull Caps/ Beefwater/ Otis Spunklemeyer Muffins, every weekend.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I think McCallie does a very good job of scheduling, and I like to see it when any team from TN beats teams from other states, but I also think that MUS and MBA do a good job of scheduling, and while I do think McCallie has the toughest schedule this year, I don't think that it is enough of a difference to knock MBA's or MUS'. I look foward to watching all three of these teams post wins against some good out of state competition this year.

Don't get me wrong, I think McCallie does a very good job of scheduling, and I like to see it when any team from TN beats teams from other states, but I also think that MUS and MBA do a good job of scheduling, and while I do think McCallie has the toughest schedule this year, I don't think that it is enough of a difference to knock MBA's or MUS'. I look foward to watching all three of these teams post wins against some good out of state competition this year.

Well said. Ideally teams, like Gilman, will start to see there is solid competition in the South early in the season without having to travel to say....DisneyWorld. Please, don't jump on me about knocking MUS' schedule, but with all the NE, NY, and MD teams traveling down I-81, I-40, and I-75 why not cut the trip short by 10 hours by staying in GA and TN. McCallie beats Winter Park and they'll have to start making trips to TN.

I'm interested to see how McCallie does against Winter Park. I haven't seen any FL HS lax since I was in high school and we played St. Andrews. I would expect McCallie to do well. I think that will be their next most competitive non conference game to Gilman. As far as travel goes, I don't see why the Charlotte teams are coming to TN. Our teams have faired very well against them in the past several years, and IMO, the top three in TN are better than the top three in NC, at least their private division. Same goes for GA.

Well McCallie may be the frontrunner heading into the season but they certainly lost a lot of depth at attack when predicted starter Andrew Hamilton turned in his gear and resigned from his lacrosse career to play ultimate frisbee. He just sort of crept up out of nowhere this year in practice and really turned a lot of heads when he was on the field and in the weight room.

and trust me... D-rock is certainly ready

Alright lets be serious now, Andrew Hamilton was never good at lacrosse... Mccallie is going to be very good this year, their weakest part is their middies. The starting ten will be...

Ozzy at goalie

Jackson, Huffaker, Jones at defense

Hughes, Williamson, Youngs

Colpini, Nelson, Hayes

Everyone on this list played alot or started last year