D1 Preseason Predictions

palmetto6

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as this schedule thing goes you need to keep some things in mind. Nequa is not that great of a program and other than Loyola Academy, Lake Forest and New Trier who are up in the northshore area of Chicago, the rest of the programs in Illinois are not that great. Good or okay, but not great. Those three teams have been the perennial powerhouse programs for the past 15-20 years years. Some of you guys are too young to remember or know.

Dublin Coffman is another team that is good but they're not great. They have had a few good years here and there but far in between. Upper Arlington and Thomas Worthington are the powerhouses. That's how its always going to be. Islip is a joke. Play West Islip and there you go, thats a great team.

As far as Avon goes they are not the same caliber that they were in the 90's. Don't get me wrong, their good, but Gilman comes from the top conference and recruiting hotbed in the country, the MIAA, and they finished runner up to McDonough (Last years National Champion) last year in the championship and they beat them in the regular season. Gilman is a Top 20, if not Top 5 or 10 team every year. Avon, Coffman and Nequa are not. Gilman is one the most storied programs in boys high school lacrosse. The other teams in their conference with the exception of Severn, Mt. St. Joseph, Spalding and Friends are generally all ranked in the Top 20 each year(St. Pauls, St. Marys, Calvert Hall, Boys Latin, Loyola, & McDonough).

MUS and McCallie always go out and play the hardest schedules. Thats why they are battle tested come May. This year McCallie has the edge. Both teams play Lassiter, but McCallie also has Lovett (GA), St Marks (TX), Winter Park (FL), & Charlotte Latin (NC) who all played for or won State Championships last year and the past 4-5 years.

As far as predictions for the end of year go the trophy will stay in Chattanooga. McCallie is loaded this year. They will have what will be one of if not the best defenses ever with Huffaker, Jackson, Jones and 8, I repeat 8 other long poles on Varsity. They play solid team d and they have the edge with clearing, communications and stick skills. Average is 6'3'' 220. I'll keep the goalie selection a secret but he's good. His defense will take the pressure off of him this year and he will play well. Gilman will be a good test.

Offensively its sick. They have 4-5 solid face off guys who will run first or second line. A lot of young talent has been added to this veteren offense and don't be surprised to see 3 or 4 freshman starting games by the end of the year. The next few years look good. When it comes down to it you have to look at the attack. With experience this team is led by Kolpini, Hughes and Hayes. These guys know when to push it and they know when to slow it down. They don't force the ball they just play it smart. The loss of Brafford and Gregor is erroneous. You are looking at 5-6 potential All American Candidates. They will have two minimum.

Barring any disciplinary actions or injuries we will have East v/s West in the finals with MUS and McCallie playing for the third time in a row. However the third time won't be the charm as MUS plays the role of the bridesmaid yet again. This one will not be close. Too much fire power. McCallie by 8.

of course there was a point to that idiot. mccallie just won the 2006 state championship by 9! where have you been? its not but 3 posts above this one.

I was beginning to wonder what MUS kids would post about now that gibson has graduated. Apparently they will fill the boards with incessent whining about the fact that they have no team this year since they have relied on one guy the last 3 years..... interesting strategy.

I was beginning to wonder what MUS kids would post about now that gibson has graduated. Apparently they will fill the boards with incessent whining about the fact that they have no team this year since they have relied on one guy the last 3 years..... interesting strategy.

predicting a mccallie victory by 9 points sounds a little cocky to me too. and just remember this time last year everybody was saying we were gonna sweep everybody off their feet

Alright Dean McNasty, where did that come from? That does not have anything to do with McCallie's recent blowout victory in the 2006 State Championship. If you ask me, you are really taking the spotlight off this awesome win by putting up this post. Well done on the threepeat Tornado!!!!!!!

predicting a mccallie victory by 9 points sounds a little cocky to me too. and just remember this time last year everybody was saying we were gonna sweep everybody off their feet

I may be wrong but i beleive that the post stated that McCallie would win by eight, not nine. Lets get our facts straight before we start trash talking fellas

I may be wrong but i beleive that the post stated that McCallie would win by eight, not nine. Lets get our facts straight before we start trash talking fellas

the fact that yall are predicting that mccallie will win by any margin that large is retarded, regardless of whether its 8 or 9 points

the fact that yall are predicting that mccallie will win by any margin that large is retarded, regardless of whether its 8 or 9 points

ok, then, the rest of the McCallie commnunity and myself have to be curious what IS mus going to do to make the utterance of a mccallie victory so ludicrous? Maybe you'll graduate 8 some starters from the 2 time state runner up team, compared to mccallie graduating 4 starters from a 2 time state championship team. your confidence begs me to ask for you to indulge us on your apparently foolproof plans.

Edited by michigan mauler